“I had so much fun here”

Ranked #164 of 212 Speciality Lodging in Ko Lanta
Oakland, California
“I had so much fun here”
Reviewed 22 June 2014

Training at Lanta was a highlight of my trip to Thailand. I didn't stay there, so I can't vouch for accommodations, but the gym and training was wonderful. The trainers work you hard and give you lots of individual instruction. I met other people there who were experienced fighters and also people who were first-timers, and it seemed like everyone was getting a lot out of the instruction regardless of skill level. All of the staff is very nice, helpful, and passionate about Muay Thai. I found the gym facilities and cafe very nice as well. I think this is a great value and I highly recommend it.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends

Families
Couples
Business
London
Reviewed 23 March 2014

Flew all the way from England to train here. It was already high season. After 1 day I was told the price of the room had gone up by 50%. Not a good thing to do to someone without warning. The place was not very friendly and felt quite isolated. If you want to have a great time whilst training in Thailand, I would recommend elsewhere.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo

Travellers are raving about these Ko Lanta hotels

Reviewed 24 July 2013 via mobile

I first came to Lanta in February and enjoyed he training at Lanta Gym. The room was acceptable for the price however the owner was extremely unapproachable and ran the business badly.The staff were friendly enough but didn't really know what they were doing or how a business should be run. The Farang staff were more than helpful and went out of their ways to help a customers need. I came back to koh lanta as I enjoyed the training here and worked well with the trainers. The standard of training had clearly gone down from after I was here last time. The cleaning of the rooms was aweful and i received no free wifi and breakfast for 10 days that I was staying there even though I was paying for it. I was moved from my first room to a cheaper bungalow as when the wifi was finally installed.. It wouldn't reach my room. The room was filthy and was no way worth the same amount that I paid for my old room but after being without wifi for so long and unable to contact my family It was a small price to pay. After having money and an iphone5 mysteriously vanish from my room with no signs of a break in I thought it was best to leave. The ferang staff who were here in high season were great but unfortunately the place turned to rubbish when they left due to bad management from the owner and lazy staff.

• Stayed February 2013
2 Thank Clairefogel
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed 8 April 2013

i spent 5 months in Lanta gym training muay thai and enjoying the island and the way of living there, it offer package with a nice room and training sessions and met lots of nice people there.
The gym is well situated on the island at the end of long

• Stayed September 2012, travelled solo