Lowest prices for your stay
US$238
Hotels.comUS$251
PricelineUS$251
eDreamsUS$238
3,139 results
All reviews seas restaurant pool villa rak talay krabi airport private jetty the banyan tree upper part why not bar our honeymoon deluxe room the upper level koh haa lower pool thai restaurant the general manager boat transfer hill side
Selected filters
Reviewed 1 October 2012

First time in Koh Lanta and Pimalai, I found the best of the best here!!
Large area with the private beach and stunning swimming pools (one up on the hill and the other nearby the beach) I stayed at Deluxe and very lucky me cuz staff blocked the best room for me and I can see the beach too. Reasonable price and all staffs are very polite and professional. Always show Thai hospitality by Wai and say Sawasdee. A little thing I found at the breakfast restaurant was some staffs (a part of kitchen) not polite and seemed look down me cuz I'm Thai, I think. The way they treated and talked to me was not as nice as receptionists and waitresses did. Selection of breakfast was nice. I was very appreciated with the front line staffs and restaurant. Every morning at the restaurant they're always greet me by name and well recognize. Happy hour starts from 5-7 pm with the best location and design of the bar and restaurant are cozy and absolutely nice when looked at to the sky while sun goes down. Another great service is transfer out from resort to airport by Pimalai speed boat and van...lot of staffs stand by each meeting point (pier and airport). I had do nothing just sat in the van and boat for the rest are a part of staffs to do for me. The bad experienced in Pimalai is Spa. It's not about service but the quality. I did nail polish (no pedicure and manicure, just changed color) after finished I found it was ugly and unprofessional. Spa Manager was the person who done this service for me. She's very nice person but seemed she hasn't skill for this. Very upset cuz price is quite expensive if compared to the result I've got. Overall is excellent both of service and staffs. I will come back again for sure.

Room tip: Try to away from nail polish service...terrible!!
Date of stay: September 2012
Reviewed 30 September 2012

An interesting feature of the Pimalai is that the property is actually two seperate resorts, the lower complex being the 'resort' and the higher hillside 'Villa Estate'. We stayed in the former and found the hotel to be clean and well-managed with excellent service. Shortly before our stay we enrolled, online, in the Pimalai's loyalty programme, which is free to join, and as a result, were upgraded from the standard Deluxe room to a Bayfront Deluxe.
The room was generous in size and well appointed and maintained, offering a great view of the beach. The options of restaurants were good and varied enough to stop boredom setting in. There is the choice of Spice & Rice which serves an extensive Thai menu while there is the the beach bar with a Happy Hour between 5 &7 pm ( great for rehydrating at the end of a hard day's sunbathing!) which also doubles as a restaurant where the beach barbecue is highly recommended, good quality and great value!
If you're looking for that little bit extra from your dining experience, make a reservation at the Villa Estate Restaurant, Seven Sea's. The food is great, the view excellent and the atmosphere a lot quieter.
The pool area of the resort is great with ample loungers however if you're after a little peace and quite accompanied by a fantastic view, take the short ride up to the Villa Estate infinity pool,well worth the effort!
Something to be aware of when considering this hotel is that the resorts are built on a steep hillside and getting anywhere involves negotiating steps so this could be an issue for those with mobility issues!
The resort also provide a variety of packages on their website offering various deals on transfers, accomodation and spa treatments which would be worth considering prior to booking as we booked the Spa package which included a daily 2 hour massage each and a complimentary meal for two in the Seven Seas Restaurant which was excellent value!
All in all, a great relaxing experience in a lovely resort!!

Room tip: Bayfront deluxe rooms are in a great position in the treetops over looking the beach. Very spacious rooms with big balcony with great views. TOP TIP- join pimalai Loyalty program to get a free upgrade ( if available)
Date of stay: January 2012
2  Thank 728jor
Reviewed 27 September 2012

The low season is probably a very good time to stay at this hotel. It's quiet, service is attentive, the pools and the beach (kept very clean) are practically empty etc. And if you are lucky (we were) it doesn't rain at all.
The whole place is nicely kept and there is little to complain about. The food in the Western- and Thai restaurant(s) could be slightly better but that's a matter of taste. The hilltop location of the Western restaurant offers a wonderful view! I'd like to mention in particular the Spa which is in a very nice garden setting and offers great massages and beauty treatments.
All staff are very friendly and well-trained!
It's nice to arrive/depart by the hotel-boat which adds another special touch.

Date of stay: September 2012
1  Thank Fuzzyguy
Reviewed 20 September 2012

Super place for a long weekend. Great location with a private beach, 2 lovely infinity pools and carefully positioned villas. Food is lovely without being overly pretentious and just excellent service.
From the minute we landed everything was first class regarding service, transport, hotel and food.
We made the return by boat and it was an lovely boat trip with amazing side seeing.
The hotel is located far away from the city but rent a bike and you'll enjoy the island too.
As a tip, I always suggest you rent bike or plan a boat trip from the small village located 5' form the hotel. You'll get much better price.

Date of stay: May 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank DidierSt
Reviewed 14 September 2012

My wife and I were lucky enough to come here for our honeymoon. What an amazing beautiful place. If you are even considering going here, all I can say is do it. It gicve every aspect of this resort 5 stars. We were lucky enough to have a beach villa for half the stay and a private hillside villa for half, both amazing. The hilltop villa had was like having your own house and was hidden away so it felt secluded even though there were other villas all around. Private invinity pool and day beds and cars that picked you up to drive you back to reception. Amzing from start to finish. We will definately go back.

Date of stay: October 2011