“Great for families ”

Cuisines: Thai
London, United Kingdom
“Great for families ”
Reviewed 5 April 2014 via mobile

We stayed at the resort with two children aged 3 and 6 and the restaurant has good European and Thai food. It does a great breakfast with delicious smoothies, pancakes, Swedish bread, fruit and cooked food. They show a kids Swedish dubbed childrens film each night at 6.15pm, our English kids still loved it in a separate kind of kids area next to the restaurant so the grown ups can finish their meal or have a drink on their own. Sometimes they do an early kids buffet, then film and all the grown ups have a bit of a party. In the daytime there is often a volleyball game going on beside the restaurant which is fun to watch or you can take part. We don't drink alcohol much bug it looked like they did great cocktails. I also saw them cooking special pasta for a family staying at the resort who had kids with allergies so they are very helpful. There is a big boat kids can play in and buckets and spades left out for them.

“Ok food - lousy service”
Reviewed 1 January 2014 via mobile

Long story short; swedish food (even dishes like sea bass and chicken cashewnuts etc really taste 'swedish' amd tourist friendly). The service is completely none existing, really really bad even with lanta standards. I would not Recommend you to go here. There are many better restaurants. And as a swede myself I can pf course have swedish food anytime when I go home. Thao food on the other hand..

Adelaide, Australia
“Nice food, rubbish service”
Reviewed 12 February 2013

Hubby, our baby son and I went to Slow Down two nights ago, as we were walking along the beach front and saw that they had 2 for 1 on cocktails. We ordered 2 frozen margaritas and 2 caiprinias. 5 minutes later we decided that we would also eat there, so ordered dinner (we both had the swedish meatballs). 5 minutes after that, hubbys caiprinias arrived. No sign of my margaritas. After another 10 minutes I called the waitress over, thinking that perhaps there had been some confusion with our order or that they had forgotten my drinks. No, she assured me, they were coming. 15 minutes after this, our meal arrived. Still no sign of my drinks. I asked again where my drinks were. I was given an apology and told that there was a backlog of cocktails the bartenders were making. I don't understand how this was the case as there was only 2 other tables of 6 and another table of 2 in the bar, and most already had drinks!
After another 10 minutes, I finish my meal, and order 2 mojitos. The waitress tells me, no, drinks are coming, so I tell her I want to mojitos on top of the magaritas (as hubby had finished both of his and now we were drink less!). 10 minutes after that, the mojitos arrive. Still no margaritas. We finish our mojitos and are just about to call the waitress over to cancel the margaritas as we need to go to put our baby to bed and the drinks FINALLY turn up. One hour and 10 minutes after ordering them!

The food was delicious (if not overpriced) but we will never ever bother with this place again. It was not busy at all, and even if it was or if there was a problem, a decent waitress or manager will pre-warn a customer if there is likely to be a wait, not keep them waiting for over an hour for two simple drinks.

There are plenty of other places on Klong Dao beach which do delicious happy hour cocktails, don't bother with this place, unless you bring yourself a good book and settle in for a long wait for your drinks!

• Visited February 2013
2 Thank Samantha S
Lausanne, Switzerland
“Excellent atmosphere, good food and very family friendly”
Reviewed 17 January 2013

Slowdown is the best place to hang out and live at on the whole island! Whether its having lunch after a few hours of volley in the morning, sitting watching the sunset during happy hour drinking their famous strawberry margarita, or enjoying a wonderful meal in the nice atmosphere restaurant! Staff are very kind and helpful, a swedish restaurant manager and friendly thai waiters.
Slowdown's accommodation is also great, beautiful villa's and apartments for rent, both long and short stay! Make your you book in advance, fills up very fast!

• Visited December 2012
Jonkoping, Sweden
“excellent in every aspect!”
Reviewed 31 October 2012

Great food, great mood! If you get a chance, stay at one of their villas or apartments for a great time in koh lanta. Best place on the island!

Visited October 2012