Coco Lanta Resort
Lanta Sand Resort and Spa(Ko Lanta)(Great Value!)
US$52
US$37
Agoda.com
Pimalai Resort and Spa(Ko Lanta)
US$215
US$80
Hotels.com
US$96
US$88
Royal Lanta Resort and Spa(Ko Lanta)(Great Value!)
US$47
US$31
  • Breakfast included
SriLanta Resort(Ko Lanta)(Great Value!)
US$44
US$39
  • Breakfast included
Long Beach Chalet(Ko Lanta)(Great Value!)
US$42
US$34
US$94
US$77
Agoda.com
MOONLIGHT Exotic Bay Resort(Ko Lanta)(Great Value!)
US$47
US$32
Agoda.com
All reviewslow tidefreedom barnice poolklong khong beachthe main roadfamily roomyour luggageclean roomsair conmassage arealaid backoverlooking the beachrent a scooterbeach bara great place to stayate herebars and restaurants
Reviewed 27 April 2013

New resort with new bungalows and pool but staff not yet well trained. It does accept credit cards, it was a problem when we wanted to book tours and the food at the bar was simply terrible. Khong khlong beach has a lot of rocks and so I would not recommend it to anyone. Khlong Nin is much better!!! - get a hotel there!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Rupre
Reviewed 23 April 2013

I would give this a rating of 4.5

The location of the hotel can't be any better. It's only a couple minutes away from the elephant-attraction and located right by the beach.

The pool is located almost right by the beach. You can sit down there and enjoy the sunset while drinking a cocktail. I enjoyed the pool even more than the ocean, since the ocean is not really clean and the visibility was horrible.

The restaurant is pretty good as well. They offer thai and western food for dinner and breakfast. The service is average and not the best. Sometimes it takes them a little longer than usual and sometimes they take the plate even though you're still chewing on your last bite. The price of the food is probably average. I found it cheaper than lots of other places.

I believe they say that there's wifi all over the resort. I stayed in a room pretty close to the reception and therefore I had fast internet. I heard from other people though that they don't get internet in their rooms at all. You'll find a wifi hotspot by the pool/restaurant/beach area though.

They also offer different services such as scooter rentals (250 baht/24 hours), elephant riding trips and post cards. I find the scooter rental really helpful. I rented one for only half a day and paid a little less. It's a great way to explore the island.

If I go back to Kho Lanta I would definitely stay a Coco Lanta Resort again. It's not that expensive and an amazing resort!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 April 2013

The bungalows are small but are clean and tight for two but that makes it cosy. The pool is nice especially because the beach and water is not the best. The restaurant is good and so is the service.The staff is friendly and the spa is good.We stayed an extra two days here because of the atmosphere and the area.We would stay here again.

Room Tip: Great little Greek restaurant 15 minutes down the road.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 April 2013

When we arrived at Coco Lanta, we had a very pleasant welcome, room not quite ready, but not a problem. The bungalows themselves are clearly brand new, and tastefully done out. I wasn't sure what made them 'eco' but the notice on the wall in the bedroom explains that it is due to the size - which made me chuckle. I would have liked to have seen a water saving loo and shower, if it truly were ecological, but probably good for Thai standards. The rooms are actually nicer looking than the photos (I'll add some later), with an OK shower, but really very nice looking bathroom. The bedroom itself has patio doors, which is curious, and the air conditioning doesn't extend to the bathroom, but is fine. The beds are clearly not changed daily, nor are the towels, but I'm happy with that, in my one woman bid to try and save the environment. If they were grubby, they'd change them then.
I can't say I'd noticed that the garden was in any particularly poor state, so maybe they've progressed since the reviews I had previously read.
The thing that I found let the place down was the appaling service in the bar. Don't get me wrong, the food and drinks were fine (pricey for the area, but cheap by UK standards), but the staff were more interested in watching the football than serving customers. On several occasions, I had to go to the bar and get the menu myself, then go and order at the bar. I'm not a spoilt brat, but they're paid to come and wait on the tables. My mark for the service is overall to include the ladies on reception and the cleaning staff, but would be lower for the bar area.
Overall, it was a very pleasant place, and I would absolutely go back.

Room Tip: All looked the same to me, but lower numbers are nearer to the beach / bar.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 April 2013

We stayed in 6 different hotels all throughout Thailand. This hotel definitely had the BEST sea view and most refreshing pool. Staff at front desk very helpful agreed. Restaurant staff not so easy to communicate with in English. Major problem was the bugs in this small room. Granted the bed was quite comfortable. Our entire soap dish in the shower was COVERED by ANTS. There were spiders and Mosquitos in the bedroom part. The staff came in to fumigate the shower as they claimed it was not normal. We asked neighbors if they had bugs, which they replied they use hair spray to get rid of them. Again the ocean view and cool pool cannot be beat but I would never sleep here again.

Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends