“Good food”

Lym's Bar & Restaurant
Ranked #75 of 311 Restaurants in Ko Lanta
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Lym's is back and is even better than before.. Lym's is the best place to relax. Unwind along our 100meters of beachfront with swings, comfy hammocks, bamboo sofas, beanbags and more. We are nestled in the central part of long beach, with abundant nature of pine trees and uncrowded space. If you seek for a peaceful refuge on long beach, look no further. Enjoy our home cooked food, carefully prepared by the three mums who fondly overlook the restaurant. For those seeking a bit of liveliness, don't miss the live band and fire show here every Tuesday night from 8.30pm. Listen to the soulful melody blending with the soft calming of waves..
London, United Kingdom
“Good food”
Reviewed 30 March 2014

Nice location, but move that bloody great sign right on the beach. If you're sitting at the end tables it's all your going to see during your meal, but like I say, good food, well worth checking out.

• Visited March 2014

• Finnish first
Suffolk, England
“Our favourite!”
Reviewed 25 March 2014

Authentic Thai food in a wonderful beach setting. The two sisters who own this on-the-beach relaxed restaurant are so friendly and keen to help you understand and experience the lesser known dishes often handed down through generations. A truly delightful experience which we sampled at least 4 times on our 2 week holiday.

Visited March 2014
Northamtonshire
“Friendliest people and great food”
Reviewed 22 March 2014

We ate here a few times during our recent holiday and everything we ate was wonderful and freshly cooked. The '3 sisters' are all so friendly and spent time suggesting delicious things to eat and chatting with us. We hope to be back next year!

Visited January 2014
Bangkok, Thailand
“Not great to me”
Reviewed 16 March 2014 via mobile

I ate here for lunch with my boyfriend and a friend of ours and also for breakfast.
Breakfast was good, they gave you tea or coffee and a juice, some muesli or fruit with yoghurt as well as eggs bacon etc. Was only 150baht so quite good I think.
We were hanging out for the day on their lovely huts which are really relaxing I really enjoyed lying here.

We decided to get lunch instead of traipsing up the beach. The same dishes elsewhere were nicer for about a hundred baht cheaper.
Rice was a bit old I think and I found two tiny ants in it while I was eating. Bit late at that point though. My meal itself was a bit tasteless and my partner's garlic and pepper pork was all pepper. Maybe the other foods are better but we ate meals for 80 baht that far surpassed here. Certainly wouldnt come back on the basis of what we ate.
One thing I noticed on Koh lanta was the spice level was very mild. Living in Bangkok I quite like the spicier foods. Some places ask, this place didn't. Could be an idea for the future.

Winterthur, Switzerland
“Outstanding”
Reviewed 15 March 2014 via mobile

On this trip we've eaten (literally) at the best restaurants in Asia but for me, this place stood out above them all.
It's run by 3 Thai ladies ranging from 69-79 years. It's on the beach, a stones throw from our hotel the Layana. One lady, the name sake, lives part time in Birmingham so speaks fluent English. The menu contains some real gems, which we hadn't seen before including stuffed chicken wing (delicious) and rice cakes with a pork bolognese type ragu which we were told was an ancient Thai recipe that had gone out of fashion; I really think it should be brought back.
Mains were heavenly, spicy without blow your head off chilli. Everything we ate, and we ate way more than we should have, was delicious. Hopefully we can get a few more visits in before we leave.
Service was friendly attentive and efficient; these ladies could teach some of the bigger restaurants a thing or two about how it's done.

Visited March 2014