“Worth the hassle?”

Ranked #15 of 48 things to do in Ko Lanta
Reviewed 15 August 2013 via mobile

So off we went... We'd been told it was the Best of all beaches in Phuket: so quiet, private, awesome. So perfect, they'd even charge you a fee to get in. expectations were high...
It's quite a walk to reach it. Not that far, but steep. Downwards and manageable. And we made it: sweaty as if we'd already been in the water. So we get there, ready to dive in - and the place is utterly deserted. Empty. It looks as if everyone just up and left. And left loads of rubbish as well. Furthermore, the waves were high, undercurrent VERY strong, so the swimming was no good either.
And then we had the steep walk UP to get back. Beautiful views - but not worth the hassle.

There are newer reviews for Nui Beach (Haad Nui)

Reviewed 3 June 2013

I can't think of anything positive to write about this beach, but I can think of some negative impressions - rubbish

Reviewed 9 May 2013

What I loved about Nui Beach is there's nothing there! Just white sand and good swimming with jungle vegetation tumbling down from the cliffs. "Robinson's" beach bar is abandoned - as if from a film set about pirates and castaways. The sea is clean and clear here and where in other bays on Koh Lanta there may be rocks to spoil your swimming at Nui Bay that isn't a problem. I am pleased that it isn't very well signposted as this seems to keep geographically challenged visitors away. Essentially I had the whole beach to myself the afternoon I was there and felt like Robinson Crusoe for a while - but certainly with no need for a Man Friday! Or is that homophobic?

2  Thank Neil_in_Sheffield_UK
Reviewed 23 February 2013

There is a cute little shop that serves limited food and drinks. a cave, good snorkeling, private beach.

1  Thank Christine K
Reviewed 20 February 2013

Cool off, swim, people watch. Wish koh lanta had better snorkle beach but swimming was fantastic, clean,clear warm water

2  Thank lori r