“Delicious”
Review of The Lanta Tavern

The Lanta Tavern
Ranked #137 of 325 Restaurants in Ko Lanta
Price range: US$5 - US$12
Description: The Lanta Tavern is a Western and Thai food restaurant, we offer great food and service in the heart of Long Beach. You can enjoy a relaxing beer by our pool side or a comforting meal in our garden. We also have very cozy bungalows for rent on a nightly or monthly basis, for more information on pricing and availability please call the number listed.
Reviewed 27 November 2013 via mobile

If you wanna have a little break of thai food, you gonnna love it there! The fajitas are amazing :) the chef must have learned from a mexican!

Reviewed 15 October 2013

After a nightmare trip via minibus from Patong to visit a fried on Ko Lanta I had been totally 'kin noodled out' and told my mate this, he suggested a good rib place called 'the Tavern', well first night I was there they were closed! the following evening I had the half rack of ribs that came with fries and corn on the cob, plus I just had to try a couple of sausages as well! I must say that this was the best meal I have ever had in Thailand bar none, the sausages are real English type ones and NOT the cheap hotdog ones usually touted about on breakfasts,I insisted that we returned for breakfast and the following days eveing meal where I had 'lamb shank'(not rhyming slang)! mash and veg, Just wish Patong had a place like it instead of the ripoff places.

Reviewed 8 September 2013 via mobile

My boyfriend and I were recommended this place for excellent food and cheap priced accommodation (during low season). We stayed one night before leaving for Bangkok.

This place did not disappoint!
I would recommend the 'bangers and mash' as the owner makes his own sausages, which are a perfect cure when feeling homesick. Also the full English breakfast! The portions are very generous and overall the food is good (as we returned for a second meal).

The accommodation was great, all the facilites clean, but basic. Swimmingpool. Family + dog were lovely. Service could have been a little better. More smiles needed.

The location was good, near to a couple of bars, next door to a mini super market, approx 5 min drive to the animal welfare site and more bars.

Very dead in low season.

Overall a great experience and we would recommend to everyone!

Reviewed 26 August 2013

This is y favourite place for a morning meal: definitely the nicest full English breakfast I have found in Lanta so far. The sausages are really good (real big pub style sausages, not the thin wurst style ones you generally get here in Thailand..), the baked beans are also nice and the tomatoes are grilled properly. The ham seems to be of better quality compared with the one used some time back (that was almost tasteless), but I would prefer 2 rashes of crispy bacon, instead.
Another favourite dish of mine here is the half rack of BBQ pork ribs: really , really good and huge! (you need to be very hungry to finish it, or better share it with another person). I would say this restaurant prepare some really nice pub style food in generous portion at a reasonably cheap price.
The owners, especially the English man, could be a bit more entertaining with guests: I have been in this restaurant about 70-80 times in 2 years, but every time I see him, he just stays on his table with his beers and never come to say hi or exchange a quick chat. Mai pen rai, the (relatively) new young waitress has a cute smile to make it up, and I just enjoy my food and leave as soon as my plate is empty

Reviewed 25 July 2013

This restaurant was authentic and scrumptious. They make everything from scratch, from the sausage to the guacamole. We had the nachos to start and they were awesome. I expected that at the very least the salsa would be from a jar but it was so fresh and tasty. The potatoes were excellent and the breakfast is probable the best on ko lanta. Vey good food, incredible quality.