“Wholesome and hearty at the tavern”
Review of The Lanta Tavern

The Lanta Tavern
Ranked #139 of 317 Restaurants in Ko Lanta
Price range: US$5 - US$12
Description: The Lanta Tavern is a Western and Thai food restaurant, we offer great food and service in the heart of Long Beach. You can enjoy a relaxing beer by our pool side or a comforting meal in our garden. We also have very cozy bungalows for rent on a nightly or monthly basis, for more information on pricing and availability please call the number listed.
Reviewed 25 December 2013 via mobile

This restaurant serves up some really nice food so I'm glad I made the effort to find it in a tuk tuk.

The portions sizes are very large so skipping a starter might be worth doing if you don't eat a lot. I however can consume an incredible amount of food so I didn't have that problem.

I highly recommend the pork loin! The pork was cooked in a garlic, onion and peppercorn sauce, which was very tasty. It was also nice to have some proper boiled vegetables, missed my broccoli and carrots from my UK diet. It was also great to have mash potato again.

My GF ordered the chicken breast with ham, asparagus and cheese sauce. The chicken breast was enormous! When cutting into it the chicken was under done, but when we told the chef, he/she soon rectified the issue and the dish was given another blast in the frying pan. Don't let this put you off going there as these things can happen.

The appearance of the restaurant looked a bit plain but I got the impression they put more effort into the cooking than the aesthetics.

Would recommend a visit for sure.

There are newer reviews for The Lanta Tavern

Reviewed 29 November 2013

I really enjoyed my meal at the tavern, the food portions were large and the quality was amazing. The small dining room created an cozy feel without being crowded. One minor complaint would be on the portion of the fish options, which were a little small. Other than that it was a great time.

Reviewed 29 November 2013 via mobile

If you're tired of all the lovely Thai food and need a bit of a break, this is the place to go to. The portions are ginormous and the food'd delish too! The laid back atmosphere makes it perfect for a nice chat with friends, and even if it's 20 of you, they'll accommodate you:)
Get the rack if rib and garlic bread. So delicious! Yum yum yum!

Reviewed 27 November 2013 via mobile

If you wanna have a little break of thai food, you gonnna love it there! The fajitas are amazing :) the chef must have learned from a mexican!

Reviewed 15 October 2013

After a nightmare trip via minibus from Patong to visit a fried on Ko Lanta I had been totally 'kin noodled out' and told my mate this, he suggested a good rib place called 'the Tavern', well first night I was there they were closed! the following evening I had the half rack of ribs that came with fries and corn on the cob, plus I just had to try a couple of sausages as well! I must say that this was the best meal I have ever had in Thailand bar none, the sausages are real English type ones and NOT the cheap hotdog ones usually touted about on breakfasts,I insisted that we returned for breakfast and the following days eveing meal where I had 'lamb shank'(not rhyming slang)! mash and veg, Just wish Patong had a place like it instead of the ripoff places.