“Ko Lanta's hidden gem”

Ranked #9 of 337 Restaurants in Ko Lanta
Price range: US$2 - US$6
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Phad Thai Rock n Roll is a very unique place on the roadside in Ba kantiang. It's run by the bass player of Koh Phi Phi's signature "Made in Thailand" who will cook for you from 11 am- 9 pm
Reviewed 31 July 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed in Ko Lanta for about 4 nights and we ate here twice. The quality of the food is superb. The guy who cooks all the food cooks at the front of the restaurant so you can see how it's all lovely and fresh. You could really tell how passionate he is about his food too. One night I tried the pad thai which was absolutely delicious, I realise I sound very cliché but it really is the best pad thai I've had in Thailand (been exploring Thailand for coming up to 2 months now). The shakes they make are gorgeous too and full of so much flavour, not iced up to the maximum like so many other places. I tried the "berry blitz" and my boyfriend had "mango madness" which he also loved. The second night I had the egg noodles which were just as tasty!
Overall, I really could not recommend this place enough and for 70 baht a meal, it's at least worth a try!

1  Thank Beth W

Reviewed 29 July 2014 via mobile

They only have like 5 dishes, but they do them proper! The pad Thai and egg noodle dishes that we had, were some of the best dishes I have had since I have been here and I have eaten at some really tasty places. Really great food, sitting inside smelt little of wet dog, but that's my only negative! The good was awesome, would defo eat here again :)

Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

Lots of restaurants seem to close in low season but this was still open. It's really cool, quite small portions but really tasty. You must try their fruit smoothies, they are delicious! He was playing cool rock music in the background too which I liked, great atmosphere, will be back!!

1  Thank Pennina21
Reviewed 23 July 2014

This is a real gem. Fantastic food and very friendly staff. The chef is a former rock and roll player who cooks the best Phad Thai I have tasted. Not a vast menu but you don't need one. Plus they do the best fruit smoothies in Ko Lanta.

1  Thank Fiona L
Reviewed 15 July 2014

We were staying near this restaurant, and my husband fell in love with their Pad Thai... so we ended up eating there almost every day. I enjoyed the curry and coconut shakes. Fast and reasonably priced local food with a very friendly/cool chef. :)

1  Thank kokusai