“Beautifull and peaceful yoga - and great classes for kids!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Oasis Yoga

Oasis Yoga
Ranked #1 of 18 Spas & Wellness in Ko Lanta
More attraction details
Owner description: Located on Klong Dao beach in Koh Lanta, Thailand. Oasis yoga sits in a beautiful garden only 100 ft from the beach. With cool breezes from the sea and a "tree house" feeling in the Sala, Oasis Yoga is a perfect place to enjoy your practice.
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Beautifull and peaceful yoga - and great classes for kids!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014

Oasis yoga is a great place to follow some yoga classes. Farrah is a great teacher and the scenery is perfect with beautifull trees and ocean as your company. They offer different types of classes, so for everybody's wishes there is something. And everyday! Also we enjoyed the kids classes alot. My daughter Robin is still talking about it, and it's been a couple of months now since we were there. We still sing the sweet "my little light" song we learned there. My daughter is 4 and didn;t speak a lot of English, but it was great fun for her all the same. They have great smoothies and shakes and there is just a lovely vibe at the school. The ladies are real "warrior ladies", and I mean that in the most positive meaning possible :-): "I am strong" is still used between me and my daughter. If you are in the neighbourhood you can't miss taking at least one class (or your kids) and take a massage somewhere nearby afterwards, and then chill out with a good shake or juice from Kate. Loved it! All the best to you ladies! Namaste

Visited February 2014
1 Thank R0bijn
Kate H, Owner at Oasis Yoga, responded to this review, 14 August 2014
I can honestly say that "warrior women" is one of the best compliments of my life!!! I so truly believe Yoga can be a perfect practice for everyone and while I enjoy teaching all kinds, one of my favorite things in the world is trying to empower young girls. Robin is strong and absolutely adorable as well. She is a little treasure, thanks for sharing her "little light" with us! Think of you often and fondly. Thank you so much for the amazing review and hope to see you again someday. Health and Happiness.

Vienna, Austria
“Nice Island, nice place, nice people”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2014

Beside the fact that koh lanta is one of my favourite islands in thailand the oasis yoga shala is one of my favourites as well.I enjoyed the classes with kate and the tea after.

Visited November 2013
Kate H, Owner at Oasis Yoga, responded to this review, 14 August 2014
Thanks for the kind review. Koh Lanta truly is an amazing island! Tea is always on and waiting for your return :) Until then, Health and Happiness to you!
London
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“very friendly small shala”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2014

nice centre and friendly people with a nice juice heatly bar.
good luck with your exensions plans!!!

Visited April 2014
1 Thank Stefano N
Kate H, Manager at Oasis Yoga, responded to this review, 14 August 2014
Thanks for the review! The expansion is complete and we are back in action. The shala is still small and personable, as it will always be, but the extra room should be nice for everyone when high season comes around again. Hope you can come back and check it out someday. Health and Happiness.
Manchester
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“The perfect yoga studio”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2014

I absolutely loved the classes here and went almost every day for a month. They take place in a stilted wooden treehouse in a lush tropical garden with the sea in front and the jungle covered mountains behind. The sounds of the waves, chirping birds, and rustling bamboo helped calm my mind and hold the most difficult poses, and I always came away ultra relaxed.

Farra is originally from Oklahoma and has a wonderful soothing voice and positive attitude. She's down to earth and encouraging, giving you the option of more challenging poses but reminding you to listen to your body and takes breaks if you need to.

There are usually a couple of classes a day, more in the high season. Sunset Stretch is a gentle hatha class suitable for beginners; the Flow class is more energetic but Farra gives options for different ability levels; Mona's power yoga class is a definite challenge but fun; and her Yin class is very gentle with deep stretches that you hold for 3-5 minutes—it's as much about calming the mind and being still as it is about stretching. It was my first Yin class and I found it really helped my hips which were stiff from running.

They are closed in May and June 2014 but reopen in July. Highly recommended whether you are new to yoga or an experienced yogi.

Visited April 2014
1 Thank ErinZita
Kate H, Manager at Oasis Yoga, responded to this review, 14 August 2014
Wow! Thanks so much for the awesome review Erin! It was a treat having you around and I hope you are keeping up with your practice on the road. Wishing you guys continued safety and loads of fun on your onward travels. Hope to see you back on the island someday! Health and Happiness.
Stockholm, Sweden
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Fantastic yoga”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2014

I really enjoyed the yoga classes at Oasis. The teacher was excellent and the practice was easily adapted to suit both beginners and experience yoga practitioners.

Visited November 2013
1 Thank Semlan10
Kate H, Owner at Oasis Yoga, responded to this review, 14 August 2014
Thanks for the review. We do try our very best to make it accessible for everyone. So pleased you thought so! Health and Happiness.