“Good food, great staff, good music, sports on TV, right on the beach”

Travel So Far Bar and Grill
Ranked #172 of 293 Restaurants in Ko Lanta
Cuisines: European, Thai
Aonang, Krabi
“Good food, great staff, good music, sports on TV, right on the beach”
Reviewed 20 February 2014

Travel So Far Beach Bar and Restaurant is in the middle of Klong Khong Beach, look for the surf board sign if approaching from the beach, sign on the main road also. Best Thai food I have had in a long time, burgers and pizzas great also. Very friendly and good fun owner Meow and staff looked after me so well. Suggested activities, booked tickets for me and organised a rental motorbike, nothing too mush trouble. Monday nights they have a great DJ for their party night, a lot of fun!

I will always return!!

• Visited February 2014

• Korean first
  • Thai first
Ko Lanta, Thailand
“We love Travel So Far Bar”
Reviewed 22 January 2014

This is a great spot on Klong Khong Beach. Meow is a great hostess - lots of fun and laughs. Also a great cook! Everything we have eaten Thai and Western has been great. We were there on Monday night for the DJ party and it was lots of fun. She told us she has a DJ each Monday. I wish we were staying longer so we could go back for another party night. The DJ was fabulous and kept everyone dancing. I also liked the free pool table - and that you can just hang around and play pool and have a drink. Great vibe in this place.

• Visited January 2014
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great food and atmosphere”
Reviewed 31 October 2013 via mobile

We ve been here two times now for dinner and both times have been great. The foods fantastic and the menu short and clear. Service is always friendly, I love the light shades in this place that were hand made by the owner, they create a really cool atmosphere. will definitely be back again!

Visited October 2013
Amphoe Muang Chiang Mai, Chiang Mai, Thailand
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Extremely loud parties Friday nights!”
Reviewed 25 October 2013

Stayed in the resort next door and could not sleep before 4 a.m. A request to turn down the volume was met with an unfriendly "You're not my boss.". Legal closing time in Thailand is 2 a.m.

• Visited October 2013
Meow_TravelSoFar, Owner at Travel So Far Bar and Grill, responded to this review, 10 May 2014
I find it strange that you have wrote a review for our bar when you weren't even a customer. It would have been fairer if you wrote a review for the resort you stayed at and complained about the noisy bar next door where over a hundred people were enjoying themselves past your bed time.

Just to warn you that our parties have now moved to Mondays in case you come back to Klong Khong soon.

Meow
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Brilliant!!”
Reviewed 4 May 2013

Great bar, great people, great food, great fun!! My favourite place in Thailand, had some of the best nights of my life in this place, so much fun in there :D Meow is such a great laugh and an awesome cook also, check it out you wont be sorry!

• Visited December 2012