“Go for the accommodation, stay for the life changing experience”
Review of Lanta Clayzy House

Lanta Clayzy House
Ranked #51 of 215 Speciality Lodging in Ko Lanta
Banff, Canada
“Go for the accommodation, stay for the life changing experience”
Reviewed 30 July 2013

Clayzy House is not just a unique experience, but it is truly a home away from home, a place where everyone is made to feel welcome and where everyday is a unique adventure.

Created out of clay, this unique accommodation is situated very close (100m) from the beach, and consists of dorm and single rooms. With animals, a cozy and chill atmosphere, and community activities, there is no other place in the world where I would rather spend my time. After all these great things, the best is probably the owner himself. Neng makes you feel at home and welcome from day one, doing everything in his power to make your stay as exciting as possible. He does everything possible to make sure everyone feels included in the group, constantly arranges unique excursions and parties to make sure everyone has the best time possible.

He is hands down the funniest, friendliest and funnest person I have ever met and I can not think of a better host. I will not only recommend this place to my friends, but I will do everything in my power to one day return to this little peace of heaven.

Thanks for all the good times.
Peace, love and happiness

• Stayed February 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank cuanjooste

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
  • Thai first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 July 2013

Clayzy House is a truly special place to stay! If you are looking for a chilled out, quirky environment to meet chilled out and quirky travellers then this is the place on Lanta for you! Neng (the owner) is great fun and a Lanta expert! Always happy to help you with everything from renting bikes to finding the best food in the island. The atmosphere at Clayzy is very friendly, guests soon become friends and enjoy spending time in the communal areas of the bar and hammock hang-out. Only 2 minutes from the beautiful Long Beach, this is the perfect place to stay for a sociable solo traveller looking for somewhere to chill out and enjoy the beauty of Lanta and meet like-minded people.

Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank AmKaMi123
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Reviewed 22 July 2013

I spent my last vacation in Clayzy House, and I want to go back. I went in low season, and in my opinion, was the best choice, because it was sunny, and full of green and pleasant temperature
It is a wonderful place, surrounded by nature, just a few meters from the most beautiful beach I've ever seen, and best of all, Neng Neng, the owner, has made me laugh, and feel comfortable and relaxed all the time.
I recommend it to all people who want to holiday in place full of friends, because that's what I've taken from Clayzy House.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Paulamv
Reviewed 22 July 2013

We came to Koh Lanta to stay one or two nights and got stuck in Claysy house for ten! Our trip lasted tree months and this was absolutely the coziest place we stayed in.
The facilities are very simple- just the nesseceries: Roof, mosquito nets, fans, shower, TV, WiFi, chickens and hammocks, all built in scrapmaterials and clay (witch is absolutely beautiful!) and due to that the price is really freakkin low! The location, just next to long beach but in the middle of the island- just a bike ride away from everything, is perfect! And there is a supermarket a couple of meters away wich makes everything easier.
The great thing about clayzy is the super friendly, chilled out environment. We were family from the first night there and just couldn't leave. The owner- a little monkey called Neng-Neng is the funniest ever and always has a fridge full of beer and an open heart.
This is the heaven of relaxing and chilling but Neng-Neng also organizes all kinds of trips and activities for the family to enjoy and every night we all went down to the beach (just a 100 m away) to look at the sunset and fire shows.
Koh Lanta is a really cool place with a lot to explore and Neng helped us with everything! Its one of the few places we've been were you don't have to choose between an active stay and a
(c)lazy stay- we chilled and went on adventures 50/50.
Koh Lanta was our best stop thanks to Neng and Clayzy and I definitely recommend it! I miss it like crazy and will most certainly be back so see you there!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank FreyjaBertelsen
Kodiak Island, Alaska
Reviewed 21 July 2013 via mobile

Absolutely love Clayzy House! This place has so much character- Neng (the owner) is so goofy and fun!! There is always something going on here, great place to chill out at night and they have awesome breakfast! Clayzy House is sooo inexpensive I could not believe it, it's literally a few hundred yards to the beach if that! I have stayed here twice, and I will be back with friends in October! Last time we stayed my friend left her wallet on the table and we were in a bus to the ferry to head to another island, Neng chased us down on his motorbike a few miles away before she even realized it was gone! Can't wait to see everyone again this fall.

Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Green B
Leicester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 July 2013

A spectacular paradise on the justly famous Long Beach.
Nikki and Neng are wonderfully good at the hosting business. They make you so welcome. I still feel part of the family. Nothing is too much trouble for them to get anything you might need to make your stay successful and hugely enjoyable.

Just email or facebook and you'll be met at the port on arrival and whisked away to the house and beach in the coolest tuc tuc you ever did see. Loved every minute.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank roger186334
Brighton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 July 2013

the clayzy house is a great place to stay really chilled out and very friendly if you just want to relax this is the place.i really had a good time there they have there own bar there its made from clay so are the benches and table with a nice platform were you can relax and have a drink play card games,read a book or chat with the other travels.just only a minutes walk from the beach its a great location.the name of the beach is called long beach and it is very long.I was planning on only staying a week but i ended up staying two and an a half weeks i had to because my visa was running out but i would have loved to stayed longer.even in low season there were still travels staying there i did not think there would be being low season but there was. i will be going back there next time iam in Thailand

Room Tip: the room i stayed in was called papaya properly the best room