“Great Experience!”

Ranked #50 of 210 Speciality Lodging in Ko Lanta
Vancouver, Canada
“Great Experience!”
Reviewed 12 September 2013

Lovely atmosphere, everybody is very friendly and inviting.Tourist gather as if we were all once friends. And the owner Neng is an amazing person. I would definitely come back because of how much he made it like home even though I was ways away. Overall my time here was unforgettable.
- Charlene

Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank charlene l

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
  • Thai first
Toulouse, France
Reviewed 2 September 2013

So honestly if you choose to go to Koh Lanta for visiting the Island, I will strongly recommend you to go spend few nights or more at the Clazy house. Your host Neng Neng is the best person you can hope to host you there and to show you the place around. Is house is always full of happy travelers who come just to chill out or help as a volunteers and everyone is friendly and care about each other. Actually if you want to know the true mining of sharing and caring you are welcome anytime, in all seasons... The Clazy house is also located at the best spot on the Island, a minute away from the nicest beach on the island near the town for the market and all the facility’s you want are around the place. Enjoy and do not miss it!!!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank Dany M
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 22 August 2013

One of the most memorable experiences of my life was the day I booked in at the Clayzy House. less than 100 meters from the beach and the whole place is a Clay, tropical heaven. More a community than just a place to stay. Neng the Owner and creator and now a good friend, opened not only his doors but his heart and invites everyone in to relax and be a part of the whole Experience - I stayed for three weeks and when I wanted to help out and help build, or garden or do stuff - I was always welcomed to enjoy. The facilities are sufficient, low budget and great location - Thanks Neng. Looking forward to returning next year

• Stayed January 2013, travelled solo
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 20 August 2013

I travelled to Koh Lanta on my own, and I wasn't expecting too much from the island. My initial plan was to stay 1 week in Lanta and travel on from there, but after staying at Clayzy House, I ended up staying for 3 weeks! Neng is an AMAZING host and the atmosphere was so diverse because of the volunteers from all over the world. We were treated as family, and each and every day we did something new and exciting/relaxing - depending on our moods. The hostel was at an IDEAL location (only a few minutes -100m- away from the best beach in Koh Lanta!) and close to various restaurants, convenience stores and lounges. I would go back in a heartbeat, and I will as soon as I get time off again! ==

Despite Koh Lanta being one of the quieter islands, you can be sure you will never have a dull moment if you stay at Lanta Clayzy house.

And did I mention what a great cook he is?

- Victoria

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank Victoria A
Banff, Canada
Reviewed 30 July 2013

Clayzy House is not just a unique experience, but it is truly a home away from home, a place where everyone is made to feel welcome and where everyday is a unique adventure.

Created out of clay, this unique accommodation is situated very close (100m) from the beach, and consists of dorm and single rooms. With animals, a cozy and chill atmosphere, and community activities, there is no other place in the world where I would rather spend my time. After all these great things, the best is probably the owner himself. Neng makes you feel at home and welcome from day one, doing everything in his power to make your stay as exciting as possible. He does everything possible to make sure everyone feels included in the group, constantly arranges unique excursions and parties to make sure everyone has the best time possible.

He is hands down the funniest, friendliest and funnest person I have ever met and I can not think of a better host. I will not only recommend this place to my friends, but I will do everything in my power to one day return to this little peace of heaven.

Thanks for all the good times.
Peace, love and happiness

• Stayed February 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank cuanjooste
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 July 2013

Clayzy House is a truly special place to stay! If you are looking for a chilled out, quirky environment to meet chilled out and quirky travellers then this is the place on Lanta for you! Neng (the owner) is great fun and a Lanta expert! Always happy to help you with everything from renting bikes to finding the best food in the island. The atmosphere at Clayzy is very friendly, guests soon become friends and enjoy spending time in the communal areas of the bar and hammock hang-out. Only 2 minutes from the beautiful Long Beach, this is the perfect place to stay for a sociable solo traveller looking for somewhere to chill out and enjoy the beauty of Lanta and meet like-minded people.

Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank AmKaMi123
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Reviewed 22 July 2013

I spent my last vacation in Clayzy House, and I want to go back. I went in low season, and in my opinion, was the best choice, because it was sunny, and full of green and pleasant temperature
It is a wonderful place, surrounded by nature, just a few meters from the most beautiful beach I've ever seen, and best of all, Neng Neng, the owner, has made me laugh, and feel comfortable and relaxed all the time.
I recommend it to all people who want to holiday in place full of friends, because that's what I've taken from Clayzy House.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends