1,675 results
All reviews tides restaurant garden pavilion pillow menu sands bar sunken bath sundowner cruise coco loco operations manager krabi airport beach suite our honeymoon cold towels fruit kebabs pool staff ice cold water low season flower garlands
Reviewed 26 November 2007

An absolute gem.

My friend and I were pack packing in Thailand. We needed a bit of pampering and checked in. We never for one second regretted it.

We were collected and drove to the hotel. Greeted with flower garlands and many smiles. A super easy check in. We were given a garden suite – which are gorgeous. Everything you could possibly want. Comfy beds, soft top quality bed linen and all mod cons.

The spa and treatments were AMAZING. The staff were outstanding. They did absolutely everything to make you feel special. The treatments were excellent value for money. The refreshments were offered at the right times and always the right quantity.

The food was perfect. The atmosphere, ambience, friendly staff, Cleanliness everything about this resort oozes style, sophistication but friendly, nice and relaxing.

You never feel out of place, they can not do enough to please you. It is not snooty like many world class resorts.

The beach is nice, but nothing spectacular. This due to the actual beach and nothing to do with the hotel. The entire beach is yellowish sand not pure white. But with a swimming pool so perfect, the beach feels less important.

Everything about the hotel and spa is perfect… I long to go back

• Stayed: July 2007, travelled with friends
3  Thank Missspa
Reviewed 16 November 2007

I chose this resort after researching it through tripadvisor and was not dissapointed. This place is paradise. When you have trouble finding negative comments about a place, ( even when the English are praising it ) I thought this must be a good place. Our time here went so quickly, 5 nights of pure bliss. Food was above average, great daily activities planned and the pool was sensational. We tried swimming in the ocean once but my wife was stung by some massive jellyfish ( dead one ) so we stuck to the pool... I cannot fault this place at all, Excellent service and the rooms wre made twice a day, this is a true 5 star resort. Say G'day to Sakadan behind the bar, he makes a mean cocktail !! Book this place, it is worth the distance to travel to..
We stayed in the Garden Villa and are pleased, even though the Beach Front would be amazing they are closer to the pool and bar... not that there was ever much noise. ( Except for one night we got together with a couple of Germans, Danes and Swiss and hit the Chang beer pretty hard ! )
I tried to put on pics but the size opn the site are to limited.

• Stayed: November 2007
2  Thank Josh D
Reviewed 11 November 2007

My husband and I stayed here in October, the weather was really good a couple of overcast days and one heavy storm one afternoon,this did not bother us at all ,we went to the spa it was so relaxing and the staff there were so lovely.This hotel is simply wonderful we only ate out once as the food in the resturant was so good,Felix the chef and his team really know how to cook,and every thing we beautifully presented and prices are much better than the UK.our room 1037 was so lovely ,the bed so comfortable, the bathroom and shower briliant,every thing you would need was there tea ,coffee ,bar and toiletries super.What makes the Layana stand out is the staff ,everyone of them are the friendliest we have ever met in Thailand and we have been many times before,nothing is to much trouble for them and everything is done with that beautiful thai smile.Saladan town is fine for a bit of shopping and if you want to eat out there are many seafood resturants there.we went on the sunset cruise with Daniel and his team it was a lovely couple of hours with lovely food and drinks and we saw alot of monkeys can really reccomend that trip,we also went to phi phi with a super couple we met,a lovely day hello Shell and Todor.now back to the beautiful Layana if you want a peaceful holiday look no more,this is the place to come you will not regret it .do not be put off with the journey ours went very smoothly.from the time we arrived till the time sadly we left we knew we had found our little piece of heaven,with new friends we made Katie, Chis ,Jason ,Tracy ,Sabine , Stefan and Becky and Steve hope you got that rock on your finger Becky.So thank you everyone sorry we did not meet Bob and Margie, but Michael and Daniel looked after us so well. this place is credit to you do not change a thing its just perfect.One last thing keep our room empty as we are coming back love and thanks to you all and happy "2008 ,sawadee from Sally and Clive

• Stayed: October 2007, travelled as a couple
4  Thank salcli
Reviewed 10 November 2007

My wife and myself stayed at the Layana resort for 5 days in late September, and it was the highlight of the trip. It is one of the best hotels in which I have ever stayed. It is 5-star in all respects. While the hotel and room facilities are excellent, the catering is of a very high standard and the hotel is directly on a beautiful, unspoiled beach, the most memorable aspect of our experience here the quality of service and friendliness of the staff. I would recommend it to anyone seeking a relaxing break.

• Stayed: September 2007, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Paddy G
Reviewed 5 November 2007

My wife and I spent the second week of our honeymoon at Layana at the end of June this summer. Whilst the weather was distinctly changeable, the quality of the resort remained excellent. We arrived by seaplane from Phuket (25 mins and a really good way to save a day on a two resort holiday) to be greeted at the jetty by Bob & Margie, the wonderful owners. Having booked a garden room, we negotiated an upgrade to one of the suites by the pool and stayed in perhaps the best hotel room I've encountered- double outdoor shower, upstairs day-bed. The best thing about this resort is the attention to detail and the feeling that nothing is too much trouble. For example, on the last night, Michael (F&B manager), arranged a candle-lit table on the beach for sunset and dinner. Furthermore, the chef accommodated our request for a seafood dish not on the menu. Thank you for making our honeymoon as memorable as it could have been.

• Stayed: June 2007, travelled as a couple