“Nice resort”

Royal Lanta Resort and Spa
Ranked #41 of 85 Hotels in Ko Lanta
Reviewed 15 November 2013

We stayed 10 days with our small children at the end of october and we really enjoyed our stay. The resort was very nice and comfortable, location was great at the beach, staff was friendly and breakfast very tasty. The resort itself was in my opinion a little bit in a need of renovation which was seen in many details (for example broken sun-beds and shades or boards on which you walk). The spa was also very nice and the prices reasonable. The room prices during low season were also very affordable, but I think that during high-season it would be a little too much compared to the quality of the hotel. Rooms were cleaned well, bottled water was bringed everyday to the room, but the beds were a little too hard. All in all we enjoyed our stay!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank jmjm_22
222moo3, ผู้จัดการ at Royal Lanta Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 19 November 2013

Thank you very much for this helpful review and I am very pleased that you liked our resort and its great location and staff. I am glad you liked our Thai food corner at breakfast. We always provide a good rotation breakfast buffet for our guests who stay at the average of 10 days. We operate the Coral Leaf Spa by ourselves and offer various treatment at reasonable prices. We always offer great deals during May to October.

I will review your feedback with our management team so that we can improve the areas you found unsatisfactory.

We hope to see you again next visit to Koh Lanta.

Reviewed 12 November 2013

This was the third hotel we stayed at during our week in Koh Lanta.  The first two were sold out while we were there.  However, I think we were one of only a handful of people staying at this resort.  The rooms and the grounds are lovely, though some areas are showing small signs of neglect, for example, some of the lettering on various outdoor signage has fallen off and not been replaced.  Nothing major, just little things that are easy to fix but haven't been, which I think conveys something about a place.

The hotel was very quiet due to its level of desertedness. (This is not necessarily a bad thing as we slept very well and typically had the pool to ourselves!).  One other thing we noticed was that there were plenty of staff around - working the front desk, cleaning, groundskeepers, preparing breakfast - but none of them seemed proactive in trying to interact with us.  For example, we'd walk by the front desk and no one would look up or make eye contact, let alone say hello.  They were totally accommodating if we initiated the conversation, but they all just seemed a bit reclusive.  Just a bit weird to us after the opposite experience at other places.

On the other hand, our room was very nice and comfortable. Technically you have to be in public areras to access the free wifi, but we got a pretty good signal in our room. The breakfast was good with a lot of choice.

Overall I can't really fault the property, the location, or the rooms, but I think the place just needs a bit of life injected back into it.  That's something only the staff there everyday can really do.

Still a fine choice for a place to catch some quality shut eye at the end of a long day of fun in Koh Lanta! If the price is right, I think it's a very pretty place to stay.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank CBEB1
222moo3, ผู้จัดการ at Royal Lanta Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 18 November 2013

Thank you for your positive and negative review in Trip Advisor.

I have already reviewed your feedback with our management team so that we can improve the areas you found unsatisfactory. We hope that you will come to visit us again in the near future, and be pleased with your stay.

Reviewed 10 November 2013

stayed at Royal Lanta for three nights, end of October, so slightly out of season and we got an excellent rate,. The opinon on any hotel is going to be based to a large extent on wether it was considered value for money..and for us this certainly was. The bungalow wasnt perfect,.large .nice shower room..a little bit dark .. but oh boy..the location! we walked the whole beach and Royal Lanta seemed to have the best frontage. Sitting by the infinity pool looking straight across and out to the beach and sea...fabulous. The staff were lovely and helpful...except for the ,'bakery' where the staff burst into laughter when I asked for an ice cream(which was advertised on a board outside) All there was in the bakery was two pieces of cake...which were there the following day, too..very strange! Discovered a second swimming pool near reception which was equally nice..lovely and clean ..it really was like something out of a film set. Breakfast was good..a huge choice and again...I wouldve been happy with bread and butter because of the view... sitting on the verenda having coffee and looking out to sea was comparable to any five star hotel. Lovely.

Room Tip: we stayed in one of only two bungalow which actually overlooked the sea Others were on the boardwal...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
222moo3, ผู้จัดการ at Royal Lanta Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 12 November 2013

Thank you for the wealth recommendation and information that you have shared in Trip Advisor with others.

I am so pleased that you found that we are the resort value for money. We always offer great deals during May to October. Our convenience to everything along 3 kilometer sandy beach, main town in a walking distance, tours and the mainland, makes us popular with guests. Our two pools; one is by the beach and another one is at the back of the resort which is more quiet to relax. I am glad you liked your breakfast with the view. We always provide a good rotation breakfast buffet for our guests who stay at the average of 10 days. Our rooms are spacious as you mentioned every room has balcony or veranda at the front to sit and relax.

Thank you again for your comment about lighting in the room. We have already made trial of replacing bulbs with 4 LED type in the room which will make it brighter but still cozy and we will do this project soonest. We hope you will feel the difference when you visit us next time.

Looking forward to your next stay with us.

Reviewed 10 November 2013

We stayed in royal lanta for 10 days. There is two swimming pools and great beach, so out kids loved the place. Saladan "city" is close, about 1,5km, and it is quite cheap to get there with tuktuk taxi (about 2-3 euros)
Resort is little bit out of date, but still very nice. We visited resort in the end of low season and staff was cleaning and fixing the place all the time..
The beach in front of resort is the best in Koh Lanta, great restaurants and bars. Of course, if you want really quiet beach, this is not the one.

Room Tip: Take room next to restaurant or reseption. Wifi is available only there..
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
222moo3, ผู้จัดการ at Royal Lanta Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 11 November 2013

Thank you so much for this review and I am very pleased that you liked our resort and its great location on one of the main beaches of Koh Lanta, which still remains a great place to get away from it all. Our resort is built in Thai style set among the trees giving tropical atmosphere.

Everything, including many great restaurant and bars and Saladan town itself, are all within a small distance for you to reach by Tuk Tuk at nominal fare.

For families : Our bunk bed for 2 children in the family room are very popular. Our pool by the beach is always filled up with children during school holidays but another one is at the back of the resort which is more quiet to relax.

We are looking forward to see you again.

Reviewed 8 November 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for 3 nights. I think the place is great fir families with kids and not necessarily fir couples on honeymoon...they have many rooms in the hotel so it can feel a bit crowded at times for a couple on thier honeymoon. On our first night we didn't have hot water in the shower. We told the staff abd they said that if someone next dior showers at the same time this could happen and that they will address the problem the next day. I though it wasn't a very reasonable answer to a 3 star resort, I think they can invest in private water heaters. The next day we had the same problem and were moved a room. The breakfast was great. Very good location, watch the sunset every evening, they are amazing. On the beach, if you go to the left for a while you reach a spa called 'Kum' - get a massage there! It's a bit of a bummer that there is no Internet in the living area but this can also be a positive thing.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you very much for your kind review.

I have asked my maintenance crew to review the standard of your room, as I am disappointed by your review of the room regarding hot water.
Our location is really great being at the heart of this 3 kilometre sandy beach, with Saladan town within walking distance.

I am glad you liked our breakfast. We always provide a good rotation breakfast buffet for our guests even low season. We use 10 Mbps leased line for our Wife connection covering lobby, pools, restaurants and beach area but not in the guest rooms.

Looking forward to see you again.

Reviewed 6 November 2013

Second time at royal lanta. Stayed in premium deluxe villa - lovely big villa plenty of room and storage. Nice wet room shower. Close to pool. Villa very quiet couldn't hear much noise. Nice swimming pools especially top pool which is bigger with not so many kids, pool near sea attracted children with lilos and pool not big enough for this, but you have other options to get away from children. Sun beds overlooking sea with really nice view. Hotel in good position within walking distance of saladan with it's many restaurants. Bars and restaurants cheaper on main road than on beach by with some typical thai restaurants. Would highly recommend Sawasdee on mains road to the right of resort excellent food and cheap. Breakfast only average and breakfast staff not too friendly! Don't use taxis outside resort cheaper to flag one off the road and should only pay up to 25baht per person to saladan. For bike/car/taxi there is a place on the left hand side 100 yards from resort very good price - nice man who you can haggle with. Maid service not the best. Will definitely return.

Room Tip: Premium deluxe room definitely best room (room no 1118 has no villas in front so nice view.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank kreeve
222moo3, ผู้จัดการ at Royal Lanta Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2013

Welcome back!

Thank you for your Trip Advisor review, we are very glad to hear you enjoyed your stay in your Premium Deluxe room and appreciate the time you have taken to praise our Resort.

Our rooms are spacious and furnished with a real teak wood furniture and every room has balcony or veranda at the front to sit and relax. Our two pools; one is by the beach and another one is at the back of the resort which is more quiet to relax and that is your favourable one.

WhiIst our restaurant offers a wide selection of foods from around the world, there are many and various restaurants around Klong Dao beach and Saladan town all within a small walking distance for you to try including the Sawasdee restaurant situated in our Klong Dao area.

Congratulation to the Tuk Tuk man who have ridden you around town.

We are really looking forward to greeting you again with a “Welcome Back”

Reviewed 17 October 2013

My friend and I ( total 5 PAX) I stayed at Royal Lanta Resort & Spa on 25 - 26 SEP 13 and would say it's more than expectation.

I learn from previous reviews that resort is quite bit old and room need maintenance and refurbish. So, I reduce my expect a lot and we just need a good hotel on beach.

Once we arrive the hotel, we were guided to the room which we book superior with detail of ABF time and available facilities. Our room ( 1129 and 1130) is spacious , big space with nice teak wood furniture. Room has high ceiling with mosquito net. Bath room is big enough with basic .3.5 Star amenities provided.

For my opinion, room is really run down. Our bed sheet has well spot , air con in my room makes the wooden floor are wet. the net in the room are dirty and and the wooden walk way throughout the resort are broken as well as at night time resort is saving the earth by not provide enough light on pathway. Anyway, even room is old but clean.

But OUTSIDE is BETTER than INSIDE , location is perfect. Nice and wide beach with soft sand. Overlooking the sunset in klong Dao beach where is not far from Saladan Town. Seven Eleven, restaurant, and shops are located 5 minutes by walk from resort.. They have nice restaurant next to hotel on beach as well.

Hotel has 02 swimming pools , plenty of sun chair which I would say could enough even peak season for every one.

Breakfast was OK with choices of bread and items, taste was OK, service is not up to standard which I guest the people lack of professional, but attentive and willing to help.

Overall, I would give the 3 out of 5 , but why I give 4 out of 5 , I would say for their incredible price.

I am looking forward to stay at Royal Lanta again and hope the thing will be maintain back to be ROYAL again

Room Tip: Book a Superior Room was OK
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends

Thank you for your review.

I am pleased you found that we are great value which is, of course, our aim.