“Browns from South Africa”
Review of Twin Bay Resort

Twin Bay Resort
Ranked #18 of 84 Hotels in Ko Lanta
Boksburg, South Africa
“Browns from South Africa”
Reviewed 31 August 2014

We had a very happy 12 days at the resort.Our bungalow was clean,comfortable and afforded a spectacular panoramic view of the beach. We were there out of season which meant it was quiet which suited us. The pool is fabulous and staff were friendly and very helpful. Thanks to John and all concerned. We will certainly return for another visit.

Room Tip: Front bungalows are really super!
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank jeni_viv_brown
JDeeKohLanta, General Manager at Twin Bay Resort, responded to this review, 31 August 2014
Dear Valued Guests

A delight as always to receive reviews such as yours. I remember your stay with us and yes it was quiet during the off season. The location wins the day again. The beachfront suite does afford a truly beautiful wake up sight with the beach at your foot steps. Glad the staff got a mention, come rain or shine they always keep a smile on their face.

I do look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future

gm@twinbaylanta.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Thai first
Vientiane, Vientiane, Laos
Reviewed 24 August 2014

Twin Bay Resort is a great place to stay, it has very beautiful beach views, the room is comfortable and super clean, I can say. They also have very very nice pool which is my favorite facility there, the foods in their restaurant are delicious, I love it. Staff and the manager are friendly and helpful, I felt like I am a part of there family when they gave me the information about the tour, places to eat and to have fun (Bars.....)

I really love this place every morning that I got up I walked on the beach I felt like I am in heaven. My 10 days there were very relaxing. I recharged full energy to go back to my busy life again.

If you are looking for a place to break your busy life I recommend you come to this place.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
JDeeKohLanta, General Manager at Twin Bay Resort, responded to this review, 26 August 2014
Dear Valued Guests

Many thanks for taking your time to review your stay with us. I am so glad you didn't find ants on the beach like the last reviewer. I think your review sums up Twin Bay in true light. Location wins the day followed a close second by the friendly and helpful staff. it truly is a great place to relax and unwind from the stresses of life

best regards
Reviewed 22 August 2014

We paid around $50 per night for a room at this hotel. The hotel was average at most and I felt that $50 was way too much for what we got (we are currently paying $15 per night in Phuket for a hotel of the same quality). The hotel was out of the way and without hiring a scooter it was difficult to get out and about. While the hotel is located on the beach, the beach is more of a giant ants nest than sand. The swimming pool was nice and the hotel staff were nice - one of bought me a beer at a pub quiz we were both at!

• Stayed August 2014
Dear Valued Guests

I am a little mystified by a few things in your review. Firstly the beach being a giant ants nest ? I have seen ants nest on National Geographic TV but they didn't look anything like our beach. Can't say i have ever seen an ant on the beach come to think of it. Crabs yes but ants no. Secondly i wish i knew a "hotel" in Phuket that sells rooms at 15 US dollars a night. I have tried to find that bargain on the various travel websites but could only find a youth hostel dormitory at that price.

Glad that you found the pool and staff nice, and i was the "one" who bought you the beer at the pub quiz.

Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed 12 August 2014

3 Days that i never forgotten ever and ever. I packed my bags and jump into the plane heading to the island immediately. All i can felt from the place were i stayed "Twin Bay Resort" it's all about the nature surrounding with a luxury beach. The soft cooling sand in the night it's a perfect time to lay on and look up the sky, Your both of vision receiving a pleasure from tiny sparkling of the stars meanwhile a little bugs start singing surrounding to put your relaxing mind with a nature melody. It's really worth for the room prices and replace with all the nature and service mind from a resort staff.

Room Tip: Beach front view as i recommended
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Anyakarn
JDeeKohLanta, General Manager at Twin Bay Resort, responded to this review, 13 August 2014
Dear Valued Guests

Many thanks for taking the time to review your stay with us. As always, the location wins the day. The beach is beautiful and the night time sky does sparkle when clear. I am glad you enjoyed the service from the staff and hope to welcome you back in the not too distant future.

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed 6 August 2014

We have spent 9 wonderful days there, enjoying every moment. The green season turned out to be sunny and pleasantly warm and so many nice places with food open for the few tourists. People were very friendly, easy going and very helpful. The location of the resort is just fantastic.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
JDeeKohLanta, General Manager at Twin Bay Resort, responded to this review, 6 August 2014
Dear Valued Guests

Many thanks for taking the time to review your stay with us during the Green Season. Sunny it was and quiet enough to really relax and unwind from the city life.

Yet again location wins the day followed by the friendly staff we have here. Hopefully being in KL you can hop over again in the not too distant future.

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 23 July 2014

Upon our arrival at the resort, we were greeted with a warm welcome and informed by the front desk, that they had upgraded us to a beach front room FOC. I couldn't be happier.

The room welcomed us with 2 cute towel origami elephants on double beds, it was spacious, clean and bright. the toilet was impeccably spotless and the shower was so big you could comfortably fit 10 people inside (not that you'd want too) haha...

Outside, we had a couple of reclining chairs and a side table, for us to relax out of the sun, enjoy the view of local fishermen at work whilst the sound of waves gently hitting the shore. The tide recedes during the morning and evenings, thats when you can take a nice cool stroll along the beach and admire pretty seashells that have been washed up to shore.

The pool is a good size and they also have a wading pool for younger kids and a jacuzzi that wasn't working.( i'm not complaining)

Breakfast was ok... you get an American Breakfast; crispy bacon strips, ham, sausage, eggs and toast. But if you don't fancy that, then there's simple cereal on the side. Also with freshly brewed coffee and tea.

It's about an estimated 15mins walk or a 5 mins ride/drive out to the main road. The roads on both sides are lined with convenient stores and humble little restaurants. The resort provides scooter rental at 250 baht/24hrs(no insurance) or car rental for 1000 baht/24hrs(with insurance).

I highly recommend this resort if you want a peaceful and tranquil holiday.

*Only one suggestion is that maybe the resort could provide a couple of umbrellas in each room just in case it rains, because the path leading to the rooms are not sheltered.

Room Tip: Stayed in room 230, which was right in front of the beach, close to the reception and pool without t...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
JDeeKohLanta, General Manager at Twin Bay Resort, responded to this review, 23 July 2014
Dear Valued Guests

What a lovely review you wrote. Most agree the location of the beachfront bungalows are to die for with the views they afford and proximity to the sand. Nothing better than waking to that view. As you mentioned Saladan town is fairly close by and has plenty of places to eat and shop. Our humble low season breakfast still manages to please and as you say is sufficient in choice.

I do hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back in the not too distant future. Singapore is only a short flight away.

Reviewed 16 July 2014

My partner Wendy and I stayed here Jan 2014

nothing was too much trouble for the manger Jon

Nice genuine guy

I mentioned I like fishing and he kindly offered and took me out with his pals on Jon s long tailed boat . Evening fishing magical .
He has a secret fishing system and plays music to the fish to attract them and it seems to work I promised not to disclose the tune though .

we had a great time fishing and talking and looking at the stars

we had dinner with Jon his partner and a few other guests on the beach as his guests dining on the fresh fish we caught which was lovely of them .

Great little resort great location

We came as tourists and left as friends

Thanks Jon my friend

Been to Thailand many time s

Will always remember our stay at twin bay and our fishing trip

Nick j Wendy s Forest of Dean
Uk

• Stayed January 2014
2 Thank 23114forester
JDeeKohLanta, General Manager at Twin Bay Resort, responded to this review, 17 July 2014
Dear Valued Guests

What a lovely review. If i remember correctly, you landed a fish or two during the adventure on the high seas. I trust that particular genre of music is working for you on your fishing expeditions. As for the land based part, location wins the day as always and i am delighted you both enjoyed your stay with us.

The boat awaits your return, but until that time, happy fishing