“Substandard service” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #22 of 84 Hotels in Ko Lanta
Bangkok, Thailand
“Substandard service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2014

The hotel has many good rooms and is located on a fine beach. However, hotel staff's manner and their service are disappointing. We traveled in a big group and checked in on time, but some of the rooms are not ready when we arrived. Hotel staff let us in anyway and we found cleaning rags and garbage on the bed! The staffs always made a stern face and said no to everything we asked, be it an extra plate or other small arrangements. My friend asked for a towel and she was told to pay 100 baht for it! There is no one at the front desk after 9 pm., so there's no assistance in case of emergency.The deluxe villas have a lovely outdoor bathtub but we dare not use it, since the fence is too low to securely cover anything and there's the main building (3 stories high) overlooking it.

Room Tip: The deluxe villa no. 18 is too close to hotel's front desk and the main building. The villa'...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank KateRosy

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

Nice place with a gorgeous room. Got the villa. Its a good location exactly by long beach and spa is also affordable. However the service is horrible. For some peculiar reason, the reception closes at 9 pm. Kind of funny when you have a problem and no one is around to help. Also none of them speak english so its very hard to communicate.

Stayed August 2014
1 Thank Michael P
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2014

I stayed at this hotel during low season when most shops, restaurants, etc are closed. This is also the time when most hotels work on their properties. This hotel had some good points, but with the bad outweighing the good. I left after two nights. The BAD: Unfriendly and grudgingly helpful front desk staff. The poisonous snake at the front door to my room that got halfway inside. ( The staff did get rid of it quickly). No hot water in my room the first night and low water pressure during my entire stay. The deluxe villa was dated and tired looking with a 15 year old TV set. ( NO flat screen). Awful and limited breakfast buffet with mostly Thai dishes. They couldn't even provide potatoes. Sea too rough to swim during low season. AC didn't work very well in room. Pools not big enough to swim laps. The room had very dim lighting. Too dark to read in at night. All in all the hotel was very overpriced. I checked out after 2 nights.
The GOOD: Friendly staff in restaurant. Great landscaping, like a rain forest. Deluxe villa had a huge bathroom with a private outdoor patio and bathtub. Small shops selling beer, water and supplies a short walk away. Good restaurant - Cook Kai a five minute walk from hotel.
All in all, I would never stay here again. Give this place a miss, at least during low season. There are better places to stay for more money, which provide better value.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
      Cleanliness
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Michelle P
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2014

This was a lovely location to stay, with some good and some bad. I think it's fair to keep in mind the general location and to keep your expectations appropriate.

The Good:
- I thought the room was nice, clean and comfortable. We had a poolside room, with an AC, which makes all the difference, at times, as the humidity is unbelievable.
- the grounds were beautifully kept.
- the bathroom was spacious
- the beds were comfy

The Bad:
- the hot water in the shower was hit and miss, and when it was hot, it would all of a suddenly turn cold for a couple of minutes. I would say we had warm water 50% of the time, and we stayed for 5 nights.
- the restaurant was over-priced for sure! The breakfast was terribly over-priced, and consisted of cereal, toast and jam, juice, coffee, a fruit plate, eggs (imitation, I think) and packaged lunch meat (ham) and hot dog wieners. Unfortunately we partook of this our first morning, but no more after that. DO NOT pay for the breakfast buffet! If you walk out of the resort to the main road and turn right, there is a good restaurant called Cook Kai that is not far down, at all, and is on the right-hand side of the road. We enjoyed this place very much. If you had turned left on the main road, there was a great breakfast place called Little Home Coffee, but it was a decent walk down.

Room Tip: DO NOT eat the breakfast buffet; it is way overpriced for the area, and terrible options.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
      Sleep Quality
      Cleanliness
1 Thank Kisforkrisi
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2014 via mobile

I ... Got out of my room at 10:00am locked my safety box on my private code.Then I went to eat my breakfast then got back to my room at 16:00pm I noticed that I couldn't open my safe I called room service to open my safe she opened my safety box with a special key quick,and got out of my room about an hour later when she got out of my room,I went to the safety box to get my wallet and I understood that there was less money in my wallet 200 euro,413 U.S dollar and 2,000 baht.I went to the room service and called the police.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
11 Thank Ira M
Finland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2014

We had booked Deluxe villa but apparently they upgraded us to Deluxe beach front villa (didn't told us though). It was lovely to see the sea! We had bad luck because Ozone music bar next door had birthday party on the beach and the music was so loud it kept us awake until 4 am.

We loved the location at Long beach by many restaurants. The breakfast was best we had ever experienced. There were ten different fresh fruits and they changed daily.
The pool (near the beach) was quite small and all sunbeds were reserved all the time. I think hotel staff should remove the towels from sunbeds, it's really annoying habit.

Negative: there wasn't much hot water in the shower. Anyway, we would love to stay again!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank KKFinland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2014 via mobile

Stayed three nights at the start of low season.

Breakfast was average for this class of hotel in Thailand (omelettes and fruit are good, rest is so-so). Generous with the water, which is important when the weather is hot.

Breakfast and bar staff were helpful and enthuiastic, no complaints about the rest of the staff, if nothing particular to commend.

Pool in the main area is nice. More for playing than proper swimming, but it is a resort! Beach is really nice, plenty of beach towels, lounge chairs etc (it was low season).

Rooms were clean, bed was comfortable, if slightly run down.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple