All reviews beach bar private beach front row children's pool sea view wild monkeys air con thai food rent a scooter watching the sunset spent nights restaurant staff high season tuk tuk laid back nice beach jungle
Reviewed 17 April 2014

We spent three nights at the beautiful Narima. Our seaside bungalow was more than adequate, very clean and comfortable. We had the last of the seaside bungalows which was fantastic as was tucked away in the Jungle, so quite and super peaceful. The view was perfect, we loved lounging in the hammock or just chilling under the fan! There is wifi in the bungalows and a fridge to keep the drinks cool. The pool area is lovely, water temp just perfect to cool off and refresh. We swam everyday in the ocean, the rocks are really not a problem as you can walk around them and swim out. The beach is kept spotless with ample sun lounges, the coach bar is super cute and rustic style, the barman really does make the BEST cocktails I have probably ever had! Delicious and strong!! Great value and served to your sun lounge. We ate dinner twice at the restaurant and both times the food was fantastic! The Panang curry is just amazing, soooooo tasty, the serves are a perfect size and the staff are very kind and friendly. Breakfast is the same each day but more than adequate with loads of options and fresh fruit, my husband loved his omelettes each day.
We loved our stay at Narima, the staff are fantastic and make sure you have everything you need, washing is done with a same day service, bungalows are cleaned each day, motorbikes are great to rent and all gear is in good working order. We really were so well looked after and can't thank the staff enough. This is a great relaxing stay, you can really wind down and refresh at Narima.

Room tip: We loved being away from everyone in room A11, seaside view is beautiful and private.
Date of stay: April 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank johnjem
Reviewed 2 April 2014

Definitely get a bungalow with a sea view and aircon - still trying to understand how that is eco friendly but in the hot nights I didn't really care to debate it! The whole complex is nicely spaced out and the services are good. I only ate one night in the actual place and the food was ok - preferred to head out most night and hit other restaurants along the beach - there are loads - lots western but seek out the local one - Cook Kai springs to mind - its not on the beach but the local food is good. I ate calamari most night - and I tended to ask for 2 as it always sat in the starter menu rather than mains - that's my theory anyway! The Narima pool is great for kids, there also a "rustic" bubbles tub, not great but still fun from a novelty point of view and a small kids pool on the lower levels. The resort bar is great - Tom is the barman, nice guy and makes wicked cocktails for around 150 baht. theres always long neck beers that are cold and come with a cooler sleeve and they are a similar price. Narima has a tourist type office on-site which is handy for day trips - Koh Rock is great, but also the 4 islands tour! Lots of snorkelling or just chilling on the beaches plus lunch is included (about 34 gbp pp). The resort also has a driver so sometimes you pay and sometimes is complimentary - check on booking - no hard and fast rule but think its on the distance and vehicle - we spent many a night on the back of a ute - all good fun and no health and safety - excellent!

This isn't the flashiest place but it hit most of the spots we needed and it reasonably priced - we had a fun 4 days which were relaxed and chilled. Note - the resort is 2.5 hrs from Krabi international airport and 2 ferry rides - the cost is about 50 gbp each way

Room tip: Get a sea view and a room with aircon
Date of stay: March 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 March 2014

This was my second stay at Narima. I love Narima because it truly represents the Thai experience without inflated prices. Narima, Kho Lanta reminds me of what Phi Phi was like 25 years ago-quiet,jungle bungalows beachside, good food with long conversations seaside. The management is extremely helpful with excursions and other needs and ensure you get the local price. I can't say enough about the staff and their congenial Thai ways - more of the world could benefit from their courteous pace and ways. Dive shop is convenient on site. The Narima owners have always checked in on how I was doing. Sure there are little ants, geckos, monkeys and even squid fishing off the beach - it's a lush beautiful tropical setting - a lot of attention to green went into the resort. Hopefully Kho Lanta south doesn't go the way of the north island, growth and development has been tough on the tranquility of Thailand we all want to enjoy.

Room tip: I go for the low budget row C and am totally satisfied, I'm a few steps from the beach for view.
Date of stay: January 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 March 2014

Excellent family friendly resort with kind and competent staff. Good food, great quite beach and nice bungalows. Just great for us grandparents, children and grandson. Easy to get around the island from the resort by taxi.

Date of stay: March 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank klauseggert
Reviewed 27 February 2014

We spent 10 relaxing days at Narima in December 2013. The food was amazing, the accommodation simple but tasteful, the staff were friendly, the pool was great and the beach bar in the evening was fantastic. We were there with our 2 small children and lots of other families also there. It did start to feel a little crowded around the pool the closer to Christmas it got, which encouraged to visit more of the island. All in all, it was a lovely place to stay and I'd definitely recommend it.

Room tip: We stayed in the B row
Date of stay: December 2013