“Can't say good enough things about the place”

Narima Bungalow Resort
Ranked #22 of 84 Hotels in Ko Lanta
Reviewed 19 May 2014

I was fortunate enough to find a sweet bungalow by just walking in, of course it is low season. For a very decent price you get a private bungalow with a terrace, over-looking the jungle and/or the sea. The pool is fine for hanging out, in fact, if you swim to the ocean side of the pool, you can hang out over the beach and the crashing waves. There were few people there, so it was quiet. The food was quite good, once I let them know I didn't need them to hold the peppers! The staff were delightful.
I had a bad fall by the pool and broke my foot. A young western couple sort of helped and then went back to their sunbathing. The staff took incredible care of me. I was taken to the emergency room at Lanta (this hospital is NOT recommended - they failed to find the break in my foot, and just gave me a variety of pain pills) and then helped to my bungalow, and brought me meals and helped me arrange a return flight. One of the staff rode off and came back with a crutch for me, and they arranged for me to get to the airport in Krabi and back to Bangkok the next day, where I got the foot cast.
I will definitely return. It is a bit isolated if you are looking for night life. But if you want a sweet bungalow by the sea, quiet and good food, this is a great place. Oh, and the beach is quite fine and I swam in the ocean.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank JoanneBee

Reviewed 29 April 2014 via mobile

Had a great stay here, rooms are pretty basic but clean and quite big- it's definitely worth paying for one in the front row with a sea view! Food and cocktails are fab- the beach bar is amazing and the bartender is great :) there are lovely views of the sunset from here each night. The pool area is clean and shaded so made a nice break from the sun. It is isolated so be prepared to spend time at the resort or get taxis if you want to go out anywhere- it's a relaxing and beautiful place to spend time though so we didn't mind being out of the way! We booked directly with the owners in advance and they were extremely helpful- they also arranged for us to be picked up from the ferry port, which was a great help as it is quite a drive down the coast. The only thing that stops it getting 5 stars unfortunately is some (not all) of the staff, who were rude and dismissive of us. As we visited in a quiet time, they clearly didn't have enough to do and spent a lot of time hanging around in a group in the corner of the restaurant, while leaving the bar, office, etc unattended- it was actually quite intimidating to approach them with questions or to book anything! (They did noticeably improve on the day the owners were present however) Ultimately everything we asked for got done though, and it is a lovely place to stay- we would come again if we found ourselves back on Lanta!

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Naomi824
Reviewed 28 April 2014

Overall itt is nice. However It is over rated. Basic room good pool the beach is not so clean so no guest is going to the water. Service is not so good because the staff is always busy playing with cellular or makeup or god knows what else ... If you need help with tours taxi etc try to find the owner which give good service. Otherwise you r quite stuck ;-(

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank Mmiro
Reviewed 27 April 2014

Lovely spot down towards the south of Koh Lanta. The resort is lovely, very relaxing and private. There are no shops or anything near so you really get away from it all. Rooms are fine, but it is the location that is the winner here. The private beach is lovely. Food great and the travel desk very helpful. If I was going back to Koh Lanta, I would certainly consider staying here again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Ruth P
Reviewed 21 April 2014

Just loved it!
BEAUTIFUL property, lovely staff, great food and an excellent bar - what more to ask for!
We stayed 10 nights and were truly sorry to leave. The owners are lovely and welcoming people, and their positive and hospitable attitude truly rubs off on their staff. All were sweet in a very genuine way. We traveled with our 4 month old son, and they all just loved him (and made our lunchtime a bit easier). Breakfast was good-with both the standard western stuff as well as a lovely thai rice soup. We only ate Thai for lunch and dinner, and everything was tasty, tangy and spicy.Really delicious!
The bar is def. worth a visit too!
Only small 'but' that we have, is that you have to book massages in advance (maybe because we were there close to low season?), which was a bit of a nuisance.
We would stay there again in a heartbeat - and recommend it to any of our friends with or without kids.

Room Tip: Front row (A)by far have the best view
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank CLyPeD
Reviewed 17 April 2014 via mobile

Have to say the bungalow was great and the location and pool was of a high standard - I'd suggest you avoid the restaurant as the food is straight out of the freezer tastes pretty awful. The owners seem very nice but a large majority of the staff are simply lazy & rude and seem to have better thing to do; like their Facebook pages. I'd also highly recommend you avoid the laundry service as washing in cold water in your sink would yield far better results.

Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank Croppitt
Reviewed 17 April 2014

We spent three nights at the beautiful Narima. Our seaside bungalow was more than adequate, very clean and comfortable. We had the last of the seaside bungalows which was fantastic as was tucked away in the Jungle, so quite and super peaceful. The view was perfect, we loved lounging in the hammock or just chilling under the fan! There is wifi in the bungalows and a fridge to keep the drinks cool. The pool area is lovely, water temp just perfect to cool off and refresh. We swam everyday in the ocean, the rocks are really not a problem as you can walk around them and swim out. The beach is kept spotless with ample sun lounges, the coach bar is super cute and rustic style, the barman really does make the BEST cocktails I have probably ever had! Delicious and strong!! Great value and served to your sun lounge. We ate dinner twice at the restaurant and both times the food was fantastic! The Panang curry is just amazing, soooooo tasty, the serves are a perfect size and the staff are very kind and friendly. Breakfast is the same each day but more than adequate with loads of options and fresh fruit, my husband loved his omelettes each day.
We loved our stay at Narima, the staff are fantastic and make sure you have everything you need, washing is done with a same day service, bungalows are cleaned each day, motorbikes are great to rent and all gear is in good working order. We really were so well looked after and can't thank the staff enough. This is a great relaxing stay, you can really wind down and refresh at Narima.

Room Tip: We loved being away from everyone in room A11, seaside view is beautiful and private.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple