“Enormous and picture esq.”
Review of Long Beach

Ranked #5 of 48 things to do in Ko Lanta
Reviewed 9 April 2014 via mobile

This beach was perfect for us as we love quiet beaches with no sound of water sports or people trying to sell you something. It is a vast stretch of sand and wherever you go you almost feel like you have your own section of the beach and sea, it's certainly not secluded and has many restaurants and mini marts. For good have lunch at Funky Fish and have dinner at Thai Cat as both do fresh and tasty food right on the beach.

1  Thank Steviekerr88

Reviewed 7 April 2014

We like the beach here better than where we stayed (Klong toab) because the sand here is more fined and extremely no rocks. It was many restaurant also and nice for swimming for kids.

1  Thank Semayi
Reviewed 5 April 2014

I, like many other travellers, wound up staying on Long Beach. The sand is white and the water is crystal clear, which is exactly what you expect from a beach in Thailand. You can sit and relax and watch the sunset as well, which is what many people choose to do. In February, when I went, it was not too crowded either. It was a perfect mix of having tourists to socialise with, but without having too many that it becomes too touristy. You could always find a quiet spot near your bungalow.
There are lots of restaurants, bars and resorts here. So there is always something to eat, something to do and someone to meet.The thing I enjoyed about Long Beach is that the resorts here do not say anything if you use their equipment. Even if you weren't staying at their resort, they did not mind you laying on their deck chairs. This was a welcome change for the way many Western resorts operate.
I was so glad that I found accommodation on Long Beach. It was the perfect place to stay for me.

1  Thank geelongexpat
Reviewed 28 March 2014

Every part of thailand seems to have a "long beach" we stayed at Long Beach on Koh Lanta which was lovely and even better at Long Beach on Phi Phi!Can get confusing when you are researching though!! Everywhere in Thailand is beautiful, I'd recommend moving around and trying out everywhere, my fav beaches were at Phi Phi (stayed on Viking Nature Resort) and also Ao Nang - particularly next beach up at the National park is beautiful long beach and fab sunsets.

1  Thank sarahnphil
Reviewed 28 March 2014

This beach is lovely, clear water, crystal clear seas and plenty of places to get food etc. we really enjoyed our time at long beach.

1  Thank Rose W