“Beautiful Resort”

Rawi Warin Resort & Spa
Ranked #14 of 85 Hotels in Ko Lanta
Reviewed 27 April 2013

My wife and I spent 5 days at the Rawi Warin in April 13 and we had a very relaxing and enjoyable stay. This is a 5 star resort and if you choose to visit you won't be disappointed. Most of the resort accommodation is set within beautiful gardens on a small hill side. Most of the rooms appear to have great views of the sea, pond/gardens or the impressive pool area. The room we had was a good size and was clean and well kept. It had all the facilities you would expect from a five star resort with it's own iron, hair dryers,daily fresh fruit and water, slippers, umbrella etc. The rooms also had a large bath and shower area.

Some of the rooms are located up a steep hillside, however it's manageable. For those who are worried about that the resort have plenty golf cart style buggies that pick you up and drop you off when you need them. Just ringing reception from your room and they come collect you etc. Good service.
The resort grounds were also extremely well kept with beautiful gardens, ponds and a huge infinity style pool that looks out into the sea. The resort facilities block was centrally located within the resort and this housed the restaurants, library, tour office, cinema etc.
Unfortunately our stay was out of peak season and therefore only one of the restaurants was open (Watermark) on an evening which was operating a revised menu. The restaurant was pleasant but was open air and at times became uncomfortably hot. With no air con obviously and no ceiling fans to try keep you cool. the staff did make efforts where the could using small desk fans but I would have expected something a bit more professional from a resort like this.
The food was lovely though and I had no complaints with the choices available at breakfast and the quality of food was excellent throughout.
The resort did have more choice of places to eat open through the day with the pool bar and a small sandwich / cake shop available. It is worth noting however if you do come out of season then your choice for places to dine on an evening are very restricted. With no places nearby of note and the resort only offering one restaurant open. I was disappointed this was the case and at no time before my booking or during arrival was I informed that many of the facilities were not available, Inc restaurants and bars mainly, but also ocean pool, on site shops and booking offices, DVD rentals, some of the resorts own boat excursions etc. This is something to be mindful of if you plan to stay for more than just a few days.

My wife used the spa for a number of different massages and although a bit pricey she had no complaints and enjoyed the facilities. I made use of the gym, which was quite small but well equipped.

The staff were friendly and all were more than willing to assist if you needed anything. really did help make my stay an enjoyable one.

I made use of the resorts airpor transfer facility but it's worth noting that travelling time from Krabi airport to resort is approx 2.5hrs and requires two ferry trips. The transfer is made easy by the resorts own transfer but at 1600baht per person each way it's very expensive. That said I think trying to find your own way using private taxi / transfers will be hard work. It was further and more hassle getting to the resort than I thought, so I was pleased I got the resorts own transfers. I was disappointed at the cost, especially after having spend a fair bit on my stay once they got me there! This should be something they shouldnt make profit on and they clearly do at those prices!

Overall I would highly recommend this resort and even out of season when not everything is available you won't fail to have an enjoyable / relaxing holiday. The resorts low prices out of season reflect the reduced facilities in fairness but it is worth noting for those thinking of having a longer stay.

I have stayed at a number of resorts in Krabi province and this one tops the lot!! If your thinking about booking you won't be disappointed with it if you do.

Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jonnyaves

Reviewed 26 April 2013

Part of a fabulous holiday, which we had booked with Andaman Sky, we stayed at the Rawi Warin. We were not disappointed. We were looking at other resorts on Koh Lanta. We were recommended to this place by Andaman Sky and we are very glad we took their recommendation. This location of this resort is divine. We made sure we did not miss one single sunset from this beautiful resort. The rooms here are very tasteful. It is modern, yet it has a touch of traditional Thai here and there. The rooms are very homely and cozy, not to mention the view from the room itself. Service at this resort is impeccable. Wherever you are on the premises, the staff are always smiling and helpful. Very diligently they will go out of their way to cater to your needs. The breakfast here is unbelievably tasty and we made sure we did not miss one single breakfast. I do have to say that the dinner here was not what we were expecting from a resort of this caliber. Do not get me wrong, It was not bad, but it was not great either. After our first night of having dinner there, we decided to venture out for dinner for the rest of our stay as there were better options outside.

Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 April 2013

We had an amazing stay at Rawi Warin! The staff was lovely, super friendly and very helpful, and every singel member of the staff had a smile for us every singel day! Gotta love that! :)
Our room was spaceus, clean and comfortable. The room was super clean the hole stay and housekeeping left fruit for us every day. :)
The pool area was amazing, lovely view and again super clean. The priceses are, as other have mentioned, higher then other restaurant and bars BUT you kinda get what you pay for. Loved the Mango fruitshake and it was the BEST on the island!
The spa was also a bit expencive but I have to admit I would not get a facial treatment at a really cheap spa either, so this felt as a safe option for me. And it was great! We also got a complimentary thai massage which was lovely!
In the library you can book the video room and enjoy a movie, which we realy appreciated.
Good training facilities with air condition, realy good breakfast and the surroundings are beautiful!
I just have two tips or pointers for improvement for the management: have the pool bar menu on each table and have the service button thing at each table during the opning hours, not just occasionally, it just make it easier and you definitely will sell more. Also give the guests the options to upgrade when checking in, we actually wanted that but had some problems communicating that to the check in staff. So a small menu with prices on the front desk would be helpfull.
A big thank you to al the staf, and in particularly Yad tha tryed to teach us some thai, for a wonderfull stay! :) ขอขอบคุณคุณ!

Room Tip: The hotel area is pretty vast, so ask for a room close to reception or pool area if you have problem...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 April 2013 via mobile

If you're looking for a "get away from it all" including Thailand experience this is the place for you. It's certainly luxurious and hidden away from most of the huddle and bustle of Lanta. However you are a short tuk tuk ride from great restaurants and bars. the resort next door has a very friendly cheap bar also. The Warin staff are friendly and helpful. However it's expensive. The dinner restaurant over priced and poor. The breakfast buffet very good and geared to European and Asian tastes. Stayed 5 nights.

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed 2 April 2013

Rawi Warin has left a lot of wonderful memories in our hearts. The environment is very beautiful and everything is just perfect planed. You feel a lovely and living environment with a lot of colors which brings you peace and harmony with a lot of plants and beautiful flowers. The food is really good and especially the breakfast and the rooms are really beautiful and really big too. The swim pool is really very nice located and it is really very big and I couldn’t stop swimming. We stayed there during two weeks from the first of March 2013.
The hotel is located in a very beautiful place and believe me you don’t want to miss any sunset. What it made our trip special was of course not only the beautiful environment or the peaceful moment that the hotel gives you but all of these wonderful people who were working there, thank you very much all of you from me and my wonderful wife Julia. Nee and Noi what wonderful people thank you very much for wonderful service you know what service minded means. I deeply from my heart want to thank you guy all of you Nina, Naam, Zeed, Kwang , Noi and of course Nee. We loved Kho Lanta and had unforgettable time at this hotel and all people who were working there and you are not going to be disappointed but you have to see it by yourself. We definitely recommend this hotel for its beautiful environment but the most important is that all of these wonderful people who are working there and I am without any doubt going to visit it again next year because I miss everything and everyone we come in contact with during those two weeks we stayed there.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 March 2013

Me and my boyfriend stayed at the resort in February.

Firstly I must stress that we had a lovely time in Ko Lanta, and at the resort.

However; I have been fortunate enough to stay at a few 4+* star resorts before, and this just isn't one.
The grounds are beautiful, our room was big, pool was great, but there were too many inconveniences to call themselves a luxury resort.

The staff were mostly very helpful and polite, the big issue here was their English skills, which were very poor. You could not talk at all to the staff about anything other than the very basic things. Reception staff excluded.

The pool bar.. Don't go there. The price is ridiculously high, for very poor and boring food. And they don't walk around taking orders, they just stand by the bar, and you have to go make the order yourself. (Again, not a big deal, but for a luxury resort, a pool staff taking orders around the pool is pretty standard).
For lunch (and sometimes dinner) we went to the beach bar/restaurant about 30 metres to the left, lovely food and for a third of the price! And the staff's English skills exceeded Rawi's.
We never ate at the restaurant at the hotel, as other guests warned about the prices. I'm not opposed to spend a bit of money for a good meal, however, nobody likes the feeling of being "ripped off". Take a 15 minute stroll to Klong Nin beach (to the right on the street from the hotel), where lovely beach restaurants are lined up! :)

The bathroom in our Pond room was big and nice. (The beds are VERY hard though, worth to note).
However, a hair (mine thankfully ;)) on the showerwall was there for a good 8 days before someone cleaned it. So cleaning was not the best. Also the housekeeping was sometimes very late. We got back a couple of times around 5-5.30 to the room to find it had not been cleaned yet.

All in all, we had a lovely time. The grounds are lovely, the pool great, excellent breakfast, and so on, and we did not want to go home. A few things the hotel needs to sort out, but the place has great potential!

Room Tip: We had a pond room, 211, wich was very spacious, and close to pool and beach. However, one should...
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 March 2013

We stayed for 5 nights (15-20 Jan 2013) and were not disappointed. Changed our booking at the last minute from a “Deluxe Room” to a “Pond Room” after reading other TA reports about the long up-hill walk to Deluxe rooms; and very pleased we made this change.
The resort is large and spread out with beautiful landscaped gardens, ponds, swimming pools (main pool + smaller pool at the top of the hill to cater for deluxe rooms) and a unique pool in the ocean, which was open for use during our stay.
Pond rooms are well located near all hotel amenities & beach. A few deluxe rooms will have the same advantage, but most will involve a long walk or golf type buggy ride to your room.
We found the selection at breakfast excellent with a variety of hot/cold as well as Eastern/Western choices. Very impressed with the choice of fresh juices which included local exotic fruits and the more conventional fruit juices. Had the best omelets! Quality of food and fresh produce was of a high standard.
Staff throughout the resort was efficient, friendly, and helpful and spoke English in their “Thai” way; which is what we expect when visiting Thailand … if you want to only communicate & hear good English, then travelers should choose countries where English is the national language! The hotel had a young PR man walking around the pool/beach/hotel area throughout the day assisting and giving guests advice.
The Pond rooms were spacious, well appointed to hotel facilities. Lots of bathroom and general amenities supplied (shampoo/conditioner/shower gel/toothbrushes/razor/body lotion etc), including a “beach bag”, umbrella, his/hers beach sandals, ironing board & iron, and scales ….. Plus a fresh fruit plate each day ……much more than most hotels!
We had great spa treatments at the hotel during our stay which was very good. Guests have free access to snorkeling and kayaking equipment to use on small clean beach directly in front of hotel.
We loved the location of this hotel after renting a scooter (from kiosk outside hotel entrance) and exploring and looking at other beaches in Koh Lanta. It’s an easy walk from hotel via the beach or main road to Klong Nin where there is a lovely selection of good restaurants (Oasis Sunset & Kansa), pubs and shops.
Highly recommended and would stay here again!

Room Tip: Pay a little extra for "Pond Room" if you don't fancy long walks up/down to your room...
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple