“Low season”

Ranked #15 of 84 Hotels in Ko Lanta
Brisbane, Australia
“Low season”
Reviewed 2 July 2013

I was super glad I'd pre-checked on trip advisor for previous guests reviews, because when we arrived to find we were 1 of 4 couples staying here, the shock was less than it could have been. The staff were lovely, and the hotel was nice, although it's 41/2 star rating would need to be questioned. Only one restaurant was open during the day, and there was no poolside service. We found at night it was much nicer to walk down to a local restaurant and be the only people there, rather than being the only people at the (rather overpriced) restaurant here. My advice is to skip koh lanta in the low season, unless it is your preference to be all alone in a hotel in a mostly vacated island.

Room Tip: We had one of the standard rooms and it was lovely. Good bathroom with separate bath and shower. Goi...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (126)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Ayrshire Scotland
Reviewed 12 June 2013 via mobile

My Husband and I stayed at the hotel for 3 nights at the beginning of June.

It was low season so we more or less had the resort to ourselves, it was immaculate. The grounds are kept very clean and tidy. The pool is amazing. It is ozone friendly and not chlorinated.

We had a pond view room which I would recommend as some of the other rooms are high up and would be a bit of a trek. The room was kept very clean and was lovely.

The food was lovely and reasonably priced for a hotel of this standard. The breakfasts were lovely, good choice and unlimited from the menu.

The staff were all lovely and always willing to help, service was fantastic.

We hired a moped for the duration of our stay from the hotel for 250 bht (£5) for 24 hrs. I would recommend it as it's the best way to see the Island and get around. Roads were wide and quiet so it was very safe compared to other places in Thailand.

Overall if you are unsure whether to spend that little more, go for it it's worth every penny.

• Stayed June 2013
Gold Coast
Reviewed 17 May 2013

We stayed at the Rawi Warin for only two nights after eight in Phuket. It was so nice to come somewhere quiet, relaxing and friendly.

The staff at reception were very helpful but the staff in the restaurant really deserve a special mention for how warmly they welcomed and treated our children each morning. They had high chairs set up for us before we even arrived and spoke to our children throughout their meal.

The pool was amazing and grounds spectacular.

The resort is out of town but if it's a getaway you are after, this is a great place. Taxis are really cheap, much less than in Phuket. There is a small supermarket directly opposite the resort. There is also a place to get laundry done and arrange tours. There is a good bakery for sandwiches, cakes, coffee and pizza if you want to avoid resort priced food.

There is a cheap restaurant right on the beach, right next to the resort. The Asian dishes are great but avoid the Western dishes.

The resort meals are expensive by Thai standards but I'd be thrilled to pay $40 for two for a three course meal on the beach if I was at home. While it is more expensive, it really is a very romantic setting, unlike the cheap place next door.

The beach is lovely, it is just a shame that it is not treated better. In saying that, it is in no worse condition than any other Thai beach. With a little care and respect it could be a real draw card and point on distinction for this resort.

Our room was very comfortable with a lovely view. We were however concerned about our young children being on the balcony as it could be climbed with ease.

We loved the resort, it was the best place we stayed in Thailand.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank LXE3
Chiang Mai, Thailand
Reviewed 9 May 2013

Beautiful hotel compatible with the four seasons.
Lovely friendly staff and nice swimming pool overlooking the ocean.
Ok the beach isn't the best but you can rent a motorbike and go explore other beaches in the area.
Free kayaks are also available.
Sunbeds are parked around the pool and also very close to the beach so i don't know why others complain about that ,on the beach would not be good also because of the sand probably.

Rawi Warin thank you for the perfect getaway.

Side note for hotel management :
Don't use the pick up service from the outside company that picked us up any more.
That was terrible and scary.
The transport back from your driver and hotel van was perfect and was 20 minutes longer , so we felt much safer.
Management can pm me for more details.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Kuopio, Finland
Reviewed 8 May 2013

The first week we were visited Thailand to the hotel (at Anantara Spa, Sikao) so as early as the second week at Rawi Warin Spa, Koh Lanta, we dared to go to the beaches to the restaurants and they were here was enough. Side by side, mile after mile.

This fine hotel services is the best of what I have received.
Lovely food, good service, great store, a awesome tailor. Clean basins and, where appropriate, transport apartments in the hill. Good seaview wanted for us. Finnish director. We might want to go again in the summer because the prices are then lower.

Granddoughter enjoyed the sea and the pools.GrandPapa needs only to press the button for poolbars service.

You must see Koh Lantas southest tip. Totally paradise and national park.

Room Tip: Each apartment has its advantages. Top with good views and cool off in the breeze in the evenings. A...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Jukka B
newcastle - UK
Reviewed 27 April 2013 via mobile

My wife and I spent 5 days at the Rawi Warin in April 13 and we had a very relaxing and enjoyable stay. This is a 5 star resort and if you choose to visit you won't be disappointed. Most of the resort accommodation is set within beautiful gardens on a small hill side. Most of the rooms appear to have great views of the sea, pond/gardens or the impressive pool area. The room we had was a good size and was clean and well kept. It had all the facilities you would expect from a five star resort with it's own iron, hair dryers,daily fresh fruit and water, slippers, umbrella etc. The rooms also had a large bath and shower area.

Some of the rooms are located up a steep hillside, however it's manageable. For those who are worried about that the resort have plenty golf cart style buggies that pick you up and drop you off when you need them. Just ringing reception from your room and they come collect you etc. Good service.
The resort grounds were also extremely well kept with beautiful gardens, ponds and a huge infinity style pool that looks out into the sea. The resort facilities block was centrally located within the resort and this housed the restaurants, library, tour office, cinema etc.
Unfortunately our stay was out of peak season and therefore only one of the restaurants was open (Watermark) on an evening which was operating a revised menu. The restaurant was pleasant but was open air and at times became uncomfortably hot. With no air con obviously and no ceiling fans to try keep you cool. the staff did make efforts where the could using small desk fans but I would have expected something a bit more professional from a resort like this.
The food was lovely though and I had no complaints with the choices available at breakfast and the quality of food was excellent throughout.
The resort did have more choice of places to eat open through the day with the pool bar and a small sandwich / cake shop available. It is worth noting however if you do come out of season then your choice for places to dine on an evening are very restricted. With no places nearby of note and the resort only offering one restaurant open. I was disappointed this was the case and at no time before my booking or during arrival was I informed that many of the facilities were not available, Inc restaurants and bars mainly, but also ocean pool, on site shops and booking offices, DVD rentals, some of the resorts own boat excursions etc. This is something to be mindful of if you plan to stay for more than just a few days.

My wife used the spa for a number of different massages and although a bit pricey she had no complaints and enjoyed the facilities. I made use of the gym, which was quite small but well equipped.

The staff were friendly and all were more than willing to assist if you needed anything. really did help make my stay an enjoyable one.

I made use of the resorts airpor transfer facility but it's worth noting that travelling time from Krabi airport to resort is approx 2.5hrs and requires two ferry trips. The transfer is made easy by the resorts own transfer but at 1600baht per person each way it's very expensive. That said I think trying to find your own way using private taxi / transfers will be hard work. It was further and more hassle getting to the resort than I thought, so I was pleased I got the resorts own transfers. I was disappointed at the cost, especially after having spend a fair bit on my stay once they got me there! This should be something they shouldnt make profit on and they clearly do at those prices!

Overall I would highly recommend this resort and even out of season when not everything is available you won't fail to have an enjoyable / relaxing holiday. The resorts low prices out of season reflect the reduced facilities in fairness but it is worth noting for those thinking of having a longer stay.

I have stayed at a number of resorts in Krabi province and this one tops the lot!! If your thinking about booking you won't be disappointed with it if you do.

Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank jonnyaves
Landsmeer, The Netherlands
Reviewed 26 April 2013

Part of a fabulous holiday, which we had booked with Andaman Sky, we stayed at the Rawi Warin. We were not disappointed. We were looking at other resorts on Koh Lanta. We were recommended to this place by Andaman Sky and we are very glad we took their recommendation. This location of this resort is divine. We made sure we did not miss one single sunset from this beautiful resort. The rooms here are very tasteful. It is modern, yet it has a touch of traditional Thai here and there. The rooms are very homely and cozy, not to mention the view from the room itself. Service at this resort is impeccable. Wherever you are on the premises, the staff are always smiling and helpful. Very diligently they will go out of their way to cater to your needs. The breakfast here is unbelievably tasty and we made sure we did not miss one single breakfast. I do have to say that the dinner here was not what we were expecting from a resort of this caliber. Do not get me wrong, It was not bad, but it was not great either. After our first night of having dinner there, we decided to venture out for dinner for the rest of our stay as there were better options outside.

Stayed January 2013, travelled with family