“Pure bliss”

Ranked #15 of 84 Hotels in Ko Lanta
Kendal, United Kingdom
“Pure bliss”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 December 2008

We very much enjoyed a 3 week holiday here in October 2008. Koh Lanta is typically Thai and much less sophisticated than Phuket and in October the "green" season very quiet and peaceful and certainly for the first 10 days there were few residents at the hotel and the majorityof the bars and restaurants outside the hotel were not open.

The hotel itself is situated in wonderful gardens and the photos do not do it justice. We had a pool villa and they are wonderfully romantic with a very large spacious bedroom and bathroom and a separate music roon with large screen TV and music system. The spa whilst considerably more than the services offered by various "salons" outside the hotel is wonderfully serene and peaceful with excellent staff and the whole experience is very relaxing

The food at the hotel is reasonably priced for a 5 star establishment and the service and quality is excellent, although we only ate from the Thai menus. Breakfast is good with an excellent choice.

Drinks are expensive as you would expect - my only gripe would be that at lunchtime in the pool snack bar they charged for water whilst in the main restaurant they didn't - and bottled as well which just contributes to the mountain of plastic in the world.

• Liked — The setting and service
  • Disliked — The beach is quite rocky in low season - however the pools are lovely
  • Stayed October 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (121)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
toronto
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 November 2008

My wife and I stayed there the first week of June. Upon arrival the hotel looked fantastic and the service was impeccable however it was very quiet and very few guests (low season). However we had a terrible experience. I had laid my expensive watch on the night table before going to bed as there was no alarm clock and the night before I was wondering what time it was during the night. While sleeping I woke up at about 1 in the morning thinking I heard someone in the room, I did not put on the lights and thought it was just the waves or noises from outside. About 5 minutes later I woke up again thinking I was sure I heard someone in the room, I put the light on this time but saw nothing and went back to bed. When I finally woke up at about 8 and reached for my watch it was missing. My wife and I looked for an hour to no avail. I contacted the front desk and reported the theft. The onsite security firm confirmed that outside the balcony they found footsteps leading to our balcony. The management was helpful at first but offered no compensation for the theft . So someone had come into our room while we slept and stole the watch of my nightable. When leaving the hotel I recounted the story to two girls who had arrived the same time as us and she also said she thought she heard somene in the room, however gave it no thought. Needless to say I think this was an inside job as I was wearing my watch at all times and never thought it would be STOLEN WHILE I SLEPT!

• Stayed June 2008, travelled as a couple
Thailand
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 October 2008

We have just returned from a weekend trip at Langham Lanta. At first, we read from its website claiming that it's a 5-star resort. However, the total experience we received in terms of service and overall atmosphere can be rated as 2.5-3star resort. Langham Lanta claims itself as a eco resort, but frankly, it's not an eco friendly resort at all. They use a minicar to transport quests from front desk to their room all day. And that car consume fuel, not solar energy. We also have to use that minicar because our room was on the top of the hill and surely we could not walk up there. The area was not clean as it should be. There were garbage at the beach. Although there weren't much but that was not 5star resort should be. Toilet at common area was our nightmare. And we didn't receive beach towels because they were on cleaning process.

We didn't complain anything with the hotel since we got a very cheap promotion for october which was 65$ per night. We can say that it's worth with the price we get. But once again, we are not sure if Langham Lanta cliams themselves as a 5star resort.

• Liked — Cart drivers
  • Disliked — Servie & Location
  • Stayed October 2008, travelled as a couple
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2008

After getting such a great deal through the Langham website we booked a pond view room for 3 nights and then a pool villa for 3 nights. ( ended up being 4 nights, as Krabi airport was shut down due to demonstrations). The Pond view room was facing the sea and had amazing view of the beach and sunset horizon. The Pool villa had similar view but was higher up the hill. The Pool villa was the best room I have ever stayed in and it was difficult to leave behind.

The service at the Langham is fantastic and always with a smile. As there are few other restaurants in the area we ate mainly at he resort, which we would not normally have done. The food was always of a high standard and not that expensive.

I was a little disappointed to find that there are no beach activities and therefore no water sports available during the low season. This was despite the fact the the package we purchased specifically stated that these things would be included in our tariff. It was just annoying, not a deal breaker. Also the ocean pool only operates from Nov - Apr, which is fine, if only they advertised it that way.

I would highly recommend this resort, especially in the low season, when it feels like you are almost the only people here. So great to have no kids running around and to be able to just enjoy the peace and quiet.

• Liked — Great pools and views
  • Disliked — Not much outside the resort
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Neale W
UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2008

The resort is just beautiful, the staff are extremely friendly and polite, room service is great and there are some lovely extra little touches that make a vacation here really special. Fresh tropical fruit was delivered to our villa each day, activities and events are run throughout the week, even at very quiet times and we were even presented with a delicious heart-shaped honeymoon cake on our first evening. A fabulous honeymoon break it was, too.

My only (minor) complaint was the food; breakfast bakery goods aren't super fresh and food outside the resort is better, but every time we left the resort to explore the island I just wanted to go back as, in my mind, it really is the most beautiful spot of Koh Lanta. The photos on the internet don't quite show just how gorgeous the place is - the gardens and villas are simply stunning. Langham Place is perfect for an island resort break away from it all.

• Liked — Beautifully designed gardens and buildings, along with super friendly and efficient employees
  • Disliked — Breakfast bakery foods
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Emilia4
Hong Kong
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2008

My husband and I and another couple of friends booked a pool villa each,and it was a fantastic villa, the pool looked out on to the sea and we were surounded by coconut trees.
It was very private and hard to leave, this place is so relaxing, the staff were very friendly,but sometimes couldnt understand our Aussie accent!.
I would recommend this resort to anyone who wanted to de stress and wind down.
We ate out in the little local resturants and enjoyed real Thai food and hospitality, the breakfast at the resort was something to look forward to every morning as it was beautiful.
It takes 2 hours by car and ferry to get to the resort but it is really worth the effort.

• Liked — The rooms,veiw , pool, and breakfast,
  • Disliked — The 2 hours it took to get there!
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled with friends
2 Thank AussieinHongkers
Saskatoon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2008

This resort is stunning. I loved it from the moment that we arrived to the time that we left. It was my first trip into Thailand and well worth it. We got to see elephants and monkeys as we trekked through the national park near by. But this wasn't the best part. The best part was laying by the pool and enjoying a trpical drink.

• Liked — The views of the Andaman Sea
  • Disliked — Having to go home
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled with family