“Hotel on the beach”

Ranked #75 of 84 Hotels in Ko Lanta
hull
“Hotel on the beach”
Reviewed 5 June 2012

On arrival the check in was straight forward.We had a bungalow which was almost on the beach.It was clean and spacious, with tea/coffee making factilities,in room safe, flat screen tv,comfortable double bed,bath and shower,fridge and plenty of furniture where to put clothes.Clean beach towels were left in the room each day when the room was cleaned.The swimming pool was clean and surrounded by sunbeds.The breakfast when we were there was a set menu with about 4 different choices,this was problably because the hotel was not full, we were there in their green season.The hotel is on the the beach and a short stroll takes you to bars/restaurants etc but most were closed this time of year.Out the front on the main road there is plenty of places to eat and drink.You can get a tuk into Saladin about 5 minute ride. We would stay at this hotel again if we ever decide to go back to Koh Lanta

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank hullbug

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Chicago, IL
Reviewed 24 April 2012

First and foremost, we are two young back-packers, so take it as you will. The place is designed for families, especially for kids. The positives is that the cheapest room we took was nice, had comfortable beds, wi-fi, good shower/bathroom, fridge and felt overall clean. If you choose to use their computers, it's more than we've paid in other cities. The free breakfast was so-so, opt for the banana pancake if you get a choice. The lunch and dinner was mediocre, a tad pricey for our budget. Ko Lanta isn't known for it's night-life and this place doesn't help, everyone turns in at 9pm. Does have free books to rent (not in english though), and is close to a 7-Eleven. Would only stay there for a couple nights, otherwise you start to get a little cabin fever.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Kevin M
Stockholm, Sweden
Reviewed 1 April 2012

We were about to change hotel and walked along the beach to check availability. The resort looked nice, rooms were located around a nice pool and a green area, right om the beautifull Klong Dao beach. Rooms were fresh and clean when we looked in and was quite ok. However, avoid the cheapest rooms located directly beside the road and probably can have some noise from traffic. For the price the hotel felt pretty good until we went to the restaurant for a lunch and everything went wrong...

We ordered two chicken burgers and pasta bolognese for the kids but perhaps should have ordered Thai food. When the food finally arrived after an hour the chicken was raw. We sent back the burgers and started with the pasta but did not get far before we discovered that the sauce (which we had ordered in a separate bowl) was ice cold and also it got sent back. When the sauce finally came back, the children had already eaten up all the spaghetti... After some time, we got exactly the same chicken burgers back but with new chips, they were still raw...

The lunch took more than two hours and all we got to eat was a some spaghetti without sauce... Something was obviously wrong and did not work in the kitchen, there were more customers who did not receive their food and it was generally sour and angry faces among the staff. The resort might be ok but with a restaurant that completely fails, we chose a different hotel.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family

Travellers are raving about these Ko Lanta hotels

Tallinn, Estonia
Reviewed 16 March 2012

I would rather go for another hotel. Although this is located on the beach. Standard rooms are of very poor quality, some facing directly to other rooms in the courtyard. The beach in front of the hotel is not the nicest Ko Lanta has to offer and the water there is extremely warm, due to its shallowness. The pool is equally warm, so only the shower offers some cooling. But the show only has one knob, so that can be tricky as well. No free internet in this hotel.
Walking down the beach, there are several nice restaurants and eateries and some massage places.
If you are not planning on taking a private villa, I would suggest to choose another hotel.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
Campbell, CA
Reviewed 5 March 2012

We booked a standard room at this hotel and regretted it. When we got to our room, we say the balcony overlooked the roof of another building. We literally could have stepped off of our balcony onto the roof of the other building. Okay, this was a standard room, so you get what you pay for. They told us it would be 1000 THB to upgrade to a deluxe room, but they didn't have one available for the nights we were going to be there.

The room was run down, but not terrible for the price we paid. The shower, however, was nearly unusable. There was hardly any pressure at all. Also, there is a window in the door that lets light in from the hallway. Too much to ignore really. I had to try to cover it up with a towel. Who designed this feature?

The pool was pretty nice. It also had a spa next to it. But I've never found a spa in Thailand that had hot water.

The downside to the pool was the poor service. I tried and tried to flag down a waitress so she could take my drink order, but they just stayed in the dining area chatting with each other. Finally, someone went over and ordered some ice cream. When the waitress was bringing the ice cream, I flagged her down and told her to come back to me after she delivered her ice cream. Her English wasn't that good as she started to hand me the ice cream. I told her that the ice cream was for the lady to my right. Again, I asked her to return when she was done.

She delivered her ice cream, then walked the other way never looking back at me. Seriously, what did she think I was talking to her for? I gave up on getting a beer and went back to my room.

The beach has lots of large rocks in front of the hotel. The rocks are obvious during low tide, but not so during high tide. It would be easy to cut your feet if you try swimming.

Thailand is supposed to be known as the Land Of Smiles. However, someone should tell the women at reception this. They were probably the least friendly people we came across in Thailand this trip.

Across the street from the hotel is a massage shop that looks like they offer more than massages.

In the end, I'd rather try another hotel than return back to this one.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank DavidinCampbell
S. Oregon
Reviewed 12 February 2012

What can I say about you to be fair? You are not a “back packers” hotel as some reviewer earlier said; but you are also not an upscale place. That’s why I’ll call you middle of the road. Ko Lanta is also not a super busy (read party island and crowded) island such as parts of Phi Phi or Phu Ket, so Andaman fits in well. Being beach front with a nice small pool helps. We walked the beach each night to pick a new place for dinner and have not been disappointed yet. This hotel (Andaman) made a fine dinner tonight (chicken cordon bleu and spaghetti with meat sauce) which cost a total of $12. The beach is full of these types of restaurants just waiting for tourist. I trust you are a person who is trying to decide where to stay so let me tell you a few observations about Andaman. The staff are nice and a little distant/hands off but responsive if asked; the hotel has an excursion desk that will book you on any activity the islands offer (and there are many), the hotel is close to a town and surrounded by shops for laundry, food, water, beer, etc. Getting around the island is fun and easy. We rented a moped for 24 hours ($9) from the hotel, or you can walk many places. There are also 3 wheeled taxi’s, and trucks with seats in the back offering to take you anywhere on the island. I read a review that said don’t get a room on the road side, but request ocean side due to road noise. We are “road side” 1st floor and no noise. The rooms are small as is the bathroom. It appears a little worn but clean. We are here Jan/Feb and it is wonderfully warm even at night. Parents with kids are in abundance here so families fit in. “Room service is available with the same menu as the outdoor restaurant I think, so the choices are endless. Getting money and exchanging money is no problem. The beach is nice, warm, and calm. Great swim beach. I have not seen the inside of Andaman bungalows but think it would be worth the splurge if you have kids or spend most of your time at the resort. I did drive by the other Andaman that is not on the beach side and this seems to far from the ocean for my taste. I like Andaman on the beach for what it’s worth.

Room Tip: 1st and 2nd floor ocean side likely best it you don't have bunglow. Bunglows mostly surround po...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Budgettravelor
Reviewed 12 February 2012

What a treat it was to stay at this resort. At first the room (in the motel styled building) surprised me, nothing fancy but at least clean and very big! Was great to have such a nice cool pool and have nice chairs with umbrellas around the pool or facing the ocean.

The food was great.. A lot of flies around but you get use to it:s but great service.

A family run atmosphere made for a nice and relaxing time! There were many other resorts near by that looked nice but I'm glad for my experience here

• Stayed January 2012