We visited Ko Lanta in the off season and hence were lucky to get a steal of a price at Twin Lotus. For what we paid, it was every penny worth. The room was big, spacious, comfortable and beautifully decorated with a big balcony overlooking the beautiful green garden. Our favourite part of our stay being the amazing bathroom! It was a relief to see so much thought put into a bathroom. The staff were always helpful with smiles. They even went out of their way to help us whenever needed. Not much needs to be said, to be honest! It was a simply superb stay. We even tried to extend our stay by 1 night (after initially staying 2) just to stay longer at the resort. Not to mention the fresh breakfast which was on the better side compared to some of the others that we have seen in Thailand. As vegetarians, the fruits & juices, cereals & yogurts, breads & home-made jams were extremely appreciated.
The only thing we didn't like was the beach - it was rather dirty and stunk of sewerage. Not sure whether the resort is responsible for its cleanliness or the Ko Lanta administration. There are better and cleaner beaches down south (Twin Lotus is located in the north of the island).
A security alert for Ko Lanta in general - make sure to be back home before 9pm. My wife almost got her purse snatched on a moving scooter while we were returning after dinner at around 10:45pm. The island is still developing and the streets get pretty much empty around 9pm. The incident ruined our otherwise pleasant stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Twin Lotus Resort, Koh Lanta is re-opening its doors in late 2012 after a full renovation and the addition of newly constructed Villas and facilities. Situated on 12 acres of gardens and a 3-kilometer white-sand beach, new facilities include a brand new Spa & Wellness Center as well as Beachfront Bar & Restaurant. Villas are located on the beachfront, as well as in the gardens and overlooking the canal that runs through the property. Please note that according to resort policy, Twin Lotus welcomes guests aged 18 and over only. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotelopia, Priceline, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Ebookers, Agoda, TravelUp, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HRS, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Twin Lotus Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Twin Lotus Hotel Ko Lanta
- Twin Lotus Resort And Spa
- Twin Lotus Ko Lanta