Lanta Garden Home
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Beachfront
Holiday Villa(Ko Lanta)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsgreat location right on the beachfamily run hotelrooms were cleanedswimming poolevery morningbathfridge
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 25 September 2013

We have stayed in Lanta Garden Home many times and we will come back here guaranteed!
Because of the nice and clean rooms and a very, very nice staaf. All of them are very helpful. Very good location and view over the beach and the pool. Easy to go to Saladan. No problem to rent a motorbike. We have been traveling a lot in south east of Asia many years and mybee it depends the way you yourself behave that matters how you will be treated.
Hopefully we come back in 2013./Monica and Anders from Sweden

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank anders1945
Reviewed 20 April 2013 via mobile

When we arrived we were shown to rooms for 700 baht...they were dirty (my friend's found blood on the floor of the first room they were shown) and I was shown to one at the back in the car park. So we moved to 900 baht rooms which were better if a bit prison like. The bathrooms were not nice. There were stains on the sheets (I was informed they were from sun cream).

The pool was clean and a highlight as was the beach and the lovely Ko Bar next door.

The restaurant did good food. But then a friend pointed out they'd seen rats in the timbers.

But the worst part was their transport company. I needed to get to Ko Samui and my friends to Lankawi. We paid the lady in the hotel 850 baht each. I was told that a minibus would pick me up at 7:30 and I'd get there at 3:30. This was a massive lie. It took 11 hours. So started bus, ferry, bus, bus, bus, ferry. We were shipped and left like cattle no one telling us anything. I changed buses 4 times! At one point we were dumped in a shop in Surathani and told we had to buy taxi tickets for when we arrived in Samui as there wouldn't be anywhere. Scam alarm bells rang. We then waited so long for another bus that it had only 30 mins to do a 50 minute journey to the next ferry. He drove terrifyingly fast (through monsoon rain and zero visibility). When we got to the port we had to run, everyone shouting at us. It was horrible. And so so long. Then of course at Ko Samui there were hundreds of taxis and the one the scammer had booked us refused to take me as I was going somewhere else. I argued until he took me. ELEVEN hours later I arrived at my hotel. My friends going to Lamkawi had the same thing.

Avoid!

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed 25 February 2013 via mobile

Stayed with 2 other friends and all of us thought the same. The rooms were well over priced for what you got. On arrival the pool was green and dirty. In all 3 rooms booked the toilets would not flush properly, the showers had no pressure and all were not that clean. Two of the rooms were located next to a canal for grey water and possible sewerage as it was putrid and black, one of these rooms was the most expensive of the 3 because as we were told it had ocean views but it also had the restaurant building in front of it and the tv didn't work. The woman who ran the place would always tell people " don't cry " so she must get a lot of complaints. The 3 rooms cost 1500, 1700 and 2000 baht, TOTAL RIP OFF for what you get! Never again will any of us stay here.

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank Grunt74
Reviewed 24 February 2013

When I arrived at Koh Lanta most of hotels were fully booked. With help from a tuktuk- driver I found than a free room in Lanta Garden home. The room they showed me was not WOW! but ok for me that time because I was getting tired from searching a accommodation since 2 hours. But all the time the woman from reception forced me and did not stop to tell me that she needs just a phone call to give the room to other tourists. Not at all I needed something to sleep and I tried to ignore her clamor. When I was on the way to pay (in advance) she started again to blare "You are sure that you want the room? When you not happy I need just a minute to call other tourists..." That was enough! I took my money back and left this unfriendly place

Room Tip: In neighbourhood is the Bee Garden and the Andaman Lanta resort. Both are better places- much more friendly and helpful
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 February 2013

We happened to end up here by chance. We knew we wanted to go for a cooking class at Time for Lime, and this place was close by. We were shown two rooms were we chose the one with air con and the nicest bathroom. The standard is not very high, but it was nice enough for us for the price that we payed. The beach here is also nice at low tides, and it has a nice pool area.

The thing we liked the most was the very friendly staff. They were always very helpful and booked snorkeling trips, transportation and other sightseeing activities for us at Ko Lanta. The warm and friendly staff made a nice atmosphere. We enjoyed it so much that we chose to stay for two extra nights.

It was also good internet connections in our room, which was nice.

Would come back if we go to Ko Lanta again.

Room Tip: There were not many rooms, and they were of different standards. You can choose between air conditioning or only a fan. Just tell them what you want, and the staff will try their best to give you what you want.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple