“Descent hotel right on the beach”
Review of Lanta Garden Home

Lanta Garden Home
Ranked #119 of 244 Speciality Lodging in Ko Lanta
Reviewed 17 May 2014

Pretty much standard for that price. Nice staff in the reception and bar. Rented our scooter on the hotel and got a good deal. When we arrived you couldnt see the bottom of the pool because of all the sand that had been blown up from the beach. But they cleaned it at least twice a week they told me. Besides sand in the pool isnt that bad. Dont forget to visit Lanta Animal Welfare (LAW) when in Lanta.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mia L

Reviewed 17 February 2014

The service works! So close to the beach that you would think. It's where the pool ends of the beach begins. Breakfast is passable, but the rest of the food is cheap and good. Free wifi access is a plus and it works, at least near the restaurant area. Also, a small shop can be found where to get a drink of water toys, clothes and such. In the evenings, the beach opens to a cozy bar, laid-back sounds of reggae music and the boys came to do fireshow on the beach. Very romantic and cozy bar.

1  Thank anssitanssi
Reviewed 9 February 2014

We staid at a fan room (30 € per night quite expensive for that kind of standart). Our first impression of our room was not so good. The room was semi-cleaned and the sheets had impressions were you "should" sleep. This is the first time I have seen a notice on the wall "Please keep the property with you while cleaning is in progress", didn't feel safe at this hotel. One night was enough for us.

Reviewed 8 February 2014

Right from the off start Lanta Garden home offered a lovely warm welcome. We were shown to our room which was basic but perfectly adequate and very clean which I think is the most important thing. There was a fridge with water supplied and this was topped up when the rooms were cleaned. Staff were very friendly and polite and took time of day to speak when passing you.
Breakfast was lovely, choice of omelette, fried or scrambled eggs with toast, juice and a banana. This did me until late afternoon. Pool was lovely and cleaned everyday
Beach only a few footsteps and boy what a beach .Gorgeous!. Nice little bars at night next door to watch the sun going down.
Nothing was too much trouble and we were waved goodbye. Would highly recommend as great value for money at around £120 for 5 nights B&B for 2.

1  Thank klizneil
Reviewed 25 September 2013

We have stayed in Lanta Garden Home many times and we will come back here guaranteed!
Because of the nice and clean rooms and a very, very nice staaf. All of them are very helpful. Very good location and view over the beach and the pool. Easy to go to Saladan. No problem to rent a motorbike. We have been traveling a lot in south east of Asia many years and mybee it depends the way you yourself behave that matters how you will be treated.
Hopefully we come back in 2013./Monica and Anders from Sweden

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank anders1945
Reviewed 20 April 2013 via mobile

When we arrived we were shown to rooms for 700 baht...they were dirty (my friend's found blood on the floor of the first room they were shown) and I was shown to one at the back in the car park. So we moved to 900 baht rooms which were better if a bit prison like. The bathrooms were not nice. There were stains on the sheets (I was informed they were from sun cream).

The pool was clean and a highlight as was the beach and the lovely Ko Bar next door.

The restaurant did good food. But then a friend pointed out they'd seen rats in the timbers.

But the worst part was their transport company. I needed to get to Ko Samui and my friends to Lankawi. We paid the lady in the hotel 850 baht each. I was told that a minibus would pick me up at 7:30 and I'd get there at 3:30. This was a massive lie. It took 11 hours. So started bus, ferry, bus, bus, bus, ferry. We were shipped and left like cattle no one telling us anything. I changed buses 4 times! At one point we were dumped in a shop in Surathani and told we had to buy taxi tickets for when we arrived in Samui as there wouldn't be anywhere. Scam alarm bells rang. We then waited so long for another bus that it had only 30 mins to do a 50 minute journey to the next ferry. He drove terrifyingly fast (through monsoon rain and zero visibility). When we got to the port we had to run, everyone shouting at us. It was horrible. And so so long. Then of course at Ko Samui there were hundreds of taxis and the one the scammer had booked us refused to take me as I was going somewhere else. I argued until he took me. ELEVEN hours later I arrived at my hotel. My friends going to Lamkawi had the same thing.

Avoid!

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed 25 February 2013 via mobile

Stayed with 2 other friends and all of us thought the same. The rooms were well over priced for what you got. On arrival the pool was green and dirty. In all 3 rooms booked the toilets would not flush properly, the showers had no pressure and all were not that clean. Two of the rooms were located next to a canal for grey water and possible sewerage as it was putrid and black, one of these rooms was the most expensive of the 3 because as we were told it had ocean views but it also had the restaurant building in front of it and the tv didn't work. The woman who ran the place would always tell people " don't cry " so she must get a lot of complaints. The 3 rooms cost 1500, 1700 and 2000 baht, TOTAL RIP OFF for what you get! Never again will any of us stay here.

• Stayed: February 2013