“Wonerful Experience”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ko Lanta
Fisherman's Cottage
Ranked #10 of 217 Speciality Lodging in Ko Lanta
Reviewed 8 December 2013

The location is just great and the staff are so friendly and helpful.

The bungalows are basic but quirky (polished concrete walls and floors) and most importantly very clean. Out front there are chairs and a hammock.

The bar/restaurant is maybe 20 metres from the beach, sitting there sampling the cocktails in the evening was pretty idyllic. The food was very good, not the cheapest in Thailand terms but hey the location made up for that.

The only slight down side was that when the tide is out it's difficult to get in the sea due to the coral.

Overall we loved Koh Lanta and wouldn't hesitate to recommend Fishermans Cottage, a large part of the recommendation based on the great staff who were so friendly, funny and attentive.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Fisherman's Cottage

Reviewed 31 October 2013

From the moment we arrived the three guys that run the place were so friendly and welcoming. The location is perfect if you want a quiet holiday, and the food is excellent. We are picky about food, but we found it absolutely brilliant. The only downside to this place is that there is a huge amount of slugs that make their way into the rooms and slime all over everything - your bags, clothes, bedding... We were obliterated by mosquitoes, in the morning and night as it is still slightly in rainy season, it would have been good if they'd have supplied mosquito coils. The main issue for us was that we had a lot of rats come into the room at night, which was obviously not good. The roof is open to the outside, so there is no way of stopping them. Reading other reviews it is obviously not a common problem, and I would still recommend this place.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank traveller1112013
Reviewed 28 July 2013

My first impression as we walked in with our family, was "oh man, what have I done". We were greeted by a few people who were shirtless, tattooed and were what i would call, "land pirates". First impressions can be very wrong. While i started off a little tense that something bad might happen, it was a very short while before i let my daughter go play with the cook in the kitchen where I couldn't see her.
My wife and I brought our daughters (1.5 and 3.5 years old) here in March 2013. Our place was the furthest from the beach, but the biggest one, the whale room. By furthest from the beach, I mean a 40 second walk to the water, closest to the road, which is nice for those who crave ice cream as there is a 7/11 just at the end of the driveway, but you cant hear it or see it, you feel like you are at the beach, you are much closer to the water than the road, don't let me steer you wrong. The mosquito nets were different than the ones in the photos, and they didn't have any holes, so they must change them as needed. After 3 weeks backpacking with the kids, this is the place that I remember as being the most relaxing. it sounds a little funny that the place built out of concrete with the open ceilings, and mosquito nets would be so relaxing, but it was. When I was there, I ate every meal i could at fishermans cottage, and now that i am home, I still wish i could eat every meal there. I loved it, i would love to go back, and I would, if it wasn't in Ko Lanta. The island itself is very sleepy. Having come just from Phi Phi and stayed on the beach watching fire shows, Lanta was a little slow for me. This is where people who are travelling for a year come when they want the relaxing part of their holiday. we like adventure. Maybe that is why fishermans cottage was the best part of ko lanta for me.

Room Tip: Any room is good, just stop at the 7/11 and get a package of mosquito coils, the rooms are well vent...
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 July 2013 via mobile

One of the best and most memorable stays on our journey through thailand. great staff, thank you kun, lab and waterlemon man, superb fresh kitchen, clean rooms and the best open air bathroom we have ever had! Go there, unwind and enjoy!!!

• Stayed: November 2012
Reviewed 30 June 2013

This it THE best place in Koh Lanta. My friend and I travelled in Thailand for a month, and we stayed at Fisherman's for about two weeks - we couldn't leave! The bungalows are beautiful and aside anything else you'll find, we loved the outdoor bathrooms and the feeling of not living in a small 'mini-house-western-style' with aircon and such. The birds, flowers as well of the setting is absolutely fantastic.
When all these nice things are said, the best thing is definately the three guys running this place, I've never been treated with more kindness and coolness than here - thank you guys for a great experience (your margarithas are fab!), we were truly sorry to leave! Hopefully I'll be back with my boyfriend and his family this christmas:)
Hope you are all well - best regards Anna from Denmark.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank annafromcopenhagen
Reviewed 12 April 2013

this place is definitely a bit rough and ready. great spot off the main road, very nice (if rocky) beach and great service from Kun, Lap and the others.
this was our first stop after a week in Bangkok and sitting in the lounge area, watching the sea and drinking a cold chang beer was a blissfully relaxing change from the hustle and bustle of the big city.
the rooms are basic but fairly comfortable- well apart from the mossies (my husband was bitten 27 times on his back one night :o( ) and the lack of air conditioning (which did become a bit of a pain after 4 days). the beach bars are certainly noisy and earplugs didn't make much difference at night. still, if you want chilled out (practically horizontal) staff on an easygoing clean beach and don't mind rooms not being cleaned during your stay- this place is great.
the sunsets were the best we saw in Thailand, the fish specials are highly recommended and if you can bag a hammock (gobsmacked to see some people reserving them with their towels- not cool!), and chill under the trees.... wish I was back there now.
highly recommended.

Room Tip: we had barracuda- nice sea view
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank vexed77
Reviewed 6 April 2013

What a lovely place, everything you need you will find here, The Fisherman cottage is cosy, relaxed, clean and very classy place to stay on Koh Lanta...the huts are located in beautifull greenery, the open air bathroom in the bungalow was something from what we were really amazed ... well done and thank You !!!!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple