“Rude staff, bed bugs, poor wifi”

Kantiang Bay View Resort
Ranked #164 of 232 Speciality Lodging in Ko Lanta
Reviewed 6 July 2014

We booked this place in phi phi through a shop that knows all about koh lanta. This place is one of the worst iv stayed in during travelling so far. The staff mainly the females where ridiculously rude and where not helpful in the slightest. I stayed for three nights and I was eaten alive every night, I even found ants and bed bugs in my bed! Can only get wifi in the dinning area. Yes right on the beach but poor location as there's nothing to do around. The hotel has no,equipment to hire either.

On the other hand, why not bar is really nice and the staff are amazing. Really gets everyone involved and make it fun for a quiet bar.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends

Reviewed 1 April 2014

Bungalow was nice but we had the 'honeymoon' suite and paid accordingly. However, ants found any food/drink you had not put in airtight containers/fridge very quickly and there were hundreds of them. Reception staff not very welcoming. Toilets had a bad sewer smell. Beach lovely. Good restaurants in other hotels as well as this resort so options, live music every night, good atmosphere. Great massages relatively cheaply onsite.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 March 2014

Visited many islands off Thailand at similar cost to this place. Recommended by a trip advisor woman in phi phi. With lots of made up posters on the wall! We expressed we wanted somewhere with beautiful scenery, quiet so we could relax with a few bars and restaurants near by. She recommended this hotel as paradise and bay as beautiful and we would never want to leave! We stayed for 1 hour and left!!!!!! Immediately felt depressed when we arrived. Beach not pretty...rocks everywhere. Could have been on any average beach anywhere in world.Hardly the idyllic setting we imagined! Staff lying all over the place...lazy! Hotel should be advertised as a hostel not a hotel. Just untidy and not well kept. Rubbish all over the place. Rooms standard but Toilet all wet with someone's urine!Ordered some food. Food ok but sauces all stuck in tray like they had never been cleaned. I didn't want to waste any of my holiday here so we just left! In comparison to other hotels at this price around Thailand it needs to sort itself out! Find another hotel or even another bay!

• Stayed: March 2014
Reviewed 21 March 2014

The only thing good about this resort was the beds.
The service was less then average. Our lights did not work in our room. The other room the A/C didn't work. Took them a long time to figure out the light bulbs were bad. It was expensive for what was offers & no money has been put back into it. We stayed 2 nights before moving to a different hotel.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 March 2014 via mobile

I have been travelling for 3 months and I know what to expect for my money. This was poor. We payed £40 per night for this place.
DO NOT TRUST THE "LANTA SPECIALIST LADY IN PHI PHI WITH THE POSTERS AND CAT.
She tried to charge us 500 baht more per night.
She told us we were getting a brand new bungalow that opened out onto the beach.
When we got there they put us in the older style bungalow which was horrid. We found the newer builds and got them to move us.
We got into the room and the bathroom was full off ants crawling everywhere so we couldnt leave toiletries in there and the doors left a big gap when shut. (All were the same)
We went to reception to complain and they gave us a bottle of bug spray to use ourselves. The next day they hadn't even cleaned the bathroom so I complained again. A lady came and was incredibly rude.
(Still ants everywhere)
You could just about see the sea through the trees and number of bungalows in the way.

And they don't tell you there are dangerous wild monkeys running round the "resort" so your stuck in your room at times and have to check it's ok when coming back.

Beach was very rocky by hotel you have to walk round to the other end where it is nicer and can only watch the sunset from there.

Only hotel on the beach that doesn't supply sunbeds.

Also very strong smell of petrol when sitting in their restaurant and walking through to the beach from the fire show they do at night which sent me lightheaded a lot of the time.

I have never known such rude staff, the women were vile especially the manager. Not a nice lady.
Not even a thankyou when we arrived or left.
It's like they have your money so they don't care.
I wouldnt ever go back or recommend anyone to stay there.

• Stayed: March 2014
Reviewed 4 March 2014

Stayed four nights in one of the bay view suites. Not much of a view. Fairly nice room with a good covered porch.the accommodation is a mix of new buildings and falling down huts. I can't really fault the room we had although there are better places for the same amount further up the island. The beach was disappointing. Only we could only swim at high tide as when the tide was out the beach was a sea of boulders. The bar next door (which was a lot of fun) has fire shows every night and the spilled fuel from it pervades in the resteraunt (which is not very good). The biggest complaint is the staff. Very unfriendly. You could smile and say good morning and they would look right through you. Very unhelpful. I wouldn't recommend this place. Much better places on the island .

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 March 2014

After travelling all around Thailand we had grown to love the Thai people...unfortunately we could not say the same for the staff here. Rude, hostile and bad mannered are my nicest words to describe them. First problem was the roof being rebuilt above our room starting at 7:45 (which staff refused to believe until i brought them to the room). We got over this as we decided to go to the beach. When we returned in the afternoon we discovered all our clothes, bags and belongings covered in dust from the roof work above our ceiling. Staff walked away and ignored us when we confronted them about this. Eventually we were told to check out of the hotel if we had a problem. One night here was more than enough and we found nicer accommodation nearby. We received no apology ( I heard a faint sorry after we left and I told them I would give a bad review on trip advisor) I would be writing all day if I had to describe how rude staff were. The rest of the accommodation in Kantiang bay looks beautiful but the same cannot be said for this run down, insect riddled "resort".
DO NOT STAY HERE!