We had booked to stay at Mook Lanta for seven nights but ended up staying for 11. We were disappointed with the crowds, noise and filth of Patong, Phuket, so we headed to Ko Lanta three days early. When I first sent an email to Mook Lanta, asking if they could accommodate us early, Mellisa replied saying they were full till the second day we'd be there but that we should come anyway, as she'd see what she could do and would at least help us find a place to stay elsewhere, if necessary. When we arrived, Nick greeted us warmly and offered us each a complimentary drink, which we much appreciated especially because it was a hot day. Luckily for us, another couple decided to leave one day early. Mellisa juggled some of the future guests so that we could stay in the same bungalow for the whole time.
We stayed in a garden view villa with fan, hot shower, queen-sized bed and deck with two chairs and hammock. Although the room was basic, it was clean and comfortable. At night, it cooled down substantially, so we didn't even use the fan. During the day, it got quite hot but we spent our time on our deck or at the nearby beach. There was a gap between the ceiling and upper walls of our bathroom but, the whole time we were there, we noticed only one bug and it was easily washed down the shower drain. All bungalows are surrounded by flowering gardens, so we often smelled jasmine and heard many different songbirds. Also, about half a dozen chickens, three friendly dogs and a laid-back cat live on the premises.
Mellisa was very helpful about activities and beaches for us to visit, Nick gave useful suggestions about getting to Bangkok from Ko Lanta, and the other staff all were friendly and happy to help us. They printed several documents for us and booked our transportation to Trang airport and our cooking lesson at Time for Lime.
We opted for the breakfast included with our daily fee, so in addition to coffee and orange juice, we had three options each morning: eggs, bacon and white toast, eggs, ham and white toast, or yogurt , muslix and banana. Other options were available at extra cost.
We were a two minute walk from Long Beach, which is beautiful, shallow and not crowded. Also, we walked to many different restaurants for our lunches and dinners. Next door was Sita Massage, where they gave wonderful massages on the beach for 300 baht (the standard fee for Ko Lanta). And we were about a 15-minute walk to the Lanta Animal Welfare, where we went to help by cuddling their rescued cats and walk their rescued dogs.
We found the free Wi-Fi to be very slow and couldn't access it from our room most of the time, but that forced us to spend more time enjoying our time there instead of getting immersed with emails and Facebook.
Overall, we very much enjoyed our time at Ko Lanta, and Mook Lanta contributed to that. It is not a luxury resort but is pretty, friendly, in a good location, and safe.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mook Lanta Eco Resort, offers beautiuful Thai style bungalows in a picturesque secluded gardens. Located on the most popular beach of Phra Ae (Long Beach) we are close to all that Koh Lanta has to offer. Our bungalows range from large family air conditioned bungalows through to inexpensive fan Bungalows. We have Free Wifi throughout the resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Alpha Holidays Limited, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Hotels.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Ebookers so you can book your Mook Lanta Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mook Lanta Boutique Hotel Ko Lanta
- Mook Lanta Boutique Resort And Spa
- Mook Lanta Boutique Ko