“You NEED to bring a lady here!!”
Review of Mook Lanta Resort

Mook Lanta Resort
Ranked #16 of 84 Hotels in Ko Lanta
Reviewed 26 March 2014

I was incredibly impressed with this resort. Beautiful place!!! The rooms were incredibly clean and beautiful. A perfect balance of modern and rustic Thai feel. The beach is a short 3 min walk away and is at the southern rocky end which is great because gives you a chance to start at one end and walk to the other if you want. Don't let the rockiness bother you, if you walk 5 mins down the beach it becomes soft and swimming is good :)
The owners were the nicest hotel owners I have ever met. Very personable and down to earth!
I spent 3 days here and would have stayed more if I was not alone. But coming from Phuket and coming here was fantastic. It's a totally chilled out location... quiet, very low amount of people around but enough to not feel isolated. Always room on the beach to relax and just an all around great place for the soul :)

Jay W.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank BuAkAW U
DiverLis, Owner at Mook Lanta Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2014

Wow Jay, what a lovely review, I am only disappointed that we are unable to provide you with a lady to ensure you enjoyed your stay to the fullest! ;-)

Seriously, thank you for the review, we greatly appreciate it and you are right about the beach, the best little bar, for sunset, is right by us on the beach but if you need a big expanse of sandy beach we have over 3km to enjoy!

Come back soon, next time with a lady!

Reviewed 25 March 2014

We stayed at Mook Lanta for 4 nights and had a wonderful time. Unfortunately, my parner fell ill on the first night and in the morning the couple that run the report couldn't have been more helpfull and even offered to drive us to the doctors should it be needed! We stayed in an aircon room and it was lovely, very clean, spacious and excellent air conditioning! The resort is situated only a couple of mins from a quite part of the beach, which when the tide is in is absolutely stunning. When the tide is out, it is quite rocky but you can walk further along Long Beach to find an area for swimming. All in all, great stay and highly recommended.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your lovely review and I am glad your partner is feeling better now. It is always worth asking the owners of the resort if you have health issues, as we are aware of the most common illnesses guests have when they come to Thailand for the first time and we can offer some simple advice on what to do to ease any problems and we can advise about good doctors on the island (not those that are just looking to spend your insurance money).

Reviewed 23 March 2014

We had a great 4 days here as part of my 40th birthday celebration.

Having stayed in a few bungalows right on the beach front earlier on in the holiday, it was initially disappointing in that respect. However there aren't many places right on the beach here and it had a pleasant garden and the beach was literally a minute's walk away anyway so it worked out well. You could also walk up and along the road to find many bars and restaurtants.

The beach itself is pleasant, plenty of room to find a quiet spot which we did most days and had a very relaxing lazy time

It was good value for money and had a nice little bar. The hosts were exceptionally helpful and friendly. They gave great advice and were nice to talk to and make the place what it is. It was a pleasure to stay there.

The air con in the bungalow seemed powerful although I don't think the gaps in the door leading to the bathroom helped it's efficiency. The bathroom itself was average but did the trick. The bed was a bit on the hard side so have a few beers before bedtime to help initiate slumber

Oveall a lovely stay and recommend to anyone looking for good affordable accomodation

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Thanks Angillo for your lovely review, I always said the Welsh were lovely people ;-)

You are right on so many points, we are seconds from the beach, which really isn't a problem for most people and we have the best little sunset bar nearby. We are close to many many bars, restaurants and shops on the beach and in the village itself.

I am glad you found us helpful, we do really try to ensure we make your stay a good as possible.

Reviewed 23 March 2014

We had a wonderful relaxing week in The Mook Lanta: We had booked a 'VIP' 2 bedroom villa and a normal villa and were made most welcome by the English owners [particularly Melissa] who made it really easy to have a good time by being prepared to organise any trips/visits/bike hire etc:

OK - if you like chocolates on your pillow and a 'soul-less' big chain hotel then this isn't the place for you - but if you want a place to be made to feel 'at home' and be able to totally 'chill-out' in comfortable rooms where you can sit on your personal veranda and watch the sun go down, then this is perfect!

Location excellent, with the beach on your doorstep and restaurants and bars within easy reach [try Mr Wee's and the Red Snapper - for good food in great settings!] :

I'd really recommend the Mook Lanta and would certainly use it again:

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Alan P

Thank you Alan for a lovely and honest review, we really try to impress on people that we are not a 5 star resort but we are a lovely 3 star resort with basic accommodation in a good location with awesome staff, beautiful gardens and we, the owners, want to do everything we can do, to make your stay enjoyable. Hell there is nothing worse than miserable guests!

Make sure you come back again!

Reviewed 22 March 2014

I stayed here for about 2 weeks and can highly recommend Mook the aircon rooms are really nice large bed fridge all you need with a balcony you can use. As for the shower it is not outside like some reviews say it’s a wet room which is part of the bungalow, you room is cleaned daily.
The whole resort is very clean and the staff are nice.
The owners Nick and Melissa can not do enough for you and will help you with what ever you need booking trips, onward travel etc they really do care and have lots of local knowledge. I had a puncture on my bike and Nick came and picked me and the bike up how’s that for help and going the extra mile
As for noise which some people have commented on I must admit I never noticed any you are near a road and the beach and at night noise does travel but as I said I never noticed any
The bar has some locals and friends of the owners they make you feel welcome as well you feel like you are staying with friends.
I would genuinely recommend this resort I have travelled a lot in Thailand and this really is one of if not the best places I have stayed in.

As for some of the not so good reviews people have put up well it just proves you can’t please everyone and that some people are not happy unless they are moaning

I can’t wait to stay again.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo

Hi Mike

Thanks for the lovely review and thank you for clarifying our bathroom situation. I think, judging by what some people say to me when they arrive, that they are expecting to be showering in our garden in front of the other guests and nothing could be further from the truth. Our buildings are wooden and in the humid climate here, enclosed bathrooms would start to have a mouldy smell!

So our bathrooms are open for a few inches at the top, no one can see you but it means the rooms do not become damp and smelly. Personally I love the freshness that this provides to the room.

Hopefully see you back soon

Nick & Mellisa

Reviewed 15 March 2014

Great resort at Long beach with clean, nice rooms (fan or aircon available, hot shower).
It's a 2 minute walk to the beach at a quiet part of Long Beach. Far away enough from the main town to not be bothered by the noise, but still close enough to get there easily whenever you feel like it (10 minutes with bike or tuk-tuk).
The owners Mellisa & Nick are always there for you and can organize trips (diving, island-tours) etc.
In the evening its nice to relax at the bar with a cool Leo beer.

Highly recommend!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
DiverLis, Owner at Mook Lanta Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2014

Ah my little Ralfy, an absolute pleasure to have you stay with us and I really hope you do it again.

Missing you loads

Reviewed 11 March 2014

We stayed in one of the air conditioned villas and it was a great base from which to see the rest of Koh Lanta.

Mook Lanta is nestled in between the beach and the main road, so there's always something to see or do within easy walking distance.

The service from the whole team was the highlight, the best we'd received in Thailand. Thank you! We loved the relaxed vibe of Koh Lanta, so we'll be back again!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Thanks for such a lovely review, it was great talking to you about one of my favourite places Western Australia and I hope we have the chance to do it again.

Kindest regards