All reviews fan room air con long beach banana trees mosquito net free tea and coffee minute walk included in the room price great hosts hard beds the main road basic room relax bay phi phi explore the island tuk tuk rent a scooter
Reviewed 26 August 2018 via mobile

My boyfriend and I stayed here for 6 nights during our trip to Thailand and loved every minute of it! We stayed in one of the air con bungalows which was quite near the reception area. Mellisa and Nick do everything they can to make your stay as enjoyable as possible, they arranged our ferry tickets over to Phi Phi for when we were leaving, we hired a bike from them so we could go and explore the island for a couple of days. They also arranged a private longtail boat to do 4 islands tour on my boyfriends birthday which was fantastic! They day after his birthday was mine...! We got up and went for breakfast around 8.30 and not long after I noticed the lovely cleaning ladies going to do our room - I said to my boyfriend they’re in early we haven’t even gone out yet. He just shrugged and said oh well don’t worry about it,I wasn’t so carried on having breakfast. When we got back to the room I opened the door and to my surprise my boyfriend had arranged with Nick to have some flowers and champagne in the room for me and they had been in there making it look beautiful! Amazing!!!! As hosts they certainly do go above and beyond to ensure you have a great time! We often had a drink at the bar with them in the evening too before heading out.
Would 100% stay here again if we are ever back in Koh Lanta!

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
DiverLis, Owner at Mook Lanta Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thank you dirty dancer for your review,

The staff and I love to help you celebrate special occasions and have helped with many proposals, birthday celebrations, anniversaries and even a wedding.

I am glad we made your stay more enjoyable.

Reviewed 26 August 2018 via mobile

My preferred breakfast place on Koh Lanta. Good English breakfast with bacon and sausage and beans and toast and more served in a cozy and nice environment. Free WiFi and as much coffe as you can drink! Thanks Melissa and Nick!

// Raymond

Stayed: August 2018, travelled solo
DiverLis, Owner at Mook Lanta Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2018

Thank Raymond for that review, hopefully see you soon for another brekkie.

Nice to see you back on the island.

Nick & Mellisa

Reviewed 24 August 2018

We have been there for 2 weeks and we really enjoyed it! Nick and Melissa - the owner of this lovely resort - gave us a feeling of being part of the family. They are very friendly and we had lots of fun. Also the staff is very friendly! You can book Tours or a car - everything will be done for you.
We had a Bungalow with Aircondition, a little "house-gecko" who visited us sometimes.
And there was also Leo - the house-cat who loved to visit us, too! The only sound you could hear in the night was the sound of the djungle.... pure nature and I loved it.
Only a few meters lead you to a wonderful beach - and even to nice beach-bars.
If we ever come back to Ko Lanta - we will surely come to Mook Lanta Resort.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with friends

Thank you Margarethe68 for a lovely review.

I am glad you like our bungalows, our little geckos and even our little split-personality cat, Leo!

Hope to see you guys back soon!

Love & hugs

Reviewed 28 July 2018 via mobile

Stayed at mook lanta for 3 days. Its lovely picturesque eco village, with huts on stilts. The Rooms where a fair size, we had originally planned to stay in the standard room but due to the humidity we asked to upgrade to the deluxe Aircon room, which includes a slightly bigger room and bigger balcony. The room also included a TV and a safe, although we didn't use either of these. The staff where very helpful and friendly aswell and breakfast was very good, definitely worth the extra. The only thing I would remind people is as these are hurts in a wooded area the can get a bit noisy night, although it could also be soothing. Also don't be too surprised to see lizards, and crickets etc appear in your room, that's just part and parcel of eco huts

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple

Hi Anthony

Many thanks for your lovely review, and your comments are absolutely right.

Our fan rooms are not for everyone and some can find the humidity too much. The air con bungalow doesn't just have air con, but is a much prettier room and has more facilities (ie a safe and TV).

Geckos are a regular sight in our rooms and usually a welcome one because they eat mosquitoes and a totally harmless to humans.

You are also right that whilst we don't have the sounds of the road or parties, we can have noisy wildlife below, especially after the rain (this is a romantic time for frogs!) most find this a soothing sound, but others it can be noisy.

I hope we see you again

Kindest regards

Mellisa

Reviewed 19 July 2018 via mobile

We booked to stay at mook lanta for 4 nights whilst visiting koh lanta. The room we had, had a double bed and was in a cosy little individual bungalow on stilts (the only way I can describe it). we payed extra for air conditioning and it's a good thing we did, as it was boiling whilst we was there. The staff on arriving were so kind. They literally told us everything about the hotel and also the resort. They recommended places to eat, see and visit and we felt very comfortable as being first timers in a strange country can be quite nerve racking. The breakfast was included for us and every day I had the mook muffin with sausage. The best way to describe this is a posh McDonald's breakfast it it was delicious. On our last day we were picked up at 7am in the morning and they gave us our mook muffins to take away which was really kind (even though after 1hour boat to koh phi Phi it was all in the bottom of a plastic bag) but it was a nice gesture. They even got me a bottle of wine for my birthday and a card. Definitely well worth staying at if around koh lanta.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple

Hi Jennifer

I am glad you enjoyed our bungalow on stilts. This is a necessary design, because when it rains really heavily, the ground beneath can become a river.

Nick is so chuffed that you called the Mook Muffin the 'Posh McDonalds' that was his aim and I certainly agree whilst it is like the McMuffin it is a lot more tasty and filling.

Hope to see you for your next birthday.

Kindest regards