“Great place to stay on an amazing island”

Eurolanta White Rock Resort
Ranked #53 of 84 Hotels in Ko Lanta
Chilliwack, Canada
“Great place to stay on an amazing island”
Reviewed 8 February 2013 via mobile

We were thrilled to find this place after being told by our taxi that everything was sold on on klong nin beach... The rooms are clean, big, great shower. The only downfall is if you have noisy neighbors; just bring ear plugs to Thailand if you're a light sleeper. Everything is noisy! The service here is amazing. They are so kind at reception, and even the cleaners are always smiling. Good value, across from a great beach.

• Stayed February 2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
  • Czech first
Kajaani, Finland
Reviewed 4 February 2013

We stayed White Rock 4 nights. We just happened to go there, if their had any free rooms and the lady at the reception was so nice and let us saw their free bungalows. We thought the place were so nice and quiet that we came back a day after and made a reservation for next four nights.
Koh Lanta was so awesome, nice and holiday was so relaxing. Food was amaizing, especially in restaurant called beach bar. Nice restaurants were close to the hotel, straight to the right and 5 minutes walk.. There were also french cafe and ice cream place near by, home made ice cream was awsome!

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Maitai_13
Helsinki, Finland
Reviewed 26 January 2013

I was booked for nine nights in this quite nice bungalow hotel. Slept there well, had some mornings breakfast, some evenings gin tonic. Fairly standard. The personnel was extremely helpful and made me feel at home. I would say they were the best in the hotel.The bungalows had each, or at least where I stayed, two rooms. If you wanted one could hear everything that was going on at the neighbors. By nature I am not interested in the neighbors things.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank pikajunaturkuun
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 January 2013

To make a very long story short....we arrived on New Years Eve to be told that there was no rooms for us, though I'd pre-booked and more importantly paid for a 10 night stay back in Oct.

It transpired that we had a Thai v Swede ownership feud to deal with!

Thai owner (Min) was more than willing to share video footage of the Swede owner (Karin) being arrested a few days ago and happy to show us photos of the injuries she had got from Karin.
I spoke to Karin and she told me that she would give me a full refund on Jan 2nd when the banks opened. In the meantime Min put us in a very depressing hotel 'Dreamteam' for 2 nights- avoid!

On the 2nd Jan we met with Karin at the bank in Saladan, she then basically held my money to ransom until we went to the police station to sign a document (in Thai!!) to say we wouldn't press charges against her for stealing me money. This took the best part of the day to deal with the Thai police- not my idea of a holiday!

Min then put us up in White Rock for the rest of our stay, though she did try to charge us for our 'complimentary' stay at Dreamteam at an inflated cost to us.

I don't know who to believe and what was going on between the owners and frankly I don't care, I just want to enjoy my holiday!!

On the plus side, our delux bungalow we stayed in was great, lovely big bed, nice and clean.

The resort is across the road from the beach but only a couple of mins walk away. The bar was very quiet but there are plently of other bars to choose from. There is a massive pool at the back of the resort but it does lack character and only a couple of sun beds.
The restaurant staff were really friendly, especially one girl who sings all the time-great way to start the day! and breakfast is good.
Don't book a airport transfer with them its really overpriced at 2800 Thai Bhat, we took the boat back to Krabi for 300 Thai Baht!!

Room Tip: Go for the rooms on the left of the resort.
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Wendy G
Royal Tunbridge Wells, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 January 2013

We luckily stumbled upon this place in Klong Nin Beach which ended up making our entire holiday. The hotel is set across the road 1 minute walk to the beach in a nice quiet location, the bugalow style rooms have their own balcony to relax on in the mornings.

The rooms were spacious and clean. Air con and TV in the room, flowers on the bed. There is a great little outdoor bar for pre drinks before you hit the beach bars and if you don't feel like getting covered in sand there's a nice sized swimming pool tucked away at the back.

We were only going to stay 2 nights and move on but we ended up staying 6!!! The staff were absolutely brilliant and a special thanks to Mr Dean for making it such a memorable trip he made us feel right at home and was really helpful in helping us book various trips.

Room Tip: All the rooms were very similar and all are set back off the road.
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 September 2012

I had a fantastic stay at White Rock. My luxury bungalow was lovely. The room has a huge bed, hot shower, breakfast facilities and a beautiful balcony to sit on and have a morning coffee. The pool at the back of the resort is one of the biggest I have seen whilst travelling and going for an afternoon swim with the view of the hills and surrounding garden was my favorite part of the day. The night life at white rock was lots of fun. Always a load of people sat at the bar, and always somebody to chat with. The food in the restaurant was delicious and the huge choice of drinks available never left me disappointed. The two owners were a joy to meet and always made sure everything was ok. Nick the manager was always on hand to solve any problems I had, from finding a place to book diving, renting a bike or just fun things to do on the island. Nothing was too much. I will miss this place loads and can’t wait to come back next year. Thank you!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
Ko Lanta, Thailand
Reviewed 22 August 2012

Koh Lanta is a great secret hideaway in Thailand's low season, but White Rock resort, based in Klong Nin, offers tranquillity, a lively restaurant, friendly faces and great, great value for money. I stayed here for a few nights and took full advantage of the pool, set in pretty gardens, the bar and restaurant. The rooms are clean and well maintained and offered much better value that other accommodation on other islands.

Big thank you to all the lovely staff for making me feel so welcome and the 2 lovely Swedish owners for showing me great hospitality x

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends