“Very nice bungalow, but maybe not the best at low season”

Time For Lime Bungalows
Ranked #17 of 146 Ko Lanta B&B and Inns
Seoul, South Korea
“Very nice bungalow, but maybe not the best at low season”
Reviewed 21 August 2011

My girlfriend and I stayed in a Time for Lime bungalow during the Koh Lanta low season, August 2011. The bungalow seemed to be recently constructed and was extremely clean and nice, with air conditioning, a queen-size bed, mosquito net, shower with hot water, spacious room. I can't imagine having a nicer bungalow.

However, because this was the low season, we were the only guests at the place. Water currents were washing trash from Koh Phi Phi over to Koh Lanta, and because of it being low season, there was no incentive for Time for Lime (or any other hotel/resort) to clean their beaches. Also, some staff seemed as if they were using low season as an excuse to just hang out but not actually do anything at work, and we felt like we were invading their fun time. To be fair, though, other staff seemed happy to help us. We stayed for only one night, although we had planned to stay for three.

I write this not to fault Time for Lime, but to let prospective guests know: If you plan to stay on Koh Lanta during the low season, write the hotel to inquire about the status of the beach. Or, don't make a reservation, because there's no need.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank papertowel27

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Den Burg, The Netherlands
Reviewed 15 August 2011

After travelling through Thailand for a few weeks we landed on Ko Lanta and booked a bungalow at Time for Lime. We were planning on staying for just a few days and we ended up staying the whole week. We loved it. The people at Time For Lime gave us a warm welcome and the bungalows were clean and comfy, just a short 1 minute walk from the beach. We loved all the animals too....

Room Tip: Great off season packages!
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Rene v
Reviewed 14 April 2011

We stayed here much longer than we originally planed. The staff and the teachers of the cooking classes made us feel very at home. Many of the other cookig classes on the island offer cheaper classes but at the price of quality. This was the the only place in our four months of riding that we stayed at for more than three days. I you go here know that it is at the end of klao dong beach. Easy walk to long beach and easy access to great food. Check out the Luguna Surf school for some paddle board lessons. Couldnt find nicer folks anywhere.

• Stayed April 2011
foodiefreak, Owner at Time For Lime Bungalows, responded to this review, 27 April 2011
Always nice to have guests like you ;o) Welcome back any time!

We will be closed for one months in May, open again in June

take care,
Junie
Reviewed 12 March 2011

Took a ride in a tuk-tuk from our hotel to the other side of the bay for only 200 baht, door-to-door.
When we got there we
Were welcomed and were offered a table up or downstairs.. The waitress asked us if it was our first time and as it was explained about the tasting menu to us.. We all ordered the tasting menu but as 1 of our party didn't like seafood and another didn't like spicy food they altered the dishes with no problem.
The food that we received were amaizing and on par with any top class resteraunt, although the portions were small by the time we Finnished we were all full (after 6 courses including pudding, who wouldn't be!) but if not they offer spring rolls!! We also had a few
Rounds of cocktails (moijto's to die for!!) at the end the bill for four of us was only 3,300 baht (£67)..
They also have a chill-out area next
Door with hammocks to just laze-away the hours on the beach.. Enjoyed it so much we're going back tonight for cocktails...

• Stayed March 2011
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 February 2011

I travelled around Thailand for 4 weeks in February 2011. I visited 5 islands and can confidently say that Ko Lanta was my favourite- staying at Time for Lime Bungalows was the main reason why.

Two friends recommended Time for Lime to me, as they had visited a few years ago. They said it was amazing and had a great restaurant, a cookery school, lots of gorgeous cats and dogs and, most importantly, the best mojito you will ever taste. They were correct on all counts. The extra added bonus of staying there is that all profits go towards Lanta Animal Welfare Centre which the owner, Junie, founded.

I stayed for 7 nights and can happily say that i experienced everything Time for Lime has to offer. Within 2 hours of arriving i was helping walk the dogs along the beach at sunset, followed by a well deserved mojito (or two)! I also visited the Animal Welfare Centre and volunteered for the day to experience the amazing and much needed work the do there.

The bungalows are beautiful. There are 8 and each one is found behind the restaurant. Every bungalow has ensuite toilet and shower facilities, fridge and either AC or oscillating fan and your very own hammock for ultimate relaxation. There are no TVs but even this wasn't a drawback for a media junkie like me. The free wifi is very good and available 24 hours.

May on reception can organise any day trip you like and arrange transfers to and from Time for Lime. The staff are wonderfully friendly, generous and helpful- led by Junie, your host.

I have included a few photos of my Time for Lime experience and have also reviewed the fantastic Cookery classes and restaurant. Don't be put off if your aren't as much of an animal person as I am. I was missing my pets at home and travelling alone so i spent LOTS of time with Junie's feline and canine residents- you don't have to.

If i could i would go back today and stay indefinitely. Do yourself a favour and stay at Time for Lime- you really won't regret it and it will enrich your life.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank GeriOD
Durban, South Africa
Reviewed 17 February 2011

As a solo traveller I was very pleased with this place, I did not have to worry, or fuss. From the minute I stepped onto the terrace I could relax. The staff was very friendly and efficient, the food was the best ( I tried other restaurants and nothing was as authentic). My bungalow was cleaned everyday, I lacked nothing. The premises were relaxed and comforting - I lacked nothing.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank candace15
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 3 November 2010

Klong Dao beach isn't the prettiest so if you've come from a stunning Thailand beach previously you'll be disappointed. Time for Lime bungalows made up for this by being very comfortable. Rooms are great and very clean. The free breakfasts were a major plus and its very convenient having that choice. A short walk up the beach are many places to choose from for eating out. The Time for Lime restaurant doesn't do suppers but the lunch menu was decent. The owner is responsible for starting the Lanta Animal Welfare organization so there are a few cats and dogs that adopt you during you stay. If you like animals then its great and if not then avoid. The dogs do tend to bark a little at night and could keep you up.

I'd definitely stay here again.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple