“Amazing Stay!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ko Lanta
Time For Lime Bungalows
Ranked #16 of 157 Ko Lanta B&B and Inns
Reviewed 15 May 2014

A couple friends and I arrived in Ko Lanta on a whim with no place in mind to stay. We ended up staying at Time for Lime and I think we made the best choice possible! Even our tuk-tuk driver said it was the top place to stay. We we greeted by super friendly and accommodating staff, plenty of super cute pups and cat and even a welcome mojito! It was great. The bungalows are all you need for a great stay on the island and were a great price. There's an amazing bar and restaurant with some of the best drinks I had in Thailand and an amazing view of the ocean. My friend and I walked the dogs one beautiful evening and went for a dip in the warm water. We had a great stay - thanks Time for Lime!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
foodiefreak, Owner at Time For Lime Bungalows, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2014

Dear Jamie,
Thanks for staying at our bungalows at Time for Lime and your great review. It’s great to hear the local tuk-tuk drivers are giving us good reviews. I am pleased you enjoyed our mojitos!
Thanks SO much for taking time to walk some of our rescue dogs, they do appreciate some extra loving care.
Kind regards and a big thank you,
From Junie the owner, the rest of the Time For Lime team, and the animals you help to support by visiting us.

PS. To future guests: If you would like to stay with us, you will have to book directly through our web-site, as we do NOT want pay an extra fee to other online booking hotel web-sites to book for us. You can find easily our prices and book via our web site so max money goes to the charity Lanta Animal Welfare.

Reviewed 1 May 2014

This boutique resort is situated on the longest and most popular beach in Krabi. It is tranquil and relaxing. A fantastic location close to the market place and many restaurants outside. The staffs in the resort are warm, friendly and helpful. The only thing about them is they are not really good at recommending stuff to do outside the resort. When asked recommended places to eat, etc. They usually refer to the resort itself. Tides restaurant in the resort is right in the beach, great for breakfast or romantic dinner. They also have a lovely bar by the beach to watch the sunset.
What I really like about this resort is that it is adults only. Just perfect for a quiet time for those traveling alone!

Dear Valerine,
So sorry, but you have not stayed with us! Wish you would have though ;o)
You have stayed at LAYANA RESORT AND SPA.
Layana Resort is great, for adults! The cost is 10 times or more than with us. And no comparison with prices or standard!

We do have a great restaurant here at Time for Lime where many Layana guests come to eat. Because of our high TripAdvisor reviews.

Kind regards,
From Junie the owner, the rest of the Time For Lime team, and the animals you help to support by visiting US.

Reviewed 30 April 2014

I have travelled around Thailand for 5 months and Time for Lime was the only place that was too good to leave. We (me and my spouse) ended up staying for two weeks in a fan bungalow instead of one week. In April it gets hot, so for most people I recommend taking an air con bungalow during the hotter months.

We are 35-year old backpackers who prefer bungalows and stay in dorms only in expensive countries. Our bungalow in Time for Lime on April was 500 bahts a night in then end of April (790 b in high season) and that was a cheap price for such a well-kept guest house in such an expensive island. There was a serve-yourself breakfast included (juices, fruits, muesli and cereal and toast, eggs etc). You can help yourself taking instant coffee all day long. Guests can fill up their water bottles for free - reduces plastic garbage!

From little details I could see that Time for Lime is well concepted and designed, which is unusual for guest houses in this price scale. There was space to put our clothes hanging and on a shelf. The table and chair were in front of a window facing the garden. I spent a lot time writing inside the bungalow escaping the heat. Wifi worked well. There was a hammock and a bench in the terrace. A bed is good when you don´t notice it and I didn´t, so it was too soft or too hard. I liked the extra long pillow that I could tuck on my side during sleep.

Most of nights we took a cat or two (even three of them) inside our room. The cats living in Time for Lime walk free during the day, but for their safety they are put in little huts during nights. It is fun for the cats sleep in bungalows for change and most of them love cuddling! We were a bit lazy and didn´t walk much the dogs that stay at Time for Lime. We went a couple for times to the Lanta Animal Welfare´s shelter to cuddle with the dogs and cats and walk the dogs there.

The main reason for me to come to Time for Lime is that all its profits a given to Lanta Animal Welfare´s shelter for stray dogs and cats. This is a wonderful concept which unfortunately all tourists, other entrepeneurs and locals don´t understand. It´s a guest house, cooking school and restaurant that exists for common good. It helps animals, gives jobs to people and a place to stay and work for volunteers. And it´s a possibility for tourists to stay in a place and support a good cause.

It is a pity that the restaurant serves only spring rolls and tasting menu, because I wouldn´t have dined anywhere else. Fortunately there were okay beach restaurants Asylum and Koala Bar near (the vegetarian restaurant Kunda is too far to walk). And you could have nice mojito, amaretto sour and lemon grass margarita at the good-looking bar.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank reissaustajaruokaa
foodiefreak, Owner at Time For Lime Bungalows, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2014

Dear Guest,
It was a great pleasure to have you here! Many of the rescue kitties were also so happy to get some extra attention and loving care.
A big thanks and "Meow" from the kitties!

I wish I had spent more time with you.
Was a bit sad to hear about our restaurant. Me and the other staff should have communicated more. For guest who stay here, you can order a main dish from the tasting menu. I'm truly sorry this was not informed.

Hope to see you both again another time.
We really appreciate your time for writing this kind review.

Reviewed 28 April 2014

Time for Lime is a really beautiful place!
We stayed in a no A/c bungalow for 6 nights in April and had a really lovely time!
The main restaurant and bar are right on the beach which makes for a lovely time to have a drink and watch the sunset, or watch the Paddleboarders getting around in the early morning.
Time for Lime is paired with Lanta animal welfare which takes in stray animals from the island and rehabilitates and re-homes them! At the resort there are little cat houses in between each of the bungalows and they encourage you to connect with the animals and they can even stay in your room with you if you like. This is a good way for people to get to know animals and adopt them I guess. You can also help take the dogs for a walk each morning and afternoon!
The staff were great! Though we did notice that the Thai staff that worked there sort of kept to themselves and didn't really want to know you.
Jack, Higa and Marina were absolute gems and really made our time there really great! Very helpful and friendly!
Junie, the owner always seemed quite distant to us and wasn't very polite, never made conversation and always awkwardly avoided conversation unless it was about cats.
Not what I would expect from the owner of such a beautiful place!
Did the cooking school on a wednesday night! Had a lot of fun and it was a great way to meet other travellers who are interested in similar things.
The Dinner menu at Time for Lime is a 6 course tasting menu, though I probably wouldn't recommend it. It was really tasty, though it was a little expensive (500bht), I thought, and the meals come out at very varied times, so sitting there for an hour and a half nibbling on fairly small portions did not quite satisfy my appetite at the end of the night.
Other than those few little things, we had a really great time. I would recommend getting an A/C room though! It does get quite hot in the bungalows!

Room Tip: Make sure you pay the little bit more and go with Aircon!
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo

Dear Harry,
Thanks for staying with us at Time for Lime and your great review. As you know all of our profits go to Lanta Animal welfare and we certainly get lots of animal lovers staying at Time for Lime. Thanks for your kind comments on our international volunteers, I will pass on your kind words.
I am obviously very passionate about animals, and so sorry I didn’t get time to speak to you as much that you would prefer, unfortunately there is allot to do for me both with running Time for Lime and Lanta Animal Welfare.
I designed the 6 DISH TASTING MENY for guests to try new foods, which does take about 1,5 hour. The menu comes out in a rotating order, hence the strange order.
By the way, those who stay with us get to choose if they want the full tasting menu, or just order a full main dish from the daily menu.
April is the hottest month of the year in south Thailand, so yes I agree, go for the Air Con if you are not used to the hot climate!

Reviewed 29 March 2014

I wholeheartedly agree with bexiow's review from January 2014. I was initially attracted to the Time for Lime bungalows because of the great work they do for animals on the island in need, and we were also signed up for Time for Lime's cooking class (which we totally loved). We stayed here 4 nights during our honeymoon, and had we not pre-paid for our bungalow, we would have left after the first night.

The things we liked: cats hanging around the bungalow, air-con worked well, the location was towards the quieter end of the beach away from the more-swim-able parts of the beach, the staff (while a little spacey) were helpful, the landscaping around Time for Lime was very nicely done, the bar (when it was open) had nice cocktails and cheap beer, breakfast offerings were nice, but similar to what you would find if you were in a hostel (instant coffee, fruit, bread and jam, cereal, hard-boiled eggs), and the airport transfers were reasonable.

The things we didn't like: bed and bedding were dreadful--one sheet and two rock-solid pillows on a limp mattress; I understand the island doesn't have the best plumbing, but the shower had poor/no water pressure and no curtain/containment within the bathroom (think showering on a boat); the room didn't have a safe; while we knew about the roadway behind the bungalows, the motorbikes at all hours of the day were louder than expected; you can sit on the bungalow porch, but the red stain on the wood also stained our clothes while we were sitting; the location was on the quieter end of the beach, but it was very rocky so you had to walk a bit down the beach if you wanted to swim.

So, I am conflicted. I wouldn't stay here again, and I couldn't in good faith recommend the sleeping accommodations to many friends of mine, but the animal welfare efforts Time for Lime support are very near and dear to my heart. The TFL website is clear about a lot of the issues we didn't enjoy here, and in retrospect, I should have been more realistic rather than optimistic about those warnings. I'd wholeheartedly recommend taking the cooking class at Time for Lime and sending donations for the work they do.

Room Tip: Request a bungalow with A/C. Rooms closer to the beach are further from the barking dogs.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
foodiefreak, Owner at Time For Lime Bungalows, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2014

Dear Lindsey,
Thank you for your good intentions for staying at our bungalows at Time for Lime.
Our bar is open from 3pm until late every day except Sundays when we are closed, which we do inform both on our web-site and also in the many, many e-mails we had with you in advance of your stay.
It’s a shame you didn’t like the interior of our bungalows, it clearly states on our website (as you mention) what we offer. If you would have let us know your concerns in advance, with the many e-mails, or when you were with us and we would have done our upmost to help.
If you want a higher standard, you do have to pay for it…
By the way, with normal tide the beach in front is great to swim in. If very low tide (depending on the time of year and the moon) yes there are some rocks. A few minutes away there is a rock free zone.
Dogs do bark sometimes. So sorry about that. But on the whole our rescue dogs are VERY well behaved, as 99% of our guests very happy about.
I am very pleased you enjoyed our cooking school, and hope you will be cooking up some great Thai food at home!

Kind regards

• Our Bungalows with Air-Con, will be closed for renovation from July to mid September 2014. We will have some Fan rooms available in this time
• Green Season Discounts still applies from May 1 - October 1: Stay 3 nights get 4th night free.

Reviewed 24 March 2014

Junie Kovacs came here 11 years ago and after seeing the plight of the animals on Ko Lanta, decided to stay. She created and runs Lanta Animal Welfare (LAW) which exists solely through the generous help of volunteer workers, donations and profits from the Time for Lime cooking school and restaurant. Thanks to LAW, 80% of the cats and dogs on Koh Lanta (over 6,000) have been vaccinated and sterilized. We are staying in one of Time for Lime's nine bungalows. There are 15 - 20 cats on the property, and if guests choose to, they can keep one in their bungalow - litter and litter box provided. After checking in we went on a desperate search to find that "special cat" that would be ours for a-week-and-a-half. We weren't halfway through the brood though, when Tipsy found us. She's a small tabby who stares at us almost full-time and never wants to leave our bungalow. All of the cats are plump and friendly. They roam freely during the day and are kept safe and sound at night in large "cat homes". Their homes are cleaned and scrubbed daily. The cats and dogs that need special care are kept at LAW's shelter located at the next beach. The bungalows at Time for Lime are excellent, the food is great and breakfast is included. Time for Lime isn't just a place to stay - it's a wonderful experience that you'll not soon forget. Do book in advance.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Jack and Elenka,
Thanks so much for staying at Time for Lime in March, it really was lovely to have you both here. Also it was great that you joined on our “Sunday is Fun-day” on Lanta Noi. Where we take 1 group, of our rescue dogs, to have a special Love, care, and run free day! I hope you had an excellent day! Tipsy-cat used to spend a lot of time in the bar, but moved out the back to spend more time with her buddy Wallace, thanks for taking time to play and cuddle with her whilst you were here. I know that all of the cats love staying in guests bungalows to get some extra attention for those who want to give. By the way as you know, Tipsy amongst the other kitties here are all up for adoption. Have a second think ;o)
As you mention our bungalows do get very busy, so during high season it is advisable to make a reservation in advance.
Thanks so much for all your lovely words and please know that you are always welcome back, we do hope to see you both again, as you were very special guests.
Kind regards

PS. To future guests: If you want to stay with us, you will have to book directly through our web-site, as we do NOT want pay an extra fee to other online booking hotel web-sites to book for us. You can find easily our prices and book via our web site so max money goes to the charity Lanta Animal Welfare.

Reviewed 19 March 2014

Stayed in Bungalow A for four nights in November last year on honeymoon. Our stay at Time for Lime was some of the happiest days of our trip. The bungalow was a really good size, really clean and had everything we needed.

The staff are what make this place 5/5 for me. We had a great time drinking mojitos into the early hours with the bar staff.

The location is great on Klong Dao beach with plenty of places to eat and drink nearby. They also have an excellent cooking school which was every baht

Me and hubby can't wait to book again for this year

Room Tip: Only go for bungalow A if you heavy sleeper or wake early. Its the closest to the beach but also clo...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear guest,
Thanks for staying at Time for Lime in November and your great review. I am pleased you had such a lovely time with us. Thanks for the kind words regarding the staff, I know they appreciate good feedback, so I will pass that on to them. Hopefully see you again later this year or early next year for more mojitos?

Kind regards

PS. If you want to stay with us, you will have to book directly through our web-site, as we do NOT want pay an extra fee to other online booking hotel web-sites to book for us. You can find easily our prices and book via our web site so max money goes to the charity Lanta Animal Welfare.