“Everything you need on your bungalow step and all for a fantastic cause”

Time For Lime Bungalows
Ranked #17 of 145 Ko Lanta B&B and Inns
London, United Kingdom
“Everything you need on your bungalow step and all for a fantastic cause”
Reviewed 26 February 2011

I travelled around Thailand for 4 weeks in February 2011. I visited 5 islands and can confidently say that Ko Lanta was my favourite- staying at Time for Lime Bungalows was the main reason why.

Two friends recommended Time for Lime to me, as they had visited a few years ago. They said it was amazing and had a great restaurant, a cookery school, lots of gorgeous cats and dogs and, most importantly, the best mojito you will ever taste. They were correct on all counts. The extra added bonus of staying there is that all profits go towards Lanta Animal Welfare Centre which the owner, Junie, founded.

I stayed for 7 nights and can happily say that i experienced everything Time for Lime has to offer. Within 2 hours of arriving i was helping walk the dogs along the beach at sunset, followed by a well deserved mojito (or two)! I also visited the Animal Welfare Centre and volunteered for the day to experience the amazing and much needed work the do there.

The bungalows are beautiful. There are 8 and each one is found behind the restaurant. Every bungalow has ensuite toilet and shower facilities, fridge and either AC or oscillating fan and your very own hammock for ultimate relaxation. There are no TVs but even this wasn't a drawback for a media junkie like me. The free wifi is very good and available 24 hours.

May on reception can organise any day trip you like and arrange transfers to and from Time for Lime. The staff are wonderfully friendly, generous and helpful- led by Junie, your host.

I have included a few photos of my Time for Lime experience and have also reviewed the fantastic Cookery classes and restaurant. Don't be put off if your aren't as much of an animal person as I am. I was missing my pets at home and travelling alone so i spent LOTS of time with Junie's feline and canine residents- you don't have to.

If i could i would go back today and stay indefinitely. Do yourself a favour and stay at Time for Lime- you really won't regret it and it will enrich your life.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank GeriOD

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Durban, South Africa
Reviewed 17 February 2011

As a solo traveller I was very pleased with this place, I did not have to worry, or fuss. From the minute I stepped onto the terrace I could relax. The staff was very friendly and efficient, the food was the best ( I tried other restaurants and nothing was as authentic). My bungalow was cleaned everyday, I lacked nothing. The premises were relaxed and comforting - I lacked nothing.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank candace15
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 3 November 2010

Klong Dao beach isn't the prettiest so if you've come from a stunning Thailand beach previously you'll be disappointed. Time for Lime bungalows made up for this by being very comfortable. Rooms are great and very clean. The free breakfasts were a major plus and its very convenient having that choice. A short walk up the beach are many places to choose from for eating out. The Time for Lime restaurant doesn't do suppers but the lunch menu was decent. The owner is responsible for starting the Lanta Animal Welfare organization so there are a few cats and dogs that adopt you during you stay. If you like animals then its great and if not then avoid. The dogs do tend to bark a little at night and could keep you up.

I'd definitely stay here again.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
London
Reviewed 28 August 2010

As I walked down the meandering pathway through the lush, pretty gardens past 8 stylish bungalows the ambiance was relaxing and aesthetic. The restaurant was located at the end of the path on the beach. Gentle waves, white sandy beach and impressive sunsets were the backdrop to all my meals.
I helped myself to muesli, fruit, yoghurt, eggs, toast, juice and coffee and lingered over breakfast with a very welcome cool sea breeze on my face.
This was the only accommodation I stayed in at this price that included breakfast; and what a fabulous meal it was! And so trusting to let me help myself.
My bungalow was airy, spacious and comfortable with a choice of fan or a/c. Fresh flowers by the bed were a lovely surprise.
As a vegetarian, eating in Thailand can be challenging and repetitive after 6 weeks; but with such an ameniable and understanding chef, my dietary needs were catered for and the food was some of the best I have tasted in Thailand.
The cats in their 'designer' cat houses were an added bonus to my stay and then I learned that the owner has built and maintains an animal welfare shelter on the island from the proceeds of the business. What an exceptional owner!
With my money going to such a good cause, I am so glad I stayed there.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled solo
2 Thank moollis
Oslo, Norway
Reviewed 5 August 2010

We stayed at Time for Lime for six nights after two weeks travel in Vietnam. The bungalows at Time for Lime are simple but stylish and clean, and have a nice personal design. I especially appreciated the fresh flowers in the room, the hammock on the porch and the well-kept garden surrounding the bungalows. A friendly and helpful staff, enjoyable cooking class and charming bar with cool drinks and music really made the stay! Best of all however, was the tree-top restaurant, literally set in a tree-top overlooking the sea. We had most of our dinners there simply because of the amazing presentation and taste of the food.
The owner has a big heart for animal welfare, and has built a hospital to help sick and mistreated animals on the island. What she does for these animals is really admirable.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled with friends
1 Thank smoersmelter
Oslo
Reviewed 6 April 2010

Booked 3 nights of our Thai holiday at Time for Lime after reading great reviews on tripadvisor. Since we were on a trip with my boyfriend and his family and they are all very in to food and cooking we thought it would be a great place for us.
It turned out to be a dissapointment.
First of all I must say that I really admire June(the owner/manager) for her commitment to abused and homeless animals on the island. And second of all, the staff in general is really nice and do their very best to make your stay pleasant, but suffers due to bad management.
First of all the cleaning is bad(they don't really clean the bungalows, only move things around and fold your clothes). The bungalows are ok, but a bit simple(especially the toilets). It is really noisy both at night and in the morning. The base from the clubs around make the walls shake at night. A crazy rooster is at it from early evening to early morning. And the fishermen wakes you up driving down the road behind the back wall every morning at dawn.

The cooking class was ok, but June managed to make it rather unpleasant with half-racist comments and jokes about thai people and muslims. She also managed to claim that thai's didn't know thai cooking and that she was the only one that had figured out how to do thai cooking "for real". Ironic egnough i got food poisoning the after eating in the resturant and spent the night and morning in the toilet(that didn't flush).
She is really quite a strange and unpleasent woman, why she bothers to run a resort with her clear dislike of people beats me. She should stick to the dogs, they seem to like her..

PS
The Time For Lime Mohito is amazing!

• Stayed April 2010, travelled with family
5 Thank Alexander Nybor... O
London
Reviewed 2 February 2010

we has a really nice stay at time for lime during our holiday in thailand, retrospectively we wished we had gone there last so we could have stayed longer! lanta is a very relaxed island, with great food and huge stretches of quiet beach. the bungalows at lime are great, really clean and cute, with nice verandas and a hammock out front. having the animals around is a joy, so expect to end up cuddling a few cats and dogs. time for lime is also a animal rescue centre so if you fancy helping out walking the odd dog it is appreciated (its such a great thing they're doing here, after travelling around in thailand and seeing the amount of often injured dogs and cats wandering the streets, it's good to see people actually caring for them and making a difference).

service in general is really good, from the cleaniness of the bungalows to the great bar/restaurant on the beach (fantastic margarita's). junie the owner will arrange scooters so you can investigate the island, the next beach along (long beach) is a virtually deserted stretch of beach with bars and restaurants dotted sporadically along.

all in all very much recommend time for lime, i'd definately return.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled as a couple