We stayed for 7 nights in Baan Lanta, after spending time in Bangkok and Phuket. It's not a 5 star resort - but then again, it doesn't pretend to be. So if you want a good value for money option on Kantiang beach, away from the full-moon loving, gyrating teenagers further north, then this is an excellent choice.
We availed of the free return transfers from Saladan and the welcome we got was great. The staff are really welcoming - always friendly and smiley and they make the place.
Overall I would say that the pictures don't do the place justice at all - it's far more atmospheric than the pix depict, with lots more greenery and flowers. We had room 8 which was the second but last from the end. It was slightly darker than the rest, but still very clean and nicely done. Each one had it's own balcony with seating which overlooked the pool and it was a great place to sit out in the sun at the start of the day.
Food was great value - there is a barbecue every night with fresh fish, which is really tasty - but if you want a change, then there is a very good local menu too.
The Aqua bar is beside the restuarant where the bar man Wud and his assistant make the place. It's lovely, is perched out on the sea and offers a really nice way to finish the day.
The sea does go out every day at about lunchtime, which means that you have to wade through the shallows to get a swim - so generally it's best to sit out in the morning and swim then - then go exploring during the afternoon.
The local village is lovely - filled with everything you could need - it's much quieter down this end of the island, but there are a couple of bars and restaurants nearby if you want to get out of the resort.
Only downside is that the breakfasts are a bit basic - but you get good options - they just aren't of the same quality as the rest of the meals.
Overall, we could have stayed for much longer. It was a great location - fantastically friendly staff, very clean rooms and lots to do. We can't recommend enough.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Baan Laanta Resort & Spa is a beach-chic, boutique resort offering 15 stylish and elegant, traditional Thai-style villa bungalows, located on the beach in Kan Tiang Bay. Set within an unspoiled natural bay on the western coast of Ko Lanta, Baan Laanta Resort offers the perfect haven for a relaxing holiday or long weekend. Each beautifully designed villa is only a few steps away from the ocean and offers simple luxury with an elegant touch. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Ctrip TA, Booking.com, Agoda, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Baan Laanta Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Baan Laanta Resort And Spa
- Baan Laanta Hotel Ko Lanta