We stayed here for 4 nights at the beginning of March 2014. We had bungalow 10 which was just beautiful - sure there are a few steps to get in, but there are perhaps 15 steps to get from reception up to the pool area, then another 10 steps up to each bungalow.
The staff were so friendly and always smiling even though they seem to all work incredibly long hours! We were allowed to check in early, they organised trips and our airport pick-up for us (even calling the airport taxi transfer company on our last morning to check that we were definitely on their list for collection - we didn't even ask them to, they were just super-organised!)
The bungalows are gorgeous - lovely dark wood, it probably depends which one you're is as to how bright it is in your room... bungalow 10 was perfect. Another reviewed mentioned the blinds don't work - don't worry, they have just been fixed up using velcro so you can easily take the blinds off the window if you want more light in. Our mosquito net was brand new with no holes, but we didn't need to use it - we didn't see any mozzys.
The pool is lovely, it has brown tiles in so looks like a natural waterhole - and you overlook the beach from the end of the pool too. There are at least 10 sunbeds, and people didn't seem to hog them. There are also chairs on each bungalows balcony which all look out over the pool too.
We booked a 4-island longtail boat trip through the hotel and it was the same price as if we'd booked it elsewhere. The boat leaves from the beach right next to the hotel which was perfect - and a great day of beaches and snorkling on other islands as well as a wonderful swim through a dark tunnel through the "emerald cave".
The beach is lovely and the water very warm. It's just past the hotel restaurant down about 10 steps from the reception area and you're on the sand. The 5* Pimali Resort is the biggest development on the beach but a lot of it is totally undeveloped. You can swim at high or low tide, but at low tide there are more rocks visable. I tried snorkling a few times but the water was a bit too murky to see anything much, better to bob around on a lilo instead!
The hotel breakfast isn't really a buffet like you get at most other resorts - they only have a few rooms (14 or so I think) so there's no point in preparing a huge banquet of food that will go to waste... instead you order what you like from the breakfast selection and they cook it fresh, it's the usual eggs done how you like them, or rice, or my favourite the museli with fresh fruit and yoghurt... they do have a help-yourself selection of fresh fruits, bread/toast, juices and instant coffee and a variety of teas.
Hotel lunches and dinners were super-yummy and we chatted to lots of diners who had walked down from the 5* resort to eat here as the food is so good. There's also some quiet little shops just up the road (only 20m away) with souveniers, a 7/11 supermarket with cans of coke just 13 baht and beers for 35 baht, more restaurants, a pancake stall, etc etc...
A great place to stay, we enjoyed every second :-)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Baan Laanta Resort & Spa is a beach-chic, boutique resort offering 15 stylish and elegant, traditional Thai-style villa bungalows, located on the beach in Kan Tiang Bay. Set within an unspoiled natural bay on the western coast of Ko Lanta, Baan Laanta Resort offers the perfect haven for a relaxing holiday or long weekend. Each beautifully designed villa is only a few steps away from the ocean and offers simple luxury with an elegant touch. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Agoda, Priceline, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Baan Laanta Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Baan Laanta Hotel Ko Lanta
- Baan Laanta Resort And Spa