“Yellow hotel at Ba Kan Tieng”
Review of Phra Nang Lanta

Ranked #34 of 84 Hotels in Ko Lanta
Reviewed 3 November 2012

I was at this hotel on 31 Oct 12, end of low season with my bf, we booked online just 5 mins before we arrived however it seemed that in low season, we better deal direct with hotel to get almost half price Y_Y sad for me and my pocket.

The hotel is on Lanta Yai island which is tourist destination and there are many hotels ranging from 0 star to 5 stars. The hotel is by the beach, situated next to Pimalai resort: the best and most expensive hotel in this area. The beach is so rocky and it seems that all beaches in the area are rocky, not suitable for swimming (for me). We stayed here only 1 night since there is not many things to do on the island, luckily we drove our car transfering by ferry from main land to Lanta Noi island then cross to Lanta Yai island. The government is working on the project to build a bridge to link between Lanta Noi & Lanta Yai island now. Hope we can go back again using this bridge for our next visit.

The hotel has about 15 rooms, all studio & suite room type and every room faces to the beach. My room is studio type with balcony, day bed and big shower room and bathtub. Room decoration looks nice however the bed is quite hard, not sleep well at night.
I love the design of this hotel as there are many electricity sockets, more than 5 available in the room for my phones & computer chargers. Also there many hangers and hanging points for guest in the shower room and dressing area. There are holder at the shower area nad the toilet area for eldery people (I assumed by myself).

We had breakfast which is over expectation, the hotel provide buffet style breakfast even it was small area but they provided hot station: egg, ham, suasage, bacon, bread station, corn flake with milk, tea & coffee, juices. These covers one meal for my breakfast.

Even the hotel is small but it is a great place to stay when you are on Lanta Yai island.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 9 October 2012

Myself and my boyfriend have been to lanta twice, we stumbled upon Phra Nang Lanta on our first visit and decided we must stay there on our next trip. We booked in for four nights and ended up staying just over a week. Our room was truly perfect facing directly onto the beach. The standard was really excellent and I loved the decor, all rooms have a quirky style to them, very spacious and stunning bathroom. To wake up to that e ach more was pretty special. The staff were always friendly and it had such a chilled out relaxed vibe. The breakfast is good, not fantastic but good, still couldn't complain. Hotel isn't big at all so it's so peaceful. The best part about this review is we loved it so much we are going back again in January hope we won't be disappointed cause I loved every minute of it last year.

Oh can't forget the village itself is lovely very laid back food everywhere is fantastic yummy :) try the drunken sailor that's an absolute must for it's curries and smoothies and hammocks and beanbags to chill on. We hired mopeds and went up and down lanta and we truly believe you won't find a better spot!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank kelly060
Reviewed 22 September 2012

My wife and I stayed in this wonderfull hotel in mid August. We found our room 1st class, the food great and the staff hospitality was amazing. The manager was helpfull and full of local knowledge and he helped us in any way he could. Please don't come here and think your going to stay in the Ritz, its not a 5* hotel.
If you wan't a crazy, cute, cosy, small, caring, personal, clean, comfortable, friendly hotel at a great beachfront location you will be very, very very happy here.
Thank you for your hospitality, we really enjoyed our stay with you. Just wish it could have been for a few more weeks.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lazearound
Reviewed 20 September 2012 via mobile

What can I say! The staff are amazing, location perfect. Monkeys well....cute from a distance, the locals are so helpful. Get away from it all and come here. 100% relaxing. Drift off to sleep in the hammock with the sound of the sea providing the atmosphere. Rooms are a lovely mix of modern with original features. Enough wildlife to keep you occupied. Gets a 5 star recommendation from me.

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank OWhite100
Reviewed 6 August 2012

I have stayed here on three occasions and each time loved it. Peace tranquility lovely friendly staff beautiful beach perfect can't wait to come back We stayed in 2008 2009 and 2010 each time we stayed for longer and didn't want to leave perfect place to chill and leave the stress of work behind easy to pick up trips and tour around Lanta. Easy to get to saladan ans night markets and perfect for walking up the beach to other reststraunts great for families and couples thank you phra nang lanta.

Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Janet T
VacationVillageTH, Manager at Phra Nang Lanta, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2012

Dear Janet,

We love to see you again and again!

And thank you for being loyal to our brand, vacation village which Phra Nang Lanta is one of ours. Your return has given us a sense of success whilst there is a lot of accommodation choices you can choose from.

We are deeply glad that you enjoy staying with us and that is our ultimate goal!

We look forward to welcome you again soon.

The Management
Vacation Village Group

Reviewed 6 July 2012

The best thing about this hotel is definitely the location - it is situated right on the beach. The beach wasn't quite as spectacular as I had thought it would be but was lovely nonetheless.

Phra nang is a small hotel (I think 15 rooms) with all rooms decorated differently. We stayed in the Wisdom room which was fantastic - spacious with a huge bathroom with seperate shower and bath. We were on the ground floor with a small terrace equipped with comfy chairs which was perfect for chilling out on early evening. The rooms were cleaned regularly with mini bar changed and towels changed frequently.

The hotel was really quiet while we were there so we seemed to have the place to ourselves!. The pool area was nice for lounging in the sun. The pool itself was small but it didn't matter as you're right on the beach anyway.

There is a nearby 7-11 which was good for stocking up on cheap beers and snacks. There are several tour companies within walking distance which we used to book excursions and hire mopeds.

The Baan Laanta resort is just next door and we had several excellent meals there. We didn't eat at Phra nang except for breakfast as had heard that food wasn't great nor were you encouraged to eat there. The breakfasts were good though - we especially enjoyed the pancakes.

You can walk up to the other end of the beach to Same same but different which served amazing food and provided a great setting to watch the sunset. Why not bar was good for live music and chilling out. We were not bothered at all by the music from the bars others have mentioned.

Our favourite restaurant was Noon sunset view. You can walk there from the hotel but you need to walk up a steep hill which wouldn't be good for everyone. We found hiring mopeds was the best way to get around (approx £5 a day) and used these to get up to Noon. The service, food and setting there were amazing.

The only complaint we had with the hotel was that an item of clothing was accidently taken from room when sheets were changed. It was left on top of bed and same colour as sheets so assume got caught up with them when changing them. After asking several times I was told that it could not be found in housekeeping. This was disappointing especially as it was a favourite item.

I would recommend this hotel to others - the location alone makes it a great place to stay.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Feeno
Management response:Responded 8 July 2012

Dear Feeno,

Thank you for staying with us and we are so proud to hear that you had the best time at Phra Nang Lanta.

Our ultimate goal is to make our guest experience is remarkable ane memorable.

Again, thank you for choosing us and hope that will be have anoher chance to derve you and your friends/family in the near Future.

The Management
vacation Village Group
Phra Nang Inn

Reviewed 4 April 2012

What shall I say ? This property barely merits three stars is my opinion and it is largely overprized…
- We care very much about cleanness and there was not much to be found in that respect:
The walkways are dark with mould and need a thorough clean up with a high pressure cleaner.
- The showers are mouldy and the pool is green with algae (it is very visible and when you go inside and brush the green stuff with your fingers you will notice) – two things that absolutely put me off as they concern my health.
- After rains, the water stands on the room terrace due to poor design of draining
- The whole environment looks unkept and untidy, I think the owners are letting this slip away from them – no one is really taking care of the grounds
Could be that some of this is due to end of season, but then it is even more disappointing
Other things:
No bar services that I could see or notice
Do not expect restaurant service when its raining – there are barely 3 or 4 tables under a roof. Actually apart from the overprized barbecue I could not see any other menu, but maybe I was not looking hard enough. But there are other places nearby that offer food and drinks and the staff at this place is actually encouraging people to go there.
The beach is nice but it is shared with other properties around and kept clean by them.
We did not consider the music at the Why Not bar a disturbance, however you can hear the guests and their kids in the room next to you very well.
In conclusion: One place we will never go back to.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Bangi
Management response:Responded 28 June 2012

Dear Valued Guest,

Please allow me to take this opportunity to thank you for your stay even if you found us below your comfort standard. However, we really appreciated your time posting the experiences so that we could hear your openion and correct them accordingly.

We can assure you that all the issued mention we take them seriously and would loved if you possibly come back to see how well we improve them.

Again, Thank you for your review, really appreaciated.

The Managment