All reviews why not bar beautiful beach kantiang bay beach front lovely room rock and roll fire show fantastic location six nights stayed longer pimalai resort our honeymoon pad thai lanta ko bathtub scubafish
Reviewed 28 March 2014

We spent close to a week in this hotel and were really looking forward to our stay. The location of the hotel is great and the rooms are spacious and have great views onto the sea. The hotel restaurant is a bit slow and expensive, but also very good.

Unfortunately this is where the positives end already.
As mentioned by another reviewer already, the hotel has an abudance of staff that essentially relax and hang out on the premises. While I could tolerate this per se, they also constantly play music (sometimes very unique Thai Music) which I find very desturbing as a paying guest. As a personal preference, I would love to enjoy the sea and the sound of the waves in my holiday time.

The hotel management is super nice but does not seem to have the right grip on staff. Also, they are very helpful when you ask them for something, but they are not proactive or trying to think ahead.

Lastly, and this is not the hotel's fault, there is a lovely bar next door. The bar plays very loud music until midnight. Something that, in my opinion ruins my holiday. Had I known that in advance I would have not booked there.

Overall, especially given the cost, I regret staying in this hotel. Despite having a fantastic spot by the sea, external (bar next door) and hotel factors (management, staff, slow service) make me not want ever revisit the hotel, even if the price were significantly lower.

Room Tip: Try to choose a room further away from the bar next door
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TravellingMark2014
Reviewed 23 March 2014

We spent 3 nights here and was great. Each room is themed and are large and well furnished. We did have an electrical problem and the manager could've do enough to get this resolved. There are bars each side of the hotel so can be a little noisy in late evening. This is a great place for 'chilling' and there is a lovely sandy beach across the frontage.

Room Tip: The first floor rooms have a great view over the beach.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 March 2014

This was our first stay on the island after coming from KL. The check in was fine and the room was ready early.
Upon entering a big smile soon followed. It was a lovely spacious room on the top floor overlooking the pretty bay. I would definitely recommend a top floor room which probably offered a slightly better view and perhaps more privacy than the ground floor rooms.
The breakfast was decent although no sign of my local food which was a shame.
The cleaners were good and the room clean
It was a little pricey but for the view and location it was worth it. Would have stayed their longer if it was cheaper or if we had more money. There doesn't seem to be many beach front properties on the island, places that are pretty much right on the beach.
There was quite a bit of banging above us where the spa/massage place was at night. I think the wind was blowing something around up there that wasn't fixed down properly. If not for alcohol and ear plugs it probably would be annoying.
There was no info in the room either except about the spa, would have been useful to have a menu, info about the area etc. simple things like what the tv channels were etc (didn't watch) like most places have, although there was some info on activities in reception
Food recommendations include the local restaurant kantiang up the road, excellent stuff. The why not bar next door was good for a night out with some potent cocktails and friendly staff.
Lovely quiet place, could have stayed longer than our 3 days. Preferred it to long beach area.
Go and enjoy

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank angillo
Reviewed 4 March 2014

We came to Phra Nang Lanta from somewhat more modest resort, so at first we were quite easy to please. We loved our room; it was very light and had a lovely balcony with hammock, overlooking the beach. This resort is really close to beach, it's literally only few steps from the pool and hotel garden. The pool itself is not special; quite small, cold water, and lot of leaves and such in the water.

The staff here was very kind and helped us in arranging a snorkeling trip. The restaurant was good, not amazing, but still enjoyable. Breakfast was good, better than in most resorts in this area.

The rooftop spa is absolutely lovely; I really recommend to try it out. It was very easy to get an appointment, and the spa staff (I think only one girl?) was very professional.

The resort is quite tightly located in between other resorts, and if you have the outermost room on ground level, people sitting on the restaurant located on resort next door, are very close and have direct view to your terrace. That's why we enjoyed our second floor room, because the terrace/balcony was more hidden.

The wonderful Why Not bar is also very close to this hotel, but the music can be heard quite loudly especially to the rooms closest to the bar. I don't really mind the noise, I am quite used to it after travelling around. But we heard some people complaining about it and even changing room during their stay.

I would say that this resort is a bit overpriced; it's nice but not amazing.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 February 2014

My husband and I stayed here for 4 nights for our honeymoon. We believe we got food poisoning from their restaurant. We're 90% sure it was from their meal and not somewhere else. It ruined the end our trip to the point we couldn't leave our room for 48 hours. When we told the hotel, they said they would comp us the thai beef salad that we thought was the culprit, which did not seem comparable!

The staff was very sweet but did not know how to run a hotel. The cleaning staff did a horrible job cleaning our room. They left dirty cups and trash in the room and cleaned our coffee cups using our bathroom towels. The soap and shampoo containers were never refilled upon cleaning as well.

Lastly, the beds were horrible. Super hard and gave us aches in our necks and shoulders. The location is good for those interested in a low key location and the beach on the property is nice. However, as a whole, it is not worth the price, which is actually on the high end for the island.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple