“great rooms horrible breakfast”
Review of Phra Nang Lanta

Phra Nang Lanta
Ranked #40 of 84 Hotels in Ko Lanta
pattaya
“great rooms horrible breakfast”
Reviewed 16 April 2014

The rooms and the location right on the beach are great.
Nice small swimming-pool and friendly staff.
The rooms and outside terrace are huge ,so is the bathroom and even includes a small kitchen.
However de breakfast provided in the morning is not good for a hotel who charge a high price.
The breakfast terrace was invated with flies, fresh fruit was kept half in the sun, the buffet table looked dirty and the cornflakes tasted not crispy , in fact nothing was good.
So I did not have breakfast, I passed.
Wanted to stay one more day,but decided to leave after the hotel showed this kind of breakfast hospitality.
Overall a very nice hotel to stay,hopefully the management understand one day that a luxurious breakfast is part of deal for a good trip advisor review.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank pietpuk
VacationVillageTH, Manager at Phra Nang Lanta, responded to this review, 11 June 2014
Dear Sir,

Thank you for mentioning of our superb location, our nice small swimming pool and friendly of our staff. In the same time we sincerely regret and apologies that you have been disappointed with the breakfast service and this will certainly be taken into consideration for further improvement and rest assured that our standard of services are able to exceed your expectation in the near future.

Yours sincerely,
Mana S.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
London
Reviewed 14 April 2014

After reading lots of reviews and seeing the photos of this resort I was more than happy that I had booked to stay here for 4 nights with my mother whilst attending a wedding however after our experience I unfortunately can’t recommend staying at Phra Nang.

For the price we paid I was hoping that Phra Nang would offer us a comfortable, clean and friendly stay but this was not the case. Our room was dated and the king bed was two single beds together so wasn’t the most comfy bed to sleep in. The shower water only came out extremely hot or extremely cold which made it hard to wash our hair or have a relaxing shower after the beach. The location itself was nice, looking out onto the beach with a clean pool and area to sunbathe in.

The main problem we had was when we found RATS in our bedroom on our last night. After returning from dinner my Mother was in the bathroom when she screamed and told me there was a huge rat in there. After contacting the night porter guy who didn’t understand English to get it out we returned to our room and with him and a friend telling us it was hiding behind the pillows on the sofa! There was a massive gap under the door to our room so we decided to fill it in with towels to prevent the rat returning. After turning the light off to try and sleep we heard a rustling noise… to our amazement we turned the light on and as I moved a chair another RAT jumped from behind the TV and ran towards the bathroom. We later found out there was a hole behind the toilet which is where they were coming from. On check out the next day I spoke to the manager on duty to say this was not acceptable for the price we were paying and I wanted some money back. They were only prepared top offer 5% off our massages we had at the spa which I felt wasn't good enough.

We stayed at 4 different places during our trip and I don’t have a bad word to say about the other 3 however this place is extremely expensive for what it Is and with rats running around in the rooms it clearly isn't the most hygienic and friendly place either!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Lisa-Marie S
VacationVillageTH, Manager at Phra Nang Lanta, responded to this review, 19 May 2014
Dear Lisa Marie S,
Thank you for your reviews, I am sorry to learn that you have an unpleasant experience. Please accept my sincere apology on behalf of The Management and staff of Phra Nang Lanta Resort. The points you raised are well received and being given full attention and external inspections are carried out monthly. We do hope that our apology goes some way in assuring you of our commitment to responsive customer service, and that we may have the opportunity of serving you again in the future.

Yours sincerely,
Mana Srathongoon
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed 11 April 2014

This beachfront place was the middle stop in our tour of the region with andaman adventures, who went above and beyond to lay on a fantastic holiday for us. The Phra Nang Inn is quality resort on the best beach on Koh Lanta - well, the best beach we came across - and we tried a few out. There are never any crowds on the beach, even in bust times of the year, and no detractions like jet skis, hawkers, rubbish, etc - all the things that have spoiled Phuket. Thanks so much to the staff of the hotel for making this a memorable stay, we hope to come back and see you again soon.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Fadhil R
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 March 2014

We spent close to a week in this hotel and were really looking forward to our stay. The location of the hotel is great and the rooms are spacious and have great views onto the sea. The hotel restaurant is a bit slow and expensive, but also very good.

Unfortunately this is where the positives end already.
As mentioned by another reviewer already, the hotel has an abudance of staff that essentially relax and hang out on the premises. While I could tolerate this per se, they also constantly play music (sometimes very unique Thai Music) which I find very desturbing as a paying guest. As a personal preference, I would love to enjoy the sea and the sound of the waves in my holiday time.

The hotel management is super nice but does not seem to have the right grip on staff. Also, they are very helpful when you ask them for something, but they are not proactive or trying to think ahead.

Lastly, and this is not the hotel's fault, there is a lovely bar next door. The bar plays very loud music until midnight. Something that, in my opinion ruins my holiday. Had I known that in advance I would have not booked there.

Overall, especially given the cost, I regret staying in this hotel. Despite having a fantastic spot by the sea, external (bar next door) and hotel factors (management, staff, slow service) make me not want ever revisit the hotel, even if the price were significantly lower.

Room Tip: Try to choose a room further away from the bar next door
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank TravellingMark2014
Aylesbury
Reviewed 23 March 2014

We spent 3 nights here and was great. Each room is themed and are large and well furnished. We did have an electrical problem and the manager could've do enough to get this resolved. There are bars each side of the hotel so can be a little noisy in late evening. This is a great place for 'chilling' and there is a lovely sandy beach across the frontage.

Room Tip: The first floor rooms have a great view over the beach.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
cardiff
Reviewed 5 March 2014

This was our first stay on the island after coming from KL. The check in was fine and the room was ready early.
Upon entering a big smile soon followed. It was a lovely spacious room on the top floor overlooking the pretty bay. I would definitely recommend a top floor room which probably offered a slightly better view and perhaps more privacy than the ground floor rooms.
The breakfast was decent although no sign of my local food which was a shame.
The cleaners were good and the room clean
It was a little pricey but for the view and location it was worth it. Would have stayed their longer if it was cheaper or if we had more money. There doesn't seem to be many beach front properties on the island, places that are pretty much right on the beach.
There was quite a bit of banging above us where the spa/massage place was at night. I think the wind was blowing something around up there that wasn't fixed down properly. If not for alcohol and ear plugs it probably would be annoying.
There was no info in the room either except about the spa, would have been useful to have a menu, info about the area etc. simple things like what the tv channels were etc (didn't watch) like most places have, although there was some info on activities in reception
Food recommendations include the local restaurant kantiang up the road, excellent stuff. The why not bar next door was good for a night out with some potent cocktails and friendly staff.
Lovely quiet place, could have stayed longer than our 3 days. Preferred it to long beach area.
Go and enjoy

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank angillo
Helsinki, Finland
Reviewed 4 March 2014

We came to Phra Nang Lanta from somewhat more modest resort, so at first we were quite easy to please. We loved our room; it was very light and had a lovely balcony with hammock, overlooking the beach. This resort is really close to beach, it's literally only few steps from the pool and hotel garden. The pool itself is not special; quite small, cold water, and lot of leaves and such in the water.

The staff here was very kind and helped us in arranging a snorkeling trip. The restaurant was good, not amazing, but still enjoyable. Breakfast was good, better than in most resorts in this area.

The rooftop spa is absolutely lovely; I really recommend to try it out. It was very easy to get an appointment, and the spa staff (I think only one girl?) was very professional.

The resort is quite tightly located in between other resorts, and if you have the outermost room on ground level, people sitting on the restaurant located on resort next door, are very close and have direct view to your terrace. That's why we enjoyed our second floor room, because the terrace/balcony was more hidden.

The wonderful Why Not bar is also very close to this hotel, but the music can be heard quite loudly especially to the rooms closest to the bar. I don't really mind the noise, I am quite used to it after travelling around. But we heard some people complaining about it and even changing room during their stay.

I would say that this resort is a bit overpriced; it's nice but not amazing.

Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends