Phra Nang Lanta by Vacation Village
Lanta Resort(Ko Lanta)
US$40
Good 3.5/5
Twin Bay Resort(Ko Lanta)(Great Value!)
US$34
US$26
US$265
US$251
Excellent 5/5
Long Beach Chalet(Ko Lanta)(Great Value!)
US$41
US$36
Great 4.5/5
Royal Lanta Resort and Spa(Ko Lanta)(Great Value!)
US$57
US$56
US$86
US$82
Great 4.5/5
MOONLIGHT Exotic Bay Resort(Ko Lanta)(Great Value!)
US$83
US$40
Great 4.5/5
All reviewswhy not barrooftop spabeautiful beachbeachfront studiokantiang baythai guysdesigned roomssmall hotellaid backrock and rollbeach frontcalm placelight sleeperlovely roomfire showsix nightspad thai
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 22 May 2014

Phra Nang Lanta was recommended to us by andaman avdentures. We were travelling with these guys who organised a four destination itinerary for us. Phra Nang Lanta was the second stop. This resort is no way a 5 star place, but the service exceeds it in every way. The staff are super helpful and do go out of their way to ensure our comfort. The roof top spa is a must try if you are at this resort. We are already planning to go back just because of the roof top spa.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Matthew H
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Interesting hotel right on the beachfront. Lovely large adobe-style room with balcony over-looking the sweeping Kantiang Bay, which is one of the nicest & least developed on Lanta - the south of the island is much quieter than the north. Nice (small) pool from which you could almost step into the sea. We did not eat at the hotel, as there were a few great bars & restaurants within a few minutes walk. 'Why Not' Bar next door was excellent - 4 very friendly Thai guys running the place, with a local band & fire dancing each evening.

Room Tip: Personally, I would ask for a 1st floor room with a view over the bay.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Colin_Conway
VacationVillageTH, Manager at Phra Nang Lanta by Vacation Village, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2014

Dear Sir,
Thank you for your informative review. I am very happy to know that you enjoy your stay and have a great time with Why Not Bar Team. I wish we would have a chance to welcome you back to vacation in our resort again in the future.

Mana S.

Reviewed 7 May 2014 via mobile

We found the check in difficult - despite finding a price online of 3000 THB, the receptionist refused to give me the room for less than 5000 THB. This prompted me to book via Agoda paying the rate I had found. Not a great start.

The rooms are nice with a nice big bath and a private balcony in every room.

We found the staff lazy and unfriendly - just not interested to help us. For example, as our room had mosquito's, we asked them to do something about it which they refused to do.

We also found the stream next to the hotel pretty disgusting. I would not swim anywhere near it. The hotel should do something about it

The hotel is nice - but could be so much better if they changed their attitude.

Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank Tadams977
Reviewed 16 April 2014

The rooms and the location right on the beach are great.
Nice small swimming-pool and friendly staff.
The rooms and outside terrace are huge ,so is the bathroom and even includes a small kitchen.
However de breakfast provided in the morning is not good for a hotel who charge a high price.
The breakfast terrace was invated with flies, fresh fruit was kept half in the sun, the buffet table looked dirty and the cornflakes tasted not crispy , in fact nothing was good.
So I did not have breakfast, I passed.
Wanted to stay one more day,but decided to leave after the hotel showed this kind of breakfast hospitality.
Overall a very nice hotel to stay,hopefully the management understand one day that a luxurious breakfast is part of deal for a good trip advisor review.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank pietpuk

Dear Sir,

Thank you for mentioning of our superb location, our nice small swimming pool and friendly of our staff. In the same time we sincerely regret and apologies that you have been disappointed with the breakfast service and this will certainly be taken into consideration for further improvement and rest assured that our standard of services are able to exceed your expectation in the near future.

Mana S.

Reviewed 14 April 2014

After reading lots of reviews and seeing the photos of this resort I was more than happy that I had booked to stay here for 4 nights with my mother whilst attending a wedding however after our experience I unfortunately can’t recommend staying at Phra Nang.

For the price we paid I was hoping that Phra Nang would offer us a comfortable, clean and friendly stay but this was not the case. Our room was dated and the king bed was two single beds together so wasn’t the most comfy bed to sleep in. The shower water only came out extremely hot or extremely cold which made it hard to wash our hair or have a relaxing shower after the beach. The location itself was nice, looking out onto the beach with a clean pool and area to sunbathe in.

The main problem we had was when we found RATS in our bedroom on our last night. After returning from dinner my Mother was in the bathroom when she screamed and told me there was a huge rat in there. After contacting the night porter guy who didn’t understand English to get it out we returned to our room and with him and a friend telling us it was hiding behind the pillows on the sofa! There was a massive gap under the door to our room so we decided to fill it in with towels to prevent the rat returning. After turning the light off to try and sleep we heard a rustling noise… to our amazement we turned the light on and as I moved a chair another RAT jumped from behind the TV and ran towards the bathroom. We later found out there was a hole behind the toilet which is where they were coming from. On check out the next day I spoke to the manager on duty to say this was not acceptable for the price we were paying and I wanted some money back. They were only prepared top offer 5% off our massages we had at the spa which I felt wasn't good enough.

We stayed at 4 different places during our trip and I don’t have a bad word to say about the other 3 however this place is extremely expensive for what it Is and with rats running around in the rooms it clearly isn't the most hygienic and friendly place either!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Lisa-Marie S
VacationVillageTH, Manager at Phra Nang Lanta by Vacation Village, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2014

Dear Lisa Marie S,
Thank you for your reviews, I am sorry to learn that you have an unpleasant experience. Please accept my sincere apology on behalf of The Management and staff of Phra Nang Lanta Resort. The points you raised are well received and being given full attention and external inspections are carried out monthly. We do hope that our apology goes some way in assuring you of our commitment to responsive customer service, and that we may have the opportunity of serving you again in the future.

Mana Srathongoon