“Paradise at almost its finest”

Blue Andaman Lanta Resort
Ranked #42 of 85 Hotels in Ko Lanta
Reviewed 11 March 2014

This place was booked for us by a girl in bangkok and when we seen the reviews on here we were quite worried. When we arrived we were taken to our room which was f 15 next to the reception, it was clean and smelt of cleaning products but to be fair thats a good indication that it was clean. the resort has its own restaurant which was fairly priced and had some good food and an even better view. Altho i did have 1 horrible experience with the burritos if you don't like baked beans then don't buy the burrito as it is just 2 small tortillas with only baked beans in them. On the major plus side the beach was incredible with lots of snorkelling opportunities, and when the tide goes out its great to explore the rocky beach in search of wildlife and some cool corals

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 27 February 2014 via mobile

The room is without elctricity near the bed, not enough beds in the pool, we cant go to the sea beacuse ther are lot of rocks...really...search for other place.........
5 min in took took to hotel from the port

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Daniel C
blueandamanlanta, Manager at Blue Andaman Lanta Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 1 December 2016

Dear Daniel,

We are sorry to see your bad review here and sorry to not have met your expectations while you were in your vacation in Koh Lanta.

Khlong Khong Beach is one of the most important beaches of this island and known for many qualities, and absolutly stunning sunsets, However for best swimming experience, like in any ocean, you have to mind the tide schedule, and sometimes the low tide time is not the best time for swimming, but waiting for the high tide is not very boring at Khlong khong beach, a drink or a meal and a short walk then the high tide comes again!

We offer competitive prices to our location and Our rooms has been updated since your visit and welcome you again for a better experience.

See you again!

Reviewed 2 February 2014

Hi Me and my frends decided to stay there. we choose triple room, and the room was really old, kind of dirty towels, there was no hot water, horrible!! but then we sdecided to leave and staff gave us different room in a new place, close to the reception! it was so nice, so clean, so big and new!! There was wifi and air-condition
They have the best food in all Lanta!!! The beach was amazing, staff really nice, they will help you whenever you need!! During the last day I discovered next to this hotel the other hotel 'Lanta new beach' much more cheaper!!! but less comfortable! go and check both!! Both quite far from the center, but clean and quiet beach during the day. Just 2 euro to go to the center so great!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 January 2014

At first the room smelled of harsh cleaning chemicals, so much it made me dizzy. When we aired it out, the stink of the toilet took over the whole room, even with the bathroom door closed. Meal served was not what was ordered. Ate it anyway and got sick, forcing me to spend quality time with the rank toilet. Checked out after one bad night. The resort's taxi driver was to take us to our next place and said he knew where we were going, couldn't find it, then dropped us off on the side of the road, said it was right down the lane and sped off (of course we were nowhere near the place). No value for money, disgusting, a place to avoid.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank stephtotheleft

Dear stephtotheleft,

I am very sorry to see you have had such a bad time here. And also shocked of why I did not learn about this while you were here. I am sure if you have talked with the reception they would help you out. We have very strict rules about cleaning rooms and our restaurant is one of the best in the island.
We would not want to make anyone sick during their vacations, on the contrary, if I knew about your case I would have taken great care of you personally. I hope you try to reach to upper management in times where your health was compromised by food anywhere.

Our sincere apologies to you.

Reviewed 17 January 2014

This resort has been built up over time so there are many different types of accommodation which don't complement each other, rather they make it look cluttered and busy. There are 'blocks of flats', huts, houses. Some of the huts have been built from hefty materials, others from wood; the wooden ones look directly at the back end of the sturdier huts, not exactly a room with a view! The grounds are not looked after, so the grass is weathered and sad, the plants, where you have them, droopy and wanting water. The swimming pool is nice and clean and the restaurant serves nice food. The beach is very rocky and not exactly chillable. The staff are between friendly and sour. It was quiet at night, but the staff in the morning think nothing of shouting to each other whilst you try and grab some sleep. We chose this place as a walk-in, if I came here as a package or bought on the web, I think I'd be disappointed. All in all, I happy with my stay, but wouldn't come back again.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 January 2014

I had booked to stay at this resort through Booking.com and had seen the pictures on the website which attracted me to the place. I was horrified when I arrived to find that the pictures did not reflect the resort's true appearance at all! The beach is rocky and not good for swimming; the location of the resort is far from other beach bars and restaurants; the rooms were a MESS and our 'upgrade' had flies all over the bed and dirt on the floors; the 'garden' was messy and full of rubble from construction going on; the staff, on noticing how disappointed we were, got annoyed and became rude and unfriendly. We expressed our utter discontent and were still made to pay for a night (which was more expensive than the beautiful resort we ended up staying at!) even though we got out of there as soon as possible. Not a pleasant experience at all!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank Julie G

Hi Julie G,

We are sorry to see your review and to learn you did not enjoy your stay in our resort.
Please accept our true apology.
We have updated our rooms and staff several times according to people's feedback and have reached great customer satisfaction and would love to see you again here for a better experience.

Thanks!

Reviewed 9 December 2013

I have no complains about the room the were spacious and were good beds... the only thing i am concern is that do not leave your belongs such as cell phones or money, because i went to make a tour during the day and my battery was low so i decide to leave my cell phone in the room and go without it..for my surprising when i was back it was not there anymore and when i asked in the reception they said nobody found no phone and the house keeping to go to clean the room when it is requested what is not true because my room was with empty bin...so my phone was not good or even brand new but i am upset because it was mine and somebody took and they do not take no actions

Room Tip: Room with fan is enough do not need with ac