“Good food - premium price due to location”

Same Same But Different
Ranked #39 of 377 Restaurants in Ko Lanta
Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 2 January 2014

We ate here on Boxing day and thought the food was good but overpriced.

The location is on perhaps the nicest part of the nicest beach on the island and it's right next to the super expensive Pimalai Resort - hence you expect it to be a little bit more expensive but coupled with high quality food.

The high prices were evident and whilst the food was good, it was two or three times the price of other restaurants not on the beach. I ordered a lime juice which cost 90 baht where I had paid 50 baht in other places.

The food, whilst tasty (I ordered it very spicy hot - it certainly wasn't) was overpriced. I can't remember what it cost but we paid around a 1000 baht for our meal with drinks (all soft drinks). I had prawns which were nice albeit unremarkable.

For £20 I expected much more. Prices have gone up in Thailand since our last visit last year but at this restaurant I think they have overinflated the prices due to the affluence of their main customer base - The Pimilai Resort next door.

This is a shame as the restaurant has a stunning outlook over the bay and I couldn't have found a nicer sport on the island to relax and spend our Boxing Day.

Reviewed 1 January 2014

Service was horrible! All 4 got sick after eating simple dishes. Tried to charge us for drinks we never ordered and had to wait at least for 1 hour before anything was on the table. A shame that these people run this place with a lot of potential(location). One waiter was extremely arrogant towards different clients.

Reviewed 28 December 2013

This is the most lovely location on Kantiang Bay. Fantastic atmosphere and truly beautiful views. I'd suggest it for drinks or appetizers, though. Service is so-so (not exactly inattentive, but not friendly either). Food is perfectly fine, but nothing special and way more expensive than better restaurants off the beach (Drunken Sailors or Phad Thai Rock and Roll). However, if you must eat on the beach, this place will do. Probably on par with the restaurant at Baan Lanta, but with better views and worse service.

Reviewed 26 December 2013

My family had lunch here after visiting National park. Their food was very good plus the nice service. We will come back here soon.

Reviewed 24 December 2013

The location and the view are fantastic. Perfect for a sundowner cocktail. The food was good, but not brilliant, e.g. we had much better green curries in other places.