“Very romantic place in Koh Phangan.. ”

Frangipani Restaurant
Ranked #115 of 510 Restaurants in Ko Pha Ngan
Price range: US$3 - US$13
Reviewed 20 August 2017 via mobile

Went there 2 days ago with my girlfriend. We noticed the place by the beach during the day and we decided to reserve a table right away because we just remained astonished by the beautiful atmosphere of this terrace with the pool by the sea.

At night it is a very romantic place with nice selection of food with high quality ingredients.

We took prawn fresh rolls as appetizers and 2 pizza, very very good ones! 2 glasses of white wine and a dessert. All very tasty and fresh!

BBQ fish or meat looks very good as well there, so we will come back to try it for our last night in Koh Phangan.

1  Thank Filippo G

Reviewed 8 April 2017

Beautiful place with beautiful views. Food is delicious with lots of healthy and vegan options.
Very attentive stuff and everything is beautifully served.
Wonderful for a romantic evening with a special one.

Reviewed 2 April 2017

We (2 adults and a two year old) ate here towards the end of a two week holiday on Koh Pha Ngan. It is certainly more expensive than other local restaurants and it's clear that the owners/ management are aiming to be boutique/ high end. The reviews we read were positive so we decided to go there as a treat.

I'll start with the positive aspects - the place is beautiful and tastefully done. It's quite romantic. The local staff were attentive and polite though their English wasn't great - not a problem though it caused one or two very minor issues with ordering. I'd happily come here for a drink.

The negatives - we tried to order BBQ, and there were maybe 8 options on the menu - prawns, red snapper etc... Of the eight fish/ prawn options, only one was available on the night - and we were only informed of this when we were actually ordering our food. So we ordered a pizza, a pad thai, and a child's pizza. Now it wouldn't be fair to compare a pizza here to a pizza in Rome but the pizza was absolutely terrible - and in fact better pizza is available about 500 metres down the road. The child's pizza was inedible, in fact it was the only meal my son refused during the two weeks. When I tasted it, it was like cardboard. The Pad thai, ordered to replace the non-existent BBQ, was the worst thai meal we had on the entire holiday being flavourless. It was also twice the price of any other Thai meal we had during the trip.

I would recommend anyone to come here for a drink, but the food was awful.

Alena K, Владелец at Frangipani Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2017

Dear KilliGonzales! We are happy that you have noted and appreciated the style of our restaurant. All the restaurant area including the full structure, the kitchen and the swimming pool side has been recently fully renovated. Its is also possibile to have the dinner on the beach deck for a more private romantic dinner.
In the other side we are also very surprised about the comments in your review because they are very far from the compliments that we are used to received from the other guests as you can read from other posted reviews.
The BBQ food is always available and it sound very strange to hear that you have been told the choice of BBQ menu was not available because it is a popular selection and all food are always present in both choice: meat or fish.
Considering the time for cooking BBQ we always inform the guests about the time of waiting, (usually 20/30 minutes) probably you have had a misunderstanding with the waitress. For this reason we advise our guest to book the plate in advance to avoid waiting.
I’m very sorry that you didn’t appreciate our pizza, but as my husband is Italian I can tell you that it is very good and made with italian style. Probably you are used to a different kind of pizza and this is why you didn’t like it but to say that “ it is terrible “ it is not the correct adjective to comment our food.
We quote the price of our menu accordingly the quality of the products we use in our kitchen and, in comparison of the prices of the other restaurants for our standards. From your other reviews I noted that you are used to eat “specific” kind of food and of course if you compare our restaurant with the cheapest restaurants of the island you can find some difference but for sure not the double of the islands. The quantity of the portion and the quality of the food is not the same and in our restaurant we don’t use dangerous additive, very used in the low-cost restaurant in Thailand.
I’m very sorry for the plate of your son, but if you could not understand the different between “pita" and “pizza” (which is specified in menù) we can’t be responsible for the mistakes of your choice.
Best regards,
Frangipani management

Reviewed 7 March 2017 via mobile

Plenty of choice on the menus here and everything is freshly cooked to order. The chocolate banana pancakes at breakfast were amazing. The staff are very friendly and smiley and can't do enough for you. Service is faultless and the setting is simply stunning right on the beach. Slightly more expensive than many of the other beach bars but you get what you pay for. The cocktails are to die for too!

Reviewed 7 February 2017

Just returnd from a diner in Frangipani restaurant. The staff was verry friendly, the food was good, the place is beautifull. But the "lady of the house" is not friendly at all. We were no residents of the hotel and she said not a word to us, no hello, no thanks, no goodbye. For the evening we give a 5, for the lady we give a 1. That makes 3.

Alena K, Владелец at Frangipani Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 14 February 2017

Dear jeepeebelgium!
Your review makes me so sad. All this paradise that you have visited was made by me. Every beautiful glass, every candle, light, every table and decoration, flowers - all these things were chosen by me with much love and attention to make your stay pleasant and joyful! So many hours I have spent in the kitchen training my staff to make all these beautiful and tasty dishes, I pesonnaly gave them the lessons of english language, so they can satisfy your needs with a friendly smile. I appologize that I couldn't give you as much attention as you wish personally but I was very busy with the organization of the wedding in our restaurant and resort at the time you visited us. I don't live at the island so I try to keep privacy of our guests and I prefer to keep the distance and only check through the staff is everything ok.
This restaurant was done like a gift to people at Ko Phangan in order to provide a comfort outdoor beachfront sitting in a stunning sunset place with a great food and friendly staff. Your rating gives less oppurtunity to other people to find this place which makes happy everyone.
Kind regards,