Astounded by the positive review below! This place is precisely as bad as all the negative reviews you'll find here. Wished we'd had internet available at the Donsak pier so we could have looked this up before accepting the touts offer of a night in one of the bungalows for 300Baht.
This place is totally isolated and to try and squeeze an extra nights fee out of you they have this ridiculous rule where you have to tell them you wish to check out the night before or they will charge you another 50% of another nights stay. Because we arrived at night we ended up having to spend 2 nights here as we spent the morning of the second day looking for a better place to stay. Food wasn't actually that bad and i didn't really have much contact with the Manager except to pay the bill so can't comment on his behaviour. But the dishonest way of luring you there and the appalling state of the bungalows warrants a terrible rating in itself. Just felt like our rickety shack was going to just topple into the sea at any moment taking us and all the huge spiders, lizards and cockroaches with it. Just terrible!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- West Coast Beach Resort is fresh and ready to provide professional service. For travelers who want to take in the sights and sounds of Koh Phangan, this is the perfect choice. From here, guests can enjoy easy access to all that the lively city has to offer. With its convenient location, the hotel offers easy access to the city's must-see destinations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda and Evoline ltd so you can book your West Coast Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Haad Gruad Beach Resort And Spa
- Haad Gruad Beach Hotel Koh Phangan