“Good food, decent room”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ko Pha Ngan
JJ's Resort & Bungalows
Reviewed 23 February 2014

Owner is friendly, food is good, Location is good (not recommended on Saturday where they have a Jam concert right next to your room) the owner tell us about the concert so we didn't stay on Saturday night, room is clean, bathroom a bit smelly, bed hard as rock (by Thai standard this is quite hard)

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 29 October 2013 via mobile

Great location close to the beach bars the shops and the viewpoint. No need to walk further than 5 min.
We stayed in a bungalow which was lovely. Very clean and house keeping came everyday :). The pool area was also super aswell!
The staff were very helpful especially when we forgot our own safe code haha.
The only down points I would have is that there are a lot of steps to get to the bungalows that are on a hill. While one staff did bring up our bags my friend had bad knees and the stairs defiantly did not help. Also a lot of cats kicking about but this can be said for phi phi as a whole.
Great stay and would defo go back again

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 April 2013

When I took the bungalow which was lovely, there was an ashtray with cigarette stubs in it on my balcony, bird poo on my stairs, the mirrors inside were dirty and the surfaces dusty. On my fourth day I asked the wife of the couple who run the place if I could have my room cleaned, I got a frosty response but the room was 'cleaned' - the bedding was changed and fresh towels were left but the bins weren't emptied and the dirty towels were left, the mirrors and surfaces remained uncleaned. I never bothered to ask for my room to be cleaned again nor did they offer in 11 days. For the price I paid I would expect a better and more friendly service, I really don't enjoy staying somewhere where the owners/staff are rude. I wouldn't stay again which is a real shame because it's a good location, with a nice restaurant but I only ate in their once, again because I found the wife to be so unfriendly.

Room Tip: Don't pick the bungalows near the road because on Sunday nights the bar across the road has live...
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Limitless77
Reviewed 15 November 2012

we always hang out at JJ's Restaurant when we need a break and some good food on the island. Try their hummus, chapati bread, veggie burger and sautee potatoes. They really put LOVE in whatever they are doing! I would recommend it to anyone that likes tasty wholesome food.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Aivan B
Reviewed 16 September 2012

Stayed here for a short break on my own. Found the owners very friendly and ended up extending my stay it was that nice. Food was superb and very well priced, would highly recommend. A very relaxing chilled out place to stay.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 30 January 2012

I stayed at JJ's Resort for a month while on Koh Phangan on a yoga program. The owners, an Englishman and his Thai wife, are accomodating to their guests and quite pleasant. They picked me up from another hotel across town as I could not bring all of my luggage over on my rented scooter. The owner also took me to the ferry early one morning (6:15 am) so I could do a visa run and a visit to Penang. Several of the guests I met, stay here year after year for months at a time.

I looked at some other bungalows that were cheaper by the month, but they did not offer the quality or the value for me. The wifi in the bungalows was outstanding and the TV had tons of channels. I watched more TV than I had planned.

I had a problem with the fan in my living room and when I notified them, it was replaced immediately with a new one.

The restaurant is outstanding with home cooked specialities including vegetarian options. I loved the Thai Set Menu. Their homemade spring rolls are delicious. The chocolate cake is yummy! It takes a little longer to get your food than you might expect, but that it is because eveything is made fresh to order. It is not a cheap place to eat, but the value is there because of the quality of the food. It is nice to have the restaurant across the street from your bungalow when you don't feel like cooking or driving out.

There were great views of the sea from my bungalow (the one closet to the street). I knew they didn't have a/c in my bungalow and was concerned this could be a problem for me, but it wasn't. I got plenty of breezes and ventilation with all the windows and the front door open. The livingroom with the open-ness, gave an indoor/outdoor feel to it! I found the breezes refreshing! They have 2-units with air conditioning, but without a kitchen, so ask if they are available. When I checked other properties, they wanted from 3-5k baht more for a/c per month which made them unaffordable to me.

I cooked frequently with the limited utensils in my kitchen. I was told if there was anything additional I needed to cook with that their restaurant kitchen would supply it for me. So ask if you don't have something in your bungalow you need! The bungalows could use brighter lightbulbs for reading and checking email.

There is a nearby bar on Saturday nights that had an open mic night. This was the only times the street traffic/noise was an issue for me. They played music until 2:30 am! The rest of my visit I didn't mind the street noise because it gave me the view of the sea and the breeze. For those wanting more solitude, stay at a bungalow in the back.

The location on the southern part of the island was perfect. It was about half way to Thongsala (the main town and pier) and where my yoga classes were given near Ao Hin Kong Beach on the south to southwest part of the island. Many of the parties are on the westside of the island. I did not want to be anywhere near the Full Moon Parties so this was the right choice for me!

Room Tip: for a view and breeze, get a bungalow closer to the street. Or there is a river bungalow for more p...
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank firecrackerbaby2015
Reviewed 6 March 2010

I stayed here whilst travelling around asia with some friends, only for about 10 days in total although not all at once. We wanted to return before we departed Thailand to say goodbye to the lovely owners and their children, Jamie and Jack (hence JJ's). The food was great and the atmosphere was always lively as there were alot of people who I guess came for the quality food. Would reccomend to travellers and families on a budget. We made sure we were back for sunset as they were amazing from this side of the Island and especially whilst sipping a cold beer on JJ's beach.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled with friends