“Amazing food and service”

Nic's Ristorante Pizzeria & LoungeBar
Price range: US$3 - US$9
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 23 September 2013

The food was always good here. We practically lived here every night before going out. The staff and service is great, even the owners come round to your table and ask you how everything is and they even wait the tables if the place is very busy which it usually is. Plus, what you don't eat, you can always ask to take it home.

1  Thank EgleDesigns

Reviewed 17 August 2013 via mobile

The food was excellent although we were surprised by the fact that the restaurant was absolutely empty. We didn't finish with all the food and the employees prepared it us to take away. The only negative point i would say is that is a little bit hidden.

Reviewed 16 July 2013 via mobile

If this restuarant was in a different place I would have rate it 1. The pizza is tasteless and pretty expansive. But there are just no good restuarant in Koh Pangan espiacially in Haad Rin so I rate it a little bit above avrege.
Service was very good but it was probably because we were the only ones there.

Reviewed 27 June 2013

Mine and my boyfriend's pizzas were tastless and our starters were nothing special. I'm not sure what all the previous rave reviews are about- the place isn't the fancy establishment it is made out to be- it has napkin boxes you'd find in a fast food restaurant and we were given a basket with sauces in and the salt shaker had cobwebs underneath it where the salt is dispensed from and there was a spider in the basket- not exactly hygienic.

My milkshake was also tasteless- we'd describe the food as bland and the place itself as bland. I think the rave reviews about this place are from travellers who haven't had a decent meal in weeks/ months so in comparison to Haad Rin's burger joints this seems quite fancy.

The service wasn't great- we weren't asked if we wanted a drink for ten minutes and our mains arrived just as we had finished eating out starters and the plates weren't cleared, the waiters just looked as us as if to say 'move them' to make room for our main courses.

If you're used to dining in good restaurants with good service don't go to this place- it is literally a 1 or 2 star type of place and it only has such a high rating in comparison to the other pretty dumpy places in the area. Overall a disappointment.

Reviewed 25 June 2013 via mobile

It's hard to not rant when you have such a lousy experience, and maybe there were staffing problems, but even considering the laid-back service in SE Asia, this place took incompetent to a whole new level. Night 1: looking forward to eating at a highly rated restaurant on tripadvisor, my friend and I arrived and waited to be acknowledged for 5 minutes or so until ultimately they sat new-comers in the last table available. We left and got Italian at a little family place with friendly, fast service and good food. Night 2: convinced Nic's would redeem their high rating, 5 friends and I returned. The bloopers include: 5 of us finished eating long before the 6th dish was served. I ordered a margarita that never came. The check was 100 baht more than what it should have been. I could continue describing the poor service but you're probably hungry so I'll wrap it up. The restaurant was pretty cool at night as far as atmosphere goes, and the food was good but not memorable. Maybe this place is okay when it's at half capacity, but I can't recommend this place