We stayed at Rasananda Anantara Koh Phangan in September 2013. Travelling as a couple, we were looking for a relaxing beach holiday in the sun with some touches of luxury - and we found it. Our holiday started the moment we jumped off the back of the speed boat and our toes touched the water. Symbolic of the start of our fantastic holiday. Welcomed by many smiles we were guided through the beautiful garden setting to our Thai Pool Villa. Wow - what an oasis! How great it is to have your very own infinity pool, and the upstairs bedroom does catch the cool sea breeze at night! We also stayed in an Ocean Suite which was just as nice for different reasons. Accommodation was comfortable, private and exceptionally clean. Each night the housekeeper would turn down our bed and leave us a special 'sweet Thai treat'.
Lead by Chef Don, and his kitchen team, and supported by the waitering staff combined to produce a gastronomic Thai dining experience at every occasion (although at times we did ask for a little more chilli!). We tried everything, and Don would be happy to know we did put on a few extra kilos by the end of our stay. Special mention and thanks to Goal, Nui and the 'Wine Guru' for their expert knowledge and professional, friendly service. We will always remember our fire lantern rising into the full moon sky. Thank you.
Do yourself a favour and book in for a massage at the Spa. I think I had a Rasananda Signature Massage which was heavenly - it's worth it just to go for a walk up the stairs to the massage rooms set amongst the tree-tops. Very tranquil as it should be. We also had a yoga class with Melanie on the tree-top platform - however watch out for the mosquitoes at dusk. Only one of us had tried yoga before but that didn't matter. We contemplated using the gym facilities, and whilst the equipment all looked very new, we didn't ever seem to make it there for a session.
This is a resort for couples to relax, unwind and enjoy a beach holiday, and Rasananda Anantara mostly lived up to this promise. The resort is well run, and I think management really listens to the wishes of its guests and does their utmost to ensure they deliver and even exceed on their promise.
And the best entertainment... sitting at the beach watching the many guests arrive and depart each day, and being happy that you're still there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tucked discreetly at the base of a lush mountain, amongst towering coconut palms and just steps from the powdery sands of Thong Nai Pan Noi beach, 64 private pool suites and villas in seven distinctive layouts face the turquoise sea. Comprising indoor and outdoor living spaces ranging from 100 to 250 square metres, each sanctuary reflects its own charming character. In natural harmony with the exotic surrounds, wood and stone features provide a striking backdrop to rich hand woven silks. Luxury comforts inside range from a “blissful dreams” mattress adorned with 500 thread count linens, to a 32 inch flat screen TV with home theatre entertainment, and outside to an indulgent private plunge pool.Guests keep in touch with complimentary WiFi throughout the resort, accompanied by an extensive library with PCs alongside international magazines and newspapers ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, TravelUp, Agoda, Hotels.com, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ, Southall Travel, LateRooms, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Anantara Rasananda Koh Phangan Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Anantara Rasananda Koh Phangan Villa Resort And Spa
- Anantara Rasananda Koh Phangan Villa Hotel Koh Phangan
- Rasananda Hotel Ko Phangan
- Rasananda Resort Ko Phangan