“Amazing Resort!!!”

Ranked #2 of 92 Hotels in Ko Pha Ngan
shanghai
“Amazing Resort!!!”
Reviewed 26 November 2013

No comment apart that we experienced better than expected! From our check in time and during the whole time of our stay the entire staff, the facilities, the Resort's localization and luckily perfect weather made our stay wonderful! We were advised to go there by some friends and will definitely go back again! Miss you already Anantara!!!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Farah J, Manager at Anantara Rasananda Koh Phangan Villas, responded to this review, 26 November 2013
Dear pimous05,

We would like to thank you for your most positive review on TripAdvisor and i am glad to read that you have left our Resort with fond memories. We are delighted to learn that we keep on being being recommended by our past guests as a prime destination.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our little corner of Paradise.

Executive Assistant Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (321)
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 24 November 2013 via mobile

My wife and I recently took a trip to Thailand to celebrate our 1 year anniversary and this was easily one of the more amazing highlights of our journey. The hotel was nothing short or spectacular. The staff was ALWAYS friendly and helpful. The room knocked us off of our feet when we arrived. They had fruits, champagne, and a beautiful array of rose petals waiting for us. We chose the 2nd floor pool suite on the beach, so we had our own private pool on our deck overlooking the beach.
They provided us with a reserved set of beach chairs, an umbrella, and towels. The ocean water was so unbelievably warm and calm.
If you don't mind losing a bit of privacy, I would recommend staying in one of the first floor beachfront suites, which has the outdoor bed right on the beach. The beach really was gorgeous and quiet, we really had a nice little section to ourselves.
The food and service was top notch. It is a bit more expensive than the other areas of Thailand we visited, but it feels way more luxurious, as opposed to street food. We ate a great dinner on the beach while being entertained by fire dancers.
I would highly recommend this place to anyone, I couldn't stop talking about it when we got home. We weren't sure about choosing Koh Phangan over Koh Samui but it was definitely the right choice for a relaxing getaway. From the moment we arrived until we departed we were very well taken care of. The concierge helped us plan a day trip and was super nice and helpful.
We loved it so much we are thinking about doing it all over again!

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Jordanyaeger,

I would like to thank you on behalf of the whole team you just praised for your comment on TripAdvisor. Your words surely describe the service philosophy genuinely followed by our associates each day, it was a pleasure to have the opportunity to serve you.

With the hope to see you again at the Anantara Rasananda Villa Resort & Spa in a not too distant future.

Canton of Geneva, Switzerland
Reviewed 22 November 2013

I am doing a 1-month trip in Asia with my fiancée and decided to stay 2 nights in this hotel for 2 purposes: participate into the full moon party and relax for a day before pursuing an intensive trip.

First objective was partially met. For security reason (road to south of the island was muggy and dangerous and you do not know about the taxi driver from the island at night), I decided to take a car from the hotel and pay 120USD (compare to 20USD) for a taxi. However when we decided to go back to the hotel at 2.30am, my fiancée realized that our driver driver was drunk! Not exactly what we were expecting in terms of security.

Second objective was not met at all. As all front beach villas were booked the 1st night, I could only get one the second night. So at twelve I asked if the villa was ready and have been told that it would be at 2pm. At 2.15 no news so I ask to speak with the manager. I had already talked with him in the morning considering the security incident and he said beeing really sorry and that he will make sure the rest of our stay would be perfect. He said he would take care of it. At 3pm no news (we just wanted to enjoy a lunch in our room with our my fiancée) so we go to the reception. At 3.15 we are told that the room is not ready so we decide to go and find a restaurant outside the hotel. While walking on the beach someone finally come to say our room is ready... I would not mind to wait on average but weather was poor and cost of the room was 500USD. For this price you can find much better in Asia!

I was planning to book a room in a week at Anantara Uluwatu in Bali but will definitely not. I have already booked a room at Anantara Qasr al Sarab in Abu Dhabi in 2 weeks so I hope the Middle East Anantara experience will replace from my memories the Asian one...

4 Thank Mathieu J
Farah J, Manager at Anantara Rasananda Koh Phangan Villas, responded to this review, 27 November 2013
Dear Mathieu J,

Thank you indeed for relaying your feedback on your recent experience in our property. I am saddened to read that we have fallen short of your expectations and that you have left our Resort with mixed feelings for which i would like to extend my deepest regrets.

Rest assured that your comments have been duly reviewed and addressed with the utmost care on the day you have brought them to our attention.

With the hope that these isolated events will not taint your overall perception of our group of hotels which only aims to deliver memorable guest experience as described by many.

NJ
Reviewed 18 November 2013

When thinking back fondly on our stay at Rasananda, one of the things that truly stood out was the resort's superb staff. As the pictures and other reviews demonstrate, the resort is beautiful. That is unquestionable. However, the staff really went out of their way to welcome us and make us feel special. Literally, members of the staff meet your speedboat as you arrive on the beach and line up to wish you goodbye. The resort also has an activity guru, who will assist you in anything you'd like to do on the island. The staff really goes above and beyond to make you feel at home while luxuriating in paradise.
We chose an ocean garden pool suite. The room was excellent and very private. However, we admittedly did not use the private pool much, as we spent most of our days at the main pool and beach area. For those wishing to take more advantage of the suite's pool though, it does provide exclusive privacy.
The resort is certainly pricey, particularly when you consider the prices for drinks and food in Thailand. We walked into town a few nights, which had a fantastic island vibe (the rasta bar is a must for anyone looking for a chilled out, friendly spot). I also appreciated that the resort was located far away from the full moon party area since we were looking for a quiet, laid back holiday.
We also particularly liked the fact that we were able to visit the Anantara resort in Samui for a few hours while waiting for our transfer to the airport for our flight back to Bangkok.
We sincerely enjoyed our stay and wish to thank all the staff for their excellent service and effort in making our holiday fantastic.

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Farah J, Manager at Anantara Rasananda Koh Phangan Villas, responded to this review, 21 November 2013
Dear RK22,

It was an absolute pleasure to read your comment and your multiple references to our committed staff members. We indeed keep on receiving accolades about the passion they display each day to deliver only the best to all of our guests and create fond memories.

I will surely share your comments to all and we hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Anantara Rasananda.

Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 17 November 2013

Fabulous vacation at the Anantara Rasananda on Koh Phangan. We stayed there for 5 nights in February 2013 for our honeymoon. The hotel offered complimentary pick up at our hotel on Koh Samui, a nice perk given a cab would set us back 400-500 baht. Fantastic check -in experience
at the private lounge at pier on Koh Samui;cold drinks and chilled towel provided. But most impressive, all check in paper work was done while we sat in the lounge and waited for boat. Forms were pre filled with info provided with at our booking, check in was efficient and effortless. These may seem like minor details but I LOVE a resort that is efficient and thus maximizes your relaxation time! The resort is beautiful, it has a very relaxing vibe but still manages to have all those extra touches. The highlights:
- beautiful beach, big waves for boogie boarding some days
- awesome, awesome breakfasts - my favorite were the chocolate croissants and yogurt bar with different pureed fruit sauces.
- fantastic, friendly, helpful staff
- the little honeymoon extras thrown in by the hotel staff
- dinner and lunch menu was good, and food was great. A little expensive only given the same dishes cost a fraction of the price if you walked into town - but overall it was very well priced compared to eating out at home (Vancouver Canada)

The downsides:
- small pool with very few loungers; often over run with children. While I appreciate this is not an adults only resort - be warned if there are several families you'll know it. The resort is very small.
- dated room. Our room was fine - but it had wear and tear - and could use some updating.
- we wanted to go a snorkeling trip but avoid the usual massive boat with 100 other people...the activities coordinator really wanted to push certain trips. When we finally put our foot down - they put us in touch with a local dive shop who let us join one of their trips. Fantastic option, us and another couple for the day.

Overall - a really great resort. We loved the area and having the option to walk into a little quaint town, eat at some different places (try Luna's!), and have drinks a few different bars. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Splurge and go for the waterfront villas.
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Ash M
Dear Ash M,

Thank you indeed for your your review on TripAdvisor and it is a pleasure to read that you have had a most enjoyable stay with us.

Since February, we have had the opportunity to refine further our facilities and services to the greatest benefit of our guests. I would also like to thank you for highly recommending us and hope we will have chance to welcome you back to our shores.

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed 13 November 2013

We visited Thailand in October/November for our Honeymoon. I am American, my husband, Dutch. We have travelled all over Europe and America, but never had an experience as superior as this! Although our time in Bangkok and the River Kwai was very interesting, I wish our stay at Anantara Koh Phangan had encompassed the whole trip! Our host, Angi, did such a good job remembering us and anticipating our needs during the stay. I also had the best waitress ever! Nui. She was so friendly and very considerate. We vacillated between staying directly on the beach or in a villa right off of the beach with a private plunge pool. Due to budget, we got the villa not directly on the beach, but we were not disappointed! The privacy was fantastic and still was less than a 1 minute walk to the private beach. I could go on and on about this place. I hope one day my husband and I will have the pleasure of returning!

Room Tip: We had room 37 and it was FANTASTIC!
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Farah J, Manager at Anantara Rasananda Koh Phangan Villas, responded to this review, 13 November 2013
Dear AudreyMarcel,

Thank you for your review and for sharing your Anantara experience! I will ensure Angie and Nui are commended for their genuine care and attention. We are also delighted to read that we were your preferred destination among many.

We will be happy to have the opportunity to serve you again, hopefully in a not too distant future.

York, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 November 2013

My husband and I rather blindly decided to get married at this resort in September 2013. We were really nervous, as you can only tell so much from a resort web site, but it turns out that we could not have been more impressed. The resort itself is absolutely gorgeous. The gardens are prestine and beautifully Thai, the pool is the perfect temperature, the food at the restaurant is second to NONE on the island, the spa is something out of a dream (both visually and service-wise), and the rooms have been very well thought out to cater to anyone's luxury holiday needs. Everything you do and see on the grounds is a treat.
Beyond just the stay, our wedding day was one of the least stressful days of my life, if you can imagine. Our wedding coordinator was with us all day working out the details I never even had to consider as the bride. His ability to make good decisions on the behalf of myself and my family was well trusted in my eyes- his taste and design was beautiful. Anything I asked for was immediately delivered with a smile and anything under the sun we needed doing was done and taken care of. The entire thing was an absolute pleasure, not only for us, the bride and groom, but also for the entirity of our families- many who had never been to Asia before. Everything, from the layout the florists produced to the authentically thai details added to our place settings at the meal, to the champagne glasses, to the kindnesses paid by each member of the staff the day of and all the days surrounding it, was absolutely faultless. May I also add that they provided us an excellent photographer for the event as well. Can't wait to go back for a meal the next time we are on the island!

Room Tip: Go big or go home, you want the top end room on the beach with the dip pool.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Farah J, Manager at Anantara Rasananda Koh Phangan Villas, responded to this review, 11 November 2013
Dear Steven_Alan_Buckley,

It was a pleasure to read your comment and thank you for sharing your wedding experience in our property. We will surely relay to our team your words as the planning of a wedding is always fondly remembered by all of us.

This was yet another Amazing Anantara Story and we were glad to have written it for you.

We hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to our shores for your wedding anniversary!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Ko Pha Ngan
Beyond The Blue Horizon Villa Resort
Koh Phangan Dreamland Resort
Koh Phangan Dreamland Resort
#37 of 92 in Ko Pha Ngan

Been to Anantara Rasananda Koh Phangan Villas? Share your experiences!